+ Reply to Thread
Page 144 of 146 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 142 143 144 145 146 LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,880 of 2910

Thread: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part II: Do the Dio Walk!

Default Re: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part II: Do the Dio Walk!

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    The time skip is probably limited (I feel like if the whole world was skipping that would cause too many problems, especially for the boss who wants to remain unknown) but stand range limits and ability range limits are usually separate. The World is also a short range stand but the time stop is not limited for instance.
    I think
    Spoiler:
    if that was the case Polnareff’s trick wouldn’t actually work. Diavolo most likely uses his stand very rarely for anyone to take notice. It’s not like MiH levels of timeskipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All time Stands are assumed to affect the whole world because it would just raise too many questions otherwise.

Intelligence Department, Novus Orbis Librarium

I remember-

Spoiler:
    that Narancia is going to die at some point in the story

... but I completely forgot about Fugo leaving the group.

The seeing the future thing might need to be somewhat intentionally activated.
    I am glad that King Crimson's ability is not passive hence needing activation; otherwise we would be having another Juha Bach that can only be defeated by the most inane deus ex machina.
    "Yes, I'm only bones, but that's because I have an interest... in dieting."

-Gentleman Skeleton Brook

If King Crimson can just indiscriminately affect everyone else outside of his range, it does make you wonder why he needed to get closer during the Metallica fight...
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    So we're going down this rabbit hole again.

Diavolo wanted to get closer to Nero because, just like in this episode, he wanted to be absolutely certain he would be able to kill his target before revealing himself. He even says this during the fight. Even if the ability does have a range (which I believe it does, though time powers having a range is strange like other people have said), he was in range while fighting Nero a lot during that fight since in this episode his power seemed to affect at least the entire island with the church on it. He just wasn't confident he'd be able to completely finish him off until he was right up next to him. And like I said, even if the time power doesn't have a range, King Crimson's physical attacks do. He could skip time for Nero from across the battlefield but that doesn't mean he'd be able to pull off a good attack from that range.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    All time Stands are assumed to affect the whole world because it would just raise too many questions otherwise.
    I really wish there was a smash cut to a traffic accident caused by King Crimson's awareness gap each time Diavolo uses it

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

Hidden:

The English version of the new opening leaked. It sounds pretty cool. Will probably sound better in Japanese than with the Engrish vocals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNtRVEerBRA

Tons of spoilers for animeonlies.
    "IF YOU’RE A MAN YOU DON’T CRY ABOUT IT. YOU TAKE LIFE THE UPS AND DOWNS. IF YOU’RE A REAL MAN YA NEVER GO DOWN YA JUST STAY UP"
    - RIC FLAIR

I absolutely love the palette change at 0:51, but letting go of Fighting Gold for this song was... a choice.

I like this opening a lot more than Fighting Gold. And the only real spoilers in it are showing characters and stands, which they already did with Fighting Gold. Also seems like Doppio was the person talking on the phone in the last episode, which is what I thought, but it was hard to tell since even the manga never really explained who it was.

And the only real spoilers in it are showing characters and stands, which they already did with Fighting Gold.
    Well that and the entire ending.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Fighting Gold was to good for us. So sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I absolutely HATED this episode.

Oh my god it was utter trash from the moment the enemy stand appeared.

I have neever felt so personally insulted by a story before. But HOLY SHIT this was the worst worst story I have ever sat through.

First of all, the main characters, that have been fighting crazy unpredictable stands for 24 episodes, are suddenly acting dumb and stupid for no apparent reason.

Giorno explicitly states that they should be on the lookout for enemies or their stands and then 10 seconds later they all seemingly can't be bothered to check and double/triple check the moment Narancia says he saw an enemy stand.

Secondly, they all stand around like absoulte idiots as Narancia's tongue is cut off and he's the only one who sees it as it laps around them.

Third, no one fucking checked what Narancia was pointing at. At some point Mista literally looks straight at at the Stand in a wine bottle and still somehow misses it? What in the actual fuck is this shit, are you kidding me.

Then, once Mista starts lying they conveniently start believing the lies like utter idiots.

Next, Mista would rather burn his goddamn hands, at some poor attempt to make him seem badass and noble in sacrifice, than find a way to show his team he was being attacked. I mean y not fucking use Lil' bomber to spell out the words or have it shoot shit anytime he lies or do something other than act like a complete moron who hasn't been fighting stands this whole time.

And then you have them not immediately use moody blues to verify what happened to Narancia's stand. Are u kidding me? they would rather moody blues the goddamn bathroom and not the scene of the crime? NONSENSE absolute and utter nonsense.

Fuck this episode. I hope this arc ends soon and dies in a fire.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

Yeah I don't remember this fight being as bad when I originally read it. Maybe I just went through it fast and some of the stuff didn't bother me as much because of that.

Hey in their defense Narancia acting stupid is nothing new to them.

They removed the scene with Narancia using the pen writing stuff in his arm.
    "IF YOU’RE A MAN YOU DON’T CRY ABOUT IT. YOU TAKE LIFE THE UPS AND DOWNS. IF YOU’RE A REAL MAN YA NEVER GO DOWN YA JUST STAY UP"
    - RIC FLAIR

Quote Originally Posted by LordPerucho View Post
    this is actually kinda important because it showed how Talking Head reversed literally all attempts at communication and not just talking iirc

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

Quote Originally Posted by LordPerucho View Post
    This scene operated on the assumption that Narancia knows how to read and therefore was cut for being implausible.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information