+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ducktales- new series! Woohoo!

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Default Ducktales- new series! Woohoo!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/...ney-dx-in-2017

New Ducktales apparently coming in 2017 to Disney XD. Currently, the reboot is set to feature Scrooge McDuck, his grandnephews Huey, Dewey and Louie, and Donald Duck -- plus, a ton of other fan-favorite characters: Launchpad McQuack, Duckworth, Gyro Gearloose, Flintheart Glomgold, Magica DeSpell and Poe, Ma Beagle and the Beagle Boys, Mrs. Beakley and Webbigail Vanderquack.

I hope they don't duck it up ( )

But anyway I loved this series back in the day so I hope it's good
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Default Re: new Ducktales series

The most important question: will they reuse the original theme song?

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

They kinda have to don't they?

Tho I'd really like it if they re-cast McDuck right out the bat. Alan Young is iconic and everything, but he's in his 90's at this point and they may have to do a recast out of necessity soon anyway. Probably same should go for June Foray.

And before I forget!

Last edited by Conekiller; February 25th, 2015 at 10:17 AM.

Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

I really don'#t like the idea of 3D to be honest, sure for some stuff it works, but for something that was originally 2D,i'm against it, also, they absolutely must and have to use the original opening song for it.

Hold up...they are actually going to put Donald in this just like the comics?

Now I'm interested.

Well fine, I'll just repost what I said in the Disney thread before this thread was made.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    New Ducktales series in 2017.

http://blogs.disney.com/oh-my-disney...||esocialmedia

Well, maybe they'll adapt the rest of the Barks stories this time. Or some of the Rosa ones.

Just please, no Bubba Duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
    They kinda have to don't they?

Tho I'd really like it if they re-cast McDuck right out the bat. Alan Young is iconic and everything, but he's in his 90's at this point and they may have to do a recast out of necessity soon anyway. Probably same should go for June Foray.
    Wow yeah, she's 97. How did she not get nominated for an emmy until 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by RuNa View Post
    Hold up...they are actually going to put Donald in this just like the comics?

Now I'm interested.
    First time around they avoided Donald because they were afraid (and rightly so) that he'd overshadow the rest of the cast by being the most well known.

Scrooge has had 30 years to percolate in the public conscious and is probably about comparable by now. The trick there is two-fold however.

1)In the old cartoon, Launchpad filled Donald's role generally where appropriate.
    2) You can actually understand what Launchpad is saying.
    3)Fenton/Gizmoduck then further filled that role in the second season.

They've already had proxies for Donald filling his general role, so... they can have him around, but don't ned him full time, the cartoon verse has a few more main characters in it.

I wonder if there will be a special Darkwing Duck appearance.
    Also:

It would be amazing if they could do like, a standalone 5 parter "Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck", though obviously they'd never be able to adapt the entire story (or its companion book)... and they'd probably insist on having the nephews be active in the story and whatnot and would have to contain it to flashbacks or something dumb.

Still, a guy can dream.

Likes the way you smile =D Retro's Avatar

I heard the original creators of the comic series weren't pleased with Ducktales as it didn't fit their vision despite it's popularity back in the day. Wonder if this new series will be more in line with that while incorprating the old series. I know they want a new generation to like this but don't want to piss off older fans too. Such a hard balance.

WHOOOO-WA-TAAA!!!!!

Monstra: www.monstra.comicgen.com

Quote Originally Posted by Retro View Post
    I heard the original creators of the comic series weren't pleased with Ducktales as it didn't fit their vision despite it's popularity back in the day. Wonder if this new series will be more in line with that while incorprating the old series. I know they want a new generation to like this but don't want to piss off older fans too. Such a hard balance.
    Well yeah, the cartoon, as good as it was, was pretty inferior and more kiddified. Even the stories it took directly from Barks weren't as good as the originals. (And they were already all-ages appropriate.)

I got into reading the original comics about a decade ago and they were really good, which got me interested in rewatching the show... and it just doesnt hold up that well in comparison.

One of the big things is Scrooge's personality was pretty different. Its hard to explain what exactly the difference is, since they were mostly the same, but... ome subtlties were lost. And a lot of the episodes were even sillier than the already silly comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    It would be amazing if they could do like, a standalone 5 parter "Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck", though obviously they'd never be able to adapt the entire story (or its companion book)... and they'd probably insist on having the nephews be active in the story and whatnot and would have to contain it to flashbacks or something dumb.

Still, a guy can dream.
    That WOULD be a dream, and the first thing my hopeful heart thought of when I heard this news.

Still...you gotta wonder what changes will be made to the characters and designs to fit the year 2017. Scrooge and all the nephews are so iconic in my mind that I can already find my fanboy self rebelling at the thought of alterations.

If more Barks/Don Rosa leaning stories are one end of the spectrum then I can't help but imagine Quack Pack But With Scrooge at the other.

Please don't, Disney

I was going to make a Quack Pack joke but you already referenced it.

They're using the Duck Tales name, so I imagine they'll lean closer to the iconic than not.

Holy shit Alan Young is 95.

Hopefully they don't screw this up with stuff like:

Corny jokes that are aimed to little kids who laugh very easy
    Stale episode stories that are generic to many kid target audience shows
    Character designs that seem stupid

I hope they can pull as many of the old tv series voice actors in this.

Plus if they do bring the theme song in, it doesn't get modernized.

I'm sure they know how golden and addictive the old theme is.

But I cant imagine them keeping the old one exactly as is.

Still...

It would be cool if they put more effort into involving other family members and ancestors in their adventures. The Duck family tree is pretty huge.

Fun (?) fact: it was revealed not too long ago in a Dutch comic that the reason Della never picked the nephews up again is because she is an astronaut and died in space.

The fact that the editors basically forced Rosa to put Fethry on there while not allowing him to include Ludwig von Drake still annoys me. At least Don managed to stick Fethry in the fold of the book.
    Complicating things since 2009.

I'm interested to see what they will do for the new series. I hope Gizmoduck appears in the new series.

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuJinbei View Post
    plus, a ton of other fan-favorite characters: Launchpad McQuack, Duckworth, Gyro Gearloose, Flintheart Glomgold, Magica DeSpell and Poe, Ma Beagle and the Beagle Boys, Mrs. Beakley and Webbigail Vanderquack.

I hope they don't duck it up ( )

But anyway I loved this series back in the day so I hope it's good
    I was never under the impression that Webbigail had a fanbase :P

PS: Duck it up like..Quack Pack? No seriously, I hope they learned their lesson from that. Because you know, pop culture references and being "HIP" was probably not the best way to go but...we'll see...we'll see.

PSS: Hope if this potentially succeeds then we might get a reboot of Darkwing Duck...or heck, even a crossover which would be cool.

I was okay with the idea of Quack Pack
    a)giving the nephews distinct appearances
    2)bringing them in line with the style or the time

Of course, they failed to give them any sort of distinctive personalities, and the style aged badly, and the show was na overall mess... and it had humans instead of dogs...

but the trio has gone back to default in the stuff made since then. So all is well.

I'm not sure what age Max Goof is currently though. He sort of grew up in real time up through that one christmas special where he brought home his new girlfriend that looked and sounded exactly like Roxanne that wasn't actually Roxanne.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information