+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The King of Fighters XIV

Default Re: The King of Fighters XIV

These trailers are the weirdest things. They're cobbled together by people who don't understand how to hype up a product or anything. This trailer was just some clips of Andy, stuck in front of clips from the last trailer, with the same ending, weirdly featuring Chang doing a single move again. Not even a cut-in for each character, "Chang joins the battle!" style.

Waiting for Geese, Yamazaki, Angel, and Tizoc.

Below is the latest official statement from SNK Playmore about KOF XIV:
    "THE KING OF FIGHTERS (KOF)" Series has enjoyed huge success across the globe since its birth in 1994. The latest installment and true successor to the main (numbered) series, has finally been revealed! Game visuals have evolved into 3D graphics, however "KOF XIV" keeps the classic 2D gameplay and "3-on-3 TEAM BATTLE" game system.

Furthermore, various new multiplayer online modes such as "PARTY BATTLE" are featured! The first chapter of a brand new "KOF" Saga, which welcomes a plethora of returning characters as well as newcomers, now begins!

A voluminous character roster of "50 fighters"!

In addition to numerous classic / popular returning KOF characters, many new characters involved in the storyline enter the ring!

KOF's traditional "3-on-3 TEAM BATTLE" game system is back!

Select your favorite 3 fighters from the gorgeous character roster of the game, and fight to victory via KOF's traditional and most praised "3-on-3 TEAM BATTLE" game system!

A brand new fighting game experience, "PARTY BATTLE" Mode!

Duke it out with as many as six people (three players on each team) in VS Online "Party Battle"! Feel the heat of an authentic fighting game tournament experience via PSN!

A Brand New KOF Saga

The KOF Series' storyline has been continuing over the "OROCHI", "NESTS" and "ASH" story arcs. KOF's rich story has NOT finished, and returns in a brand new exciting arc with "KOF XIV"!
    Hidden:
    :( No Angel gameplay ? Meh...Also, so far these trailers are really bad, it feels like a mishmash of scenes...Maybe is just me...

I am still happy that Angel managed to be in this game.
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

These trailers are still doing a poor job generating hype, but with a 50 character roster confirmed, and the recent reveals, I think we can say that "leak" was fully legit. In which case, that's a damn good roster. I'm excited for this game now.

Rumored King of Fighters XIV Roster
    Hidden:
    • China Team: ?, Tung Fu Rue, ?
    • Japan Team: Kyo Kusanagi, Benimaru Nikaido, Goro Daimon
    • Fatal Fury Team: Terry Bogard, Andy Bogard, Joe Higashi
    • Art of Fighting Team: Ryo Sakazaki, Robert Garcia,Yuri Sakazaki
    • K Team: K, Maxima, Kula Diamond
    • Kim Team: Kim Kaphwan, "Kims Master", "Kims Wife"
    • Criminal Team: Chang Koehan, Choi Bounge, "Newcomer Prisoner"
    • Women Fighters Team: Mai Shiranui, King, Alice
    • Ikari Team: Ralf Jones, Clark Still, Leona Heidern
    • Psycho Soldier Team: Athena Asamiya, Sie Kensou, Chin Gentsai
    • Yagami Team: Iori Yagami, Mature, Vice
    • Mexico Team: Ramon, Angel, Tizoc
    • Palace Wan Team: "Acting Mask Girl", "Teenage Girl Singer with Electric Element", "Mysterious Hooded Man"
    • South Town Team: Geese Howard, Billy Kane, ?
    • South America Team: "Brazilian Ninja", "Handicap Boxer", "Pretty Latin Girl"
    • Alternate World Team: Nakoruru, Love Heart, Mui Mui
    • Mid-boss: "Russian Billionaire"
    • Final Boss: "Non-Human Species"
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

I don't know if fightersgeneration comments are clouding my judgement, but I do think the graphics are slowly improving. Although King is looking like something out of a 2005 game.

And regarding the leaked roster,
    Spoiler:
    a big yay for Tizoc, but knowing already that Vanessa won't be in kinda ruins the chances of me getting hyped :/

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    I don't know if fightersgeneration comments are clouding my judgement, but I do think the graphics are slowly improving. Although King is looking like something out of a 2005 game.

And regarding the leaked roster,
    Spoiler:
    a big yay for Tizoc, but knowing already that Vanessa won't be in kinda ruins the chances of me getting hyped :/
    Spoiler:
    From the NESTS saga, the only one that I miss is Seth. Also, lots of new characters in this game, specially Kims new team and the South America team. I wonder who is the final member of the South Town team..Maybe is Yamazaki.

The game itself has improved, still, I am not a big fan of fighting games in 3D, but I think it looks better than the Maximum Impact series.

Another question, can I expect DLC for this game ?
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

Sorry to double post.
    The King of Fighters XIV made its playable debut at Playstation Experience last month, giving fans a true first look at SNK Playmore's next 2D fighter. Thankfully, we won't have to wait very long to see more KOF XIV, as the "work in progress" title makes its next playable appearance at Taipai Game Show 2016 (Jan. 28th-Feb. 2nd). At the very least we'll see some new footage of recently confirmed characters, and possibly some new character reveals as well.
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

this game is being "revealed" in a very haphazard way. The trailers don't do a good job of pointing out the newly confirmed characters, or any sort of new system mechanics and stuff. It feels like you're just watching over somebody's shoulder as he's game-deving. "Oh, you got Angel in there? And is that Clark?"
    "Yeah, well, they're not done yet. that's just the placeholder. look, leave me alone, okay? I need to concentrate."

Robert Garcia, Polnareff and K have been announced as playable characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cpaw_Put24

Liking Garcia's stache K and Benimaru look awesome as hell.

I liked Benimaru's new outfit, better thant that outfit with leopard print he had in 2003. Robert has matured with this mustache, I can't wait for Ryo and Yuri new looks. About K...Even Iori can change outfit, come on Kshow us something new.
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

Robert with a mustache sounds like something that should be amazing, but at least based on this video he ended up looking like a generic background character.
    Benimaru... I don't like it. I was never a fan of his tiger top, but that thing was packed with personality. This new look is just bland and I am not digging the color palette as well (although it is nowhere as bad as Leona. God, I hate her colors).
    K' is looking exactly as he always did. At this point, I guess this is a good thing.

And, man, Kyo had that anime kid face in the other videos as well?

Is Takuma dead ? Because from what I remember, Ryo is the new "Mr Karate". Also, I miss Shen Woo and the other recents characters.
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

I'm hoping for color edit again, or at least alternate colors. I think Benimaru would look great with a purple shirt.

With the Taipei Game Show '16 concluding, here's a roundup of quality KOF XIV gameplay videos from a variety of Youtubers (including some direct-feed footage). Also some additional gameplay from pro fighting game players, Gamerbee & RB. Many were hoping for new playable characters, but the TGS build still features the initial six characters: Kyo, Iori, Kula, Leona, Andy & Chang. Looks like we'll have to wait a bit longer to see K', Benimaru & Robert in action...
    Hidden:

When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

The latest KOF XIV trailer is actually quite a bit more hype than the previous ones, offering better close-ups of the character models, more dynamic camera angles, and more footage of newcomers. The 6th trailer also reveals 4 new characters for the roster, including: Terry Bogard, Clark Still, Maxima, and... the King of Dinosaur (who appears to be Tizoc under a new "heel" gimmick). SNK also revealed some new high quality screenshots and background artwork.

Background:

Hidden:

I miss the cameos of SNK characters in the background.

Hidden:

Terry: I like his Garou: Mark of the Wolves outfit, but hey, this one is not bad.
    Clark: Just like they did with his friend Ralph, SNK tune his muscles down.
    Maxima: ... He looks like a character out of Max Steel...
    Tizoc: People likes heroes and dinosaurs, why not combine the both ?
    Angel: WOW, really liked her's "People's Elbow" in this game.
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

Here's that leaked roster (that hasn't been wrong yet) in a easy-to-understand visual format. Spoilers I guess?

Spoiler:

I'm still angrily shaking my fist at AltWorld Team for existing and not being Agent Team

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

Curious to see how this handicapped boxer will play like.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information