+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86
Results 1,701 to 1,715 of 1715

Thread: One Piece Film Gold (July 2016)

Default Re: One Piece Film Gold (July 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmetal-lich View Post
    In the last 3 films that (let's face it, are the only real official films people seem to care about) two of them have had something related to Nami, or had them rescuing Nami. I'm tired of it. I don't give a FUCK.
    First off, it's literally two movies that have a six year gap between them, and second, haven't most of the films given something for each Straw Hat? I know that not all of them have been handled equally, like say Brook and Franky, but this is overreacting a bit don't you think? Especially since Nami's spotlight role in this film tantamounted to...her interaction with Carina around 1/3 of the way through, her doing nothing that stood out in her team's mission, her not even fighting in the final battle when literally every other Straw Hat faced a bad guy, and finally her story with Carina coming full circle at the end. That's hardly overexposure at all.

Plus what little of the film was about Nami focused on her former career as a thief and her love of money...a fun trait of hers that isn't seen too much in the story anymore.

Spoiler:

If I see one more god damn One Piece film that decides to make it about Nami or have something related to Nami when there are 8 other characters you can do, I'm gonna shit.

I'm just gonna fucking shit.
    Oh yeah, that was a bit annoying too. Can't they not insert something in the SHs past? I mean they didn't do it much with the movies before Strong World IIRC?

Why does everyone hate on Nami so much? She only had slightly more exposure with this film and Strong World in the underlying plot. Please look at movie 5 again and say you enjoyed that more.

Didn't you guys got it? Halfmetal-lich doesn't give a fuck so obviously everyone must also be annoyed.

In the last 3 films that (let's face it, are the only real official films people seem to care about) two of them have had something related to Nami, or had them rescuing Nami. I'm tired of it. I don't give a FUCK.
    By God, how dare these two films out of the 13 films related to this franchise have a subplot related to the same main character?
    It's happened twice already! TWICE! That's more than one!
    Why couldn't it have been Hancock instead?

Quote Originally Posted by DemonX View Post
    Oh yeah, that was a bit annoying too. Can't they not insert something in the SHs past? I mean they didn't do it much with the movies before Strong World IIRC?
    Two of the previous movies were mainly about Chopper. One of the previous movies focused on Zoro.

Only one of the movies has had a real focus on Nami, and that was Strong World. Nami and Carina's relationship in Film Gold is important, but it is nothing but a subplot in the film.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord
    Spoiler:

Sorry to be super noob, but I get urges to watch these movies sometimes, now being one of them. And I was wondering if there's an English sub somewhere. An official one, even? I have no idea what I'm talking about, I'd just like some kind of answer to this: When will be the best time/ETA that a majority of English speakers (not just a handful of early viewers) get to see this movie, officially or unofficially?
    Thus concludes my

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    By God, how dare these two films out of the 13 films related to this franchise have a subplot related to the same main character?
    It's happened twice already! TWICE! That's more than one!
    Why couldn't it have been Hancock instead?
    Still would have been annoying.

But if you or others liked then, that's wonderful! Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise, I just found it redundant and dull.

Still was a pretty looking movie though.
    3DS Friendcode: 1177-6707-2664

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

Just wondering, does anyone know why the UK was shafted so hard with a cinema release? With the recent trend of Shounen films getting cinema releases, I was really looking forward to seeing One Piece on a big screen...

Quote Originally Posted by bennylol View Post
    Just wondering, does anyone know why the UK was shafted so hard with a cinema release? With the recent trend of Shounen films getting cinema releases, I was really looking forward to seeing One Piece on a big screen...
    Could have something to do with DVD sale numbers.

Watched it today. Had a couple of nice moments, but it's essentially an over produced money grabber. I know the bad quality of OP anime should hardly surprise me at this point in time, but still expected they'd make more of an effort.

The only thing that really impressed me was Tesoro's flashback bits. That was masterfully made. Too bad it was wasted on such an empty character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Got to watch it some days ago.

The first half was pure joy. Just watching the strawhats explore this amazing new ship and having fun was lovely, and the visuals did a great job of bringing you into the action and showcasing the ship. I never liked the movies that involve the whole world like it's in danger so this movie was right up my alley. For the most part it was a stand-alone adventure.

The second half was a disappointment. The infiltration plan wasn't that interesting and felt like it went back and froth a bit (how many outfits did the Strawhats have?!). And I'd rather have Carina actually betray the Strawhats instead of betraying Tesoro, it would've been more interesting and given some credibility to her conflict with Nami, which felt very forced. "Oh I knew you were good all along but I'll pretend I'm angry at you until the very end" good grief. The fights were all over the place and I got no satisfaction from the conclusion. The worst thing was involving the revolutionaries and CP0. What was even the point aside from generating extra audience? That screen time should've gone to fleshing out Tesoro.

So yeah. It's been a while since I watching Strong World and Z, but it feels like this is the movie I enjoyed the most so there's that.

So finally watched the movie... Was worse than Z but as good as Shiki.

What I do not like is the Sabo and Lucci scene. I can't believe Lucci powered that much up to be a serious opponent to Sabo... But that's just me.
    While I do understand that they brought up reasons for both being there, the whole scene felt for me like fanfic and was mostly offscreen as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bennylol View Post
    What's really odd is that they announced screenings for England way back in July, and now eight months later we haven't even been told who's licensed it (almost certainly Manga Entertainment, but still). Looks like another 'DBZ: Battle Of Gods' situation where there's a single festival screening after the US blu-ray has come out. At least thanks to the magic of region-free BD players I can watch the film in June.

Quote Originally Posted by LostTimeLord View Post
    What's really odd is that they announced screenings for England way back in July, and now eight months later we haven't even been told who's licensed it (almost certainly Manga Entertainment, but still). Looks like another 'DBZ: Battle Of Gods' situation where there's a single festival screening after the US blu-ray has come out. At least thanks to the magic of region-free BD players I can watch the film in June.
    They probably won't even show it dubbed when it does screen in England lol.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information