+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The King of Fighters XIV

Default Re: The King of Fighters XIV

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Bad_Lith View Post
    Here's that leaked roster (that hasn't been wrong yet) in a easy-to-understand visual format. Spoilers I guess?

Weird how looking at this image makes me want to play this game more than actually watching the trailers.

While the graphics got better... It somehow hasn't any "soul" in my eyes... The art direction looks so bland.

This game is already an instant buy for me.

Playstation uploaded the latest King of Fighters XIV teaser trailer on Youtube today. The new trailer highlights three returning veterans: Tung Fu Rue, Choi Bounge and Chin Gentsai.

And below is a promotional image showing KOF XIV character renders for Chin, Tung Fu Rue and Choi.
    Hidden:
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

"Am I supposed to recognize this little giOHGODARETHOSEEYESINHERHAIR!?"
    Quote Originally Posted by John Adams
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

Sylvie = Is that a random J-pop idol in my KOF ? Meh.... If Tekken can have a Vocaloid wannabe, KOF can have one too.
    Vice = Liked her new outfit, way better than that suit she was wearing in the last game and it resembles the original one.
    Kim = Same old, same old.

Also, look there are background people in the stages...

EDIT: This is supposed to be a leaked roster
    Hidden:
    Last edited by C_uggs; March 17th, 2016 at 10:41 AM.
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

Is that Kyary Pamyu Pamyu?

Really like the red skull effect when Vice uses her special move. I also liked the new stages.
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

Sylvie is a former member of NESTS (the main antagonists in KOF '99-2001), and her bizarre appearance takes inspiration from Japanese pop idols and Harajuku fashions. After the collapse of NESTS, she was scouted by the KOF tournament organizer during an underground fighting event.
    The latest trailer also debuted 2 new stages. First, Navajoland takes inspiration from classic 1980's road trip movies and is the official Fatal Fury Team stage for KOF XIV. The second new stage is called Masquerade and is the main location for underground fighting tournaments (the same one Sylvie was scouted in). Sylvie's other team members will be revealed in the near future.
    Hidden:

When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

It's a real shame we're not getting Vanessa or Shen Woo as boxers. I always thought their fighting styles and designs were really fun.

But I'm still pretty meh about this game overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Athena = A simple outfit, it's not bad...But I can't feel the "Idol" vibe anymore.
    Luong = She is Kim's wife ? O_O Besides her looks I really enjoyed her kicks, they seem easy to combo.
    Nelson = Meh, just a boxer, nothing new, his design is ok.
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

Kim's Master's Wife.
    Nelson immediately reminded me of Heavy D.

Last edited by LegendarySSJ4; March 24th, 2016 at 03:51 PM.

Luong.....seems crazy.

I think Dudley looks pretty cool, glad he's coming over from SFIV to this game

As for Athena....does it bother anyone else the infantilization\kawaii-overload that they have been giving her since 11? I loved how she was aging and got more various changes in her hair and costumes as the games when on (and, since they aged, she ditched the highschool costume). She's supposed to be the same age as Kyo but it's like they de-aged her to be in highschool again. There are more idol costumes than a school outfit (unfortunately I suspect that she is in school again). She used to be one of the most varied characters in terms of looks but now she is boring.

Quote Originally Posted by RuNa View Post
    Luong.....seems crazy.

I think Dudley looks pretty cool, glad he's coming over from SFIV to this game

As for Athena....does it bother anyone else the infantilization\kawaii-overload that they have been giving her since 11? I loved how she was aging and got more various changes in her hair and costumes as the games when on (and, since they aged, she ditched the highschool costume). She's supposed to be the same age as Kyo but it's like they de-aged her to be in highschool again. There are more idol costumes than a school outfit (unfortunately I suspect that she is in school again). She used to be one of the most varied characters in terms of looks but now she is boring.
    I totally agree with you about Athena, but I think that its her "theme" to be an kawaii idol/School girl. If you took that out she wouldn't be "Athena", but I guess they could do something better, like they did with Kensou.
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ugly View Post
    I totally agree with you about Athena, but I think that its her "theme" to be an kawaii idol/School girl. If you took that out she wouldn't be "Athena", but I guess they could do something better, like they did with Kensou.
    I wouldn't care if they kept up the idol theme as long as they ditched the schoolgirl theme and never do stuff like this again:
    Spoiler:

She basically got de-aged:

Spoiler:

I liked that picture you used, do you know if there is more with other characters ? SNK lost the route with Athena, it seems like they don't know what to do with her. I would love if they keep the idol theme, especially based on the clothes she wore in KOF 2013.

Going through that leaked roster, Kensou looks nice in this game, I did not like his "new" green outfit.
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

NELSON

This young boxing prodigy has lost an arm after a terrible accident, but has been able to go back quickly into the ring thanks to a prosthesis conceived based on the last advanced robotic techniques. He fights now in order to seize the crown of World Champion, while hoping every day his partner will come out from a coma.
    http://blog.asia.playstation.com/hk-...ighters-xiv-2/
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ugly View Post
    I liked that picture you used, do you know if there is more with other characters ? SNK lost the route with Athena, it seems like they don't know what to do with her. I would love if they keep the idol theme, especially based on the clothes she wore in KOF 2013.

Going through that leaked roster, Kensou looks nice in this game, I did not like his "new" green outfit.
    It's the official artwork for XII, the page is linked from the SNK wiki I believe.

Curiously, XII was the only KOF game I never played. I didn't buy it because I was upset that the game was basically a middle finger to fans and totally chose to eschew the format of 3 stories and then a dream bout and the excuses at the time were garbage. Zoom-in mode seemed stupid and it was incredibly short sighted to cut some of the most popular characters (No Mai but Chin got in? Seriously?) and ditch endings and teams. Basically, it seemed rather pointless to even release it in the first place. I honestly wish they kept the same art-style from XI and kept releasing games yearly. I played the KOF games BECAUSE of the story and with it missing....why bother? It's not like they patch the games like Capcom and Street Fighter so they are never going to be on the same scale and I liked the individuality that all of the characters exhibit.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information