+ Reply to Thread
Page 145 of 146 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 143 144 145 146 LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,900 of 2904

Thread: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part II: Do the Dio Walk!

Default Re: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part II: Do the Dio Walk!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    This scene operated on the assumption that Narancia knows how to read and therefore was cut for being implausible.
    Narancia had to learn how to read so he could tell Fugo what he wanted off the menu at McDonalds or else he wouldn't get him anything

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

Intelligence Department, Novus Orbis Librarium

New opening is good, but I think I liked Fighting Gold more. On the other hand, the new ending song is so damn fitting, especially with the Latin verses being contextually-appropriate. It's my first time hearing the song and it's awesome; now I'm off scouring for more music from Enigma.

Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    I absolutely HATED this episode.

Oh my god it was utter trash from the moment the enemy stand appeared.

I have neever felt so personally insulted by a story before. But HOLY SHIT this was the worst worst story I have ever sat through.

First of all, the main characters, that have been fighting crazy unpredictable stands for 24 episodes, are suddenly acting dumb and stupid for no apparent reason.

Giorno explicitly states that they should be on the lookout for enemies or their stands and then 10 seconds later they all seemingly can't be bothered to check and double/triple check the moment Narancia says he saw an enemy stand.

Secondly, they all stand around like absoulte idiots as Narancia's tongue is cut off and he's the only one who sees it as it laps around them.

Third, no one fucking checked what Narancia was pointing at. At some point Mista literally looks straight at at the Stand in a wine bottle and still somehow misses it? What in the actual fuck is this shit, are you kidding me.

Then, once Mista starts lying they conveniently start believing the lies like utter idiots.

Next, Mista would rather burn his goddamn hands, at some poor attempt to make him seem badass and noble in sacrifice, than find a way to show his team he was being attacked. I mean y not fucking use Lil' bomber to spell out the words or have it shoot shit anytime he lies or do something other than act like a complete moron who hasn't been fighting stands this whole time.

And then you have them not immediately use moody blues to verify what happened to Narancia's stand. Are u kidding me? they would rather moody blues the goddamn bathroom and not the scene of the crime? NONSENSE absolute and utter nonsense.

Fuck this episode. I hope this arc ends soon and dies in a fire.
    I liked the episode but everything you said was spot on. There's just no excuse for any of the members to act like there was nothing wrong going on with Narancia especially with him saying "Did I really just say that?" and him covering his mouth every time he utters lies. The convenience is just off-the-charts.

Btw, you typed Mista instead of Narancia.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
    this is actually kinda important because it showed how Talking Head reversed literally all attempts at communication and not just talking iirc
    It would have also justified, even just a little, why the other guys were so convinced that Narancia was speaking the truth.
    Last edited by Sick_Fool; March 15th, 2019 at 09:03 PM.
    "Yes, I'm only bones, but that's because I have an interest... in dieting."

-Gentleman Skeleton Brook

Yeah, the group being oblivious and not thinking that anything could possibly be the work of a stand is a bit infuriating. However, that scene with Mista, Narancia, and Abbaccio kicking the crap out of the random civilian was so hilarious it made the episode for me. Also, the ending scene with the shark attacking Giorno was just something to see animated. As for the ending credits, it worked well but I was too excited that for the first time in a JoJo ED I had heard the song before those credits rolled.

If Bruno stopped the car every time Narancia was acting like a weird idiot we would still be in Naples.

If Bruno stopped the car every time Narancia was acting like a weird idiot we would still be in Naples.
    I feel like after a while, Mista's arm could fall off while the gang was driving and Bruno would just turn the radio up and let them handle it.

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

Wait
    Spoiler:
    Is Doppio the original and Diavolo the split personality or the contrary?

Spoiler:
    Nobody knows. The only thing that's ever said is that the original's name was Diavolo but that doesn't mean that's the original personality. And young Diavolo looked identical to Doppio. Doppio apparently means double though so that might be a clue.

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

Well the level of dumbassery that was on display there is nothing new TBH. Back in Part 3 we had Kakyoin, supposedly the smart one of the group, resorting to hysterics to warn the others about Death 13 (plus they couldn't believe a baby could have a Stand despite the fact they'd already seen an orangutan with one) or when Joseph and Abdul just went "Gee, Polnareff's sure taking a long time to get here" after discussing the need to stick together and when he finally shows up all bloodied from his fight with Chucky they don't even bat an eyelash.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Wait
    Spoiler:
    Is Doppio the original and Diavolo the split personality or the contrary?
    Spoiler:
    The implication is Diavolo and Doppio are two separate souls sharing a body. There is no "original".

To be fair, Kakioyin going "let me kill the baby" should raise alerts on everybody, and murderous rampage is also in the range of powers of an enemy stand.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Spoiler:
    The implication is Diavolo and Doppio are two separate souls sharing a body. There is no "original".
    Yeah but...
    Spoiler:
    Their must have been a middle ground between the two souls. A Narancia-level idiot and schizoid murderer could hardly live a inconspicuous lives, find the arrows and capitalize on them selling a bunch to Enya but keeping on to start a criminal enterprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    Well the level of dumbassery that was on display there is nothing new TBH. Back in Part 3 we had Kakyoin, supposedly the smart one of the group, resorting to hysterics to warn the others about Death 13 (plus they couldn't believe a baby could have a Stand despite the fact they'd already seen an orangutan with one) or when Joseph and Abdul just went "Gee, Polnareff's sure taking a long time to get here" after discussing the need to stick together and when he finally shows up all bloodied from his fight with Chucky they don't even bat an eyelash.
    Hey at least Kakayoin's lapse in judgement was temporary whereas Polnareff suffered brain damage through some unknown means after the fight with Avdol and never fully recovered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

It was the removal of the DIO bulb of course.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Yeah but...
    Spoiler:
    Their must have been a middle ground between the two souls. A Narancia-level idiot and schizoid murderer could hardly live a inconspicuous lives, find the arrows and capitalize on them selling a bunch to Enya but keeping on to start a criminal enterprise.
    Spoiler:
    part of Diavolo's entire point is that he's meant to be something of a living myth. he was an immaculate conception, somehow picked up a second soul along the way, etc. if something doesnt quite make sense with him or is overall ~a mystery~ it was probably on purpose

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    It was the removal of the DIO bulb of course.
    That or Avdol literally fried his brain with Magician's Red.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

https://mangadex.org/chapter/566258/1
    A teleporting octogenarian, dressed just like ghost Kira, going on attacking children...

Pretty creepy guy and stand. The stand could be Tooru's though. There's no way to really tell. A lot of strange and contradictory stuff going on, probably some time-space manipulation in some way.

What if,
    Spoiler:
    the head doctor is this universe version of Joseph and the father of Josefumi...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally Mr. 89 reminded me of Silver Chariot Requiem. Between him and Tooru, plus a weird Stand appearance, I'm pretty interested in this new arc.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Did anyone else noticed that the 1st and 2nd endings of Golden Wind are similar of how Roundabout looked like to Part 1 and 2?

Hidden:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information