+ Reply to Thread
Page 141 of 146 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 139 140 141 142 143 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,820 of 2912

Thread: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part II: Do the Dio Walk!

Default Re: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part II: Do the Dio Walk!

"I'm not owned" says man getting hit by two dozen of his own bullets and spraying blood everywhere

"I'm not owned!" screams man with neck impaled on an iron pole

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

A curiosity about Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind episode 19.

Episode 19 covers chapter 514 from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure original Manga. That chapter was published in Weekly Shonen Jump #34/1997, the issue where One Piece started more than 21 years ago.

Spoiler:

It's a matter of time before people put the ending song over that particular scene....

While I like this fight overall, I always find Giorno involvement in this fight to be kinda weird? While he did play a role in fighting Ghiaccio (& deal the final blow), he was also acting as the pseudo-narrator of this fight.
    It feels Giorno is being tacked into the fight that is supposed to Mista's spotlight...Maybe it's just me.

So are they going to change the theme song by next episode? I think it would make the most sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    So we're going down this rabbit hole again.

Either next episode or the episode after.

It amazes me that something so far 21 years far ago can still feel not dated, intelligent and exciting to experience at this point in time.
    Like, there's so much smart in Jojo.

I love White Album! The fight is one of my favorites in Jojo, if not my favorite, and the Stand is among my 5 or 3 favorites as well. Only Ghiaccio himself I was indifferent about, but his voice actor did the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    It's amazing how fast Part 5 goes, we've only got like six fights left.
    the thing that people tend to forget about Part 5 is that the last fight is a real doozy
    King Crimson and everything around it takes up like the entire back 25% of Part 5

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

The Silver Chariot Requiem onwards is absolutely awful (Except for Mista X Trish) so can't wait for seven goddamn episodes of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
    the thing that people tend to forget about Part 5 is that the last fight is a real doozy
    King Crimson and everything around it takes up like the entire back 25% of Part 5
    17%, actually, which is a fair deal less than the final fights of any of the following parts' fights. And that's including Sleeping Slaves.

7 episodes is probably an accurate estimate though.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

In terms of timeline, Part 5 literally took place in a week or so. Not surprised it felt fast.

Regarding the SCR & the final fight against Diavalo, it was really meh & underwhelming for a finale...
    GER felt like a lazy cop out because KC was too strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    So we're going down this rabbit hole again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    The Silver Chariot Requiem onwards is absolutely awful (Except for Mista X Trish) so can't wait for seven goddamn episodes of it.
    I hope you're not including Sleeping Slaves in that because that's one of my favorite arcs in the entire part.

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyBlue View Post
    In terms of timeline, Part 5 literally took place in a week or so. Not surprised it felt fast.

Regarding the SCR & the final fight against Diavalo, it was really meh & underwhelming for a finale...
    GER felt like a lazy cop out because KC was too strong.
    Kind of like Kars falling for Joseph's last bluff and Jotaro fucking DiO's shit up somehow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

I've been playing catchup now that I've got some computer trouble sorted. Beach Boy was a very well-directed episode (only in Jojo would the guy with the magic fishing rod prove to be more troublesome to dispatch than the guy who can age you to death), Babyface was merely functional I guess in comparison and the Stand itself was rather "Why...?", but White Album was fantastic. That fight had it all: a fun set piece, an absurd amount of violence (Mista ripping the epidermis off his palm was ergh), protagonist dumbassery (I was so close to shouting at my screen at Giorno's genius plan to escape an ice-user by plunging the car into a river), and Ghiaccio only being taken down via an incredibly specific set of circumstances. Ghiaccio himself was pretty entertaining too by virtue of being another "Nobuhiko Okamoto loses his shit" role (making two in the same season).

I wonder if anyone's taken his rant against localization practices and applied it to the English translation itself, ironically or not. Crunchyroll can't call White Album White Album even though that's not technically the album's name, yet can keep Gently Weeps even though that is explicitly part of a song title? I dunno sometimes.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Koichi in part 4 also had a dog named Police which was kept. And Dio obviously was kept.

Giorno's plan was kind of sound though. Large bodies of water do tend to resist temperature changes and in an ideal world it would take tons and tons of energy to freeze an entire large body of water like they fell into. Ghiaccio's stand is just massively overpowered and he can freeze things to near absolute zero, so freezing a river or whatever you call the water in Venice isn't very hard for him.

I thought that was Nobuhiko. But I wasn't fully sure lol. I didn't realize he was in here twice.

The localization is weird. Cause if you're watching it subbed you can still hear them saying the original name...I don't get why it's more important to have text be different if the audio isn't changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post

The localization is weird. Cause if you're watching it subbed you can still hear them saying the original name...I don't get why it's more important to have text be different if the audio isn't changed.
    Head of Localization:
    Hey, most viewers don’t speak Japanese! They could be saying ANYTHING! They’ll just assume that’s the Japanese way of saying whatever it is and it JUST HAPPENS to sound like a band/album/song but it’s a total coincidence I swear (don’t sue please).

Because in the audio it is goruden ekusuperiensu. You can't prove that's supposed to mean Golden Experience instead of Gord Enex Peliens... at least I think that's the logic.

And regarding things like White Album, I suppose in cases like Beatles and Prince it is better to be safe than sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Because in the audio it is goruden ekusuperiensu. You can't prove that's supposed to mean Golden Experience instead of Gord Enx Peliens... at least I think that's the logic.

And regarding things like White Album, I suppose in cases like Beatles and Prince it is better to be safe than sorry.
    In the case of White Album, that’s technically not even the real name. The changes hardly matter really anyway, a Filthy Acts at a Reasonable Price by any other name punches just as hard.

There is a reason we just got Phantom Blood anime in 2012.

Hidden:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information