+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ducktales- new series! Woohoo!

Default Re: new Ducktales series

Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post
    PSS: Hope if this potentially succeeds then we might get a reboot of Darkwing Duck...or heck, even a crossover which would be cool.
    Yes, please! I read the Ducktales/Darkwing Duck comic crossover and was disappointed by the rushed ending and villain motivations. Want to see it done better.

NNID: jervinnectar

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post
    I was never under the impression that Webbigail had a fanbase :P

PS: Duck it up like..Quack Pack? No seriously, I hope they learned their lesson from that. Because you know, pop culture references and being "HIP" was probably not the best way to go but...we'll see...we'll see.

PSS: Hope if this potentially succeeds then we might get a reboot of Darkwing Duck...or heck, even a crossover which would be cool.
    No I replaced duck with f**k to make a pun
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

I just hope it is not cg animation.

Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post
    I just hope it is not cg animation.
    I hope it's not flash animated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

^
    Lol, true. It should look like the original, but obviously more polished, cause it is done digitally anyways even if it's 2d animation.

First image of the new series is out.

http://nerdist.com/first-look-at-new...-to-disney-xd/

I like it is going to mixture between 2-D animation and comic book style.

Comics are 2D :)

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

I somehow thought this was going to be in dreaded 3D and computer-animated, but this picture looks amazing. God, now I'm really looking forward to this show. I loved Ducktales as a kid (and everything else the Disney Channel had to offer). Can we maybe get a new Darkwing Duck show?

New artwork for the series is now out.http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/07/...eries-revealed

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Looks so awesome. Love how Huey Dewie and Louie have hair styles,clothes and apparent personalities that help differentiate them from each other.

There's an odd nostalgia seeing Donald wearing a black sailors uniform.

Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Quote Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
    Looks so awesome. Love how Huey Dewie and Louie have hair styles,clothes and apparent personalities that help differentiate them from each other.There's an odd nostalgia seeing Donald wearing a black sailors uniform.
    I agree with this, but Huey now looks weird and kind of goofy in the original outfit, compared to the more modern hoodie and long sleeve under a short sleeve shirt.

Summer 2017 premier! Looks like Launchpad is in it after all. :)

http://screenrant.com/ducktales-rebo...B-P&view=lista

Voice cast:

David Tennant as Uncle Scrooge
    Danny Pudi as Huey
    Ben Schwartz as Dewey
    Bobby Moynihan as Louie
    Kate Micucci as Webbigail
    Beck Bennett as Launchpad
    Toks Olagundoye as Mrs. Beakley

Last edited by Kaiolino; December 16th, 2016 at 10:18 AM.

David Tennant as Scrooge.

I don't know how to feel about that. I like Tennant, and he's a decent sized name to have in the role. But his voice is very much HIS voice. It was downright distracting when he had a role in TMNT.

Well, maybe if he lays on the Scottish.

I wouldn't want them to wholesale try to imitate the old cast, but at the same time...

Also, good that they seem to realize they have one of THE best themesongs and aren't touching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    David Tennant as Scrooge.

I don't know how to feel about that. I like Tennant, and he's a decent sized name to have in the role. But his voice is very much HIS voice. It was downright distracting when he had a role in TMNT.

Well, maybe if he lays on the Scottish.

I wouldn't want them to wholesale try to imitate the old cast, but at the same time...

Also, good that they seem to realize they have one of THE best themesongs and aren't touching it.
    its also worth noting that he was the 10th Doctor for you Dr. Who fans.
    NintendoID: Zodiark14

At this point I doubt anyone is going to sound anything like the original cast so it doesn't bother me at the least having Tennant do Scrooge at all. Heck, I'm sure they could have EASILY (maybe) gotten Terrance McGovern to play Launchpad again, but I am pretty sure there is a reason why they are going strictly with an entirely new cast (probably to match the new design, aesthetic, and overall re-introducing the franchise to a new demographic in a different light).

I'm fine with a new cast. It's been 30 years, and anyone was going to have trouble competing with 30 years of memories regardless.

It's mostly that Tennant always sounds like Tennant specifically.

Yeaah that is the problem with getting Tennant to do anything really. Heck I generally have the same problem seeing Tennant in anything. I suppose it really depends on how they plan on depicting Scrooge. If they got Tennant, I'm going to presume Scrooge's portrayal is going to be a tad more...colorful and whimsical?

Have you heard him do a Scottish accent? You know, his natural accent? :P I think most people just hear him faking an English accent. I do worry he might sound a bit too young, though. They should have got Peter Capaldi. XD

If he goes full Scottish he should be fine, that'll hide his distinct voice somewhat.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information