+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ducktales- new series! Woohoo!

Default Re: new Ducktales series

Wow, this looks awesome!

I'm a little worried the triplets' (and webby's) new personalities will start to grate on me after a few episodes though.

I just want them to release a full version of the new theme song.

Also don't mind the changes to Huey, Dewey and Louie being more in line with their Quack Pack incarnation because it add a different element.
    What I love is how they seem to be putting Donald more in line with his old comics version and not doing any of that Navy business.
    Check out my artwork and my musings here:
    http://o-chan30.blogspot.com/
    http://ochan28.deviantart.com/

The new series is looking really good so far. I'm already liking David Tennant's version of Scrooge McDuck. I'm happy that my favorite gag from the original series is coming back in the new series, with Launchpad crashing stuff.

That's a good question; how old is Scrooge?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    Eighty in the original comics since he first appeared in 1947 and was born in 1867 according to Rosa's timeline, which is based as much of Barks' stories as possible.
    Complicating things since 2009.

According to Keno Don Rosa he was born in 1867. So this year is his sesquicentennial.

Of course, there's the sliding timeline effect as well; Rosa just set his stories in the late '40s to early '50s to match that birthdate.
    Complicating things since 2009.

. . . . I'm not too fond of the nephews and Webby looks ANNOYING, but Scrooge and Donald look fine. Whoever is doing Donald is doing a great job.

I looked it up and wow, Donald got a new voice actor starting this year.

That's pretty weird
    Tony Anselmo isn't even that old

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

Having recently played a bunch of Kingdom Hearts I noticed he sounded a bit different, but I assumed it was just Tony Anselmo having an off day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Having recently played a bunch of Kingdom Hearts I noticed he sounded a bit different, but I assumed it was just Tony Anselmo having an off day.
    I'm pretty sure Anselmo does Donald for 0.2 (the rest is archived audio.)

I'm pretty sure Anselmo does Donald for 0.2 (the rest is archived audio.)
    I meant in this trailer.

I don't know if it's just me. Near the end of the teaser, when they show Scrooge and Dewy in the treasure room, Was the person that was walking towards the treasure is Flintheart Glomgold. Who was Scrooge's arch rival in the Scrooge's comics and the original Ducktales tv series.

I see they gave Webbie the Lola Bunny reboot treatment? I have no attachment to her old character, so this may be for the better. The Nephews though...I don't mind them having distinct personalities/voices, but that "Maaaaan, our family is so LAME" 'tude is instantly unappealing. It might just be their deliveries; or well, Dewies delivery. I know this is for kids, but him going "The baJILLIONAAAIRE???!!!" sounds like someone doing a parody of a childrens cartoon character.

Scrooge sounds and looks great though. Screwing up Scrooge would've been unforgivable.

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    I see they gave Webbie the Lola Bunny reboot treatment? I have no attachment to her old character, so this may be for the better. The Nephews though...I don't mind them having distinct personalities/voices, but that "Maaaaan, our family is so LAME" 'tude is instantly unappealing. It might just be their deliveries; or well, Dewies delivery. I know this is for kids, but him going "The baJILLIONAAAIRE???!!!" sounds like someone doing a parody of a childrens cartoon character.

Scrooge sounds and looks great though. Screwing up Scrooge would've been unforgivable.
    she's more like the sister from gravity falls or the little daughter from bob's burger
    and all of the young characters scream their lines
    it's basically the new disney formula

Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Isn't Donald more present than in the old one?

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Isn't Donald more present than in the old one?
    He's actually a main character in this new series. He was excluded from the old one (despite being a recurring character in the comics that the show was based on) because of the fear he would overshadow Scrooge.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Donald only showed up occasionally in the old one; the show started off with the nephews having to go live with Scrooge because Donald was joining the Navy.

From what I recall, they did this because they thought Donald would steal the focus away from the lesser known characters too much, or something like that.

Edit: ^ we posted at the same time

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information