+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The King of Fighters XIV

Default Re: The King of Fighters XIV

Quote Originally Posted by RuNa View Post
    It's the official artwork for XII, the page is linked from the SNK wiki I believe.

Curiously, XII was the only KOF game I never played. I didn't buy it because I was upset that the game was basically a middle finger to fans and totally chose to eschew the format of 3 stories and then a dream bout and the excuses at the time were garbage. Zoom-in mode seemed stupid and it was incredibly short sighted to cut some of the most popular characters (No Mai but Chin got in? Seriously?) and ditch endings and teams. Basically, it seemed rather pointless to even release it in the first place. I honestly wish they kept the same art-style from XI and kept releasing games yearly. I played the KOF games BECAUSE of the story and with it missing....why bother? It's not like they patch the games like Capcom and Street Fighter so they are never going to be on the same scale and I liked the individuality that all of the characters exhibit.
    I was talking about the 2nd image, the one with the comparison of Athena's sprites.

And in KOF XII she was wearing a "tribute" to her original outfit, just like Kensou.
    Hidden:

I am the only one that sees "Vanessa" in Nelson's moveset ?
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

And people complain about the art design of the new game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

^ AHAHAHA

The bad thing about Athena's new outfit is that I thought we were going to have a J Pop Idol battle between Athena and Sylvie Paula Paula.
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

The 10th King of Fighters XIV teaser trailer went live today on Playstation's Youtube channel. Just over a minute long, the new trailer confirms the return of 2 veterans: Geese Howard and Ryo Sakazaki.

*Notice at 0:19 in the trailer, Fatal Fury Team member Joe Higashi gets countered by Geese.*
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

Geeesee!
    Lol they just inserted Higashi without a reveal.

I was surprised to see Geese countering so many attacks..I LMAO with that video.
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

Not KOF related, but it is fitting.
    It's been confirmed that designer & producer Hidetoshi Ishizawa (Neo_G) has departed from Capcom to work for SNK Playmore. Ishizawa's decorated resume lists a ton of iconic fighting games, including: MVC2, MVC3, CVS2, SF3 series, SFA2 & Darkstalkers. With SNK Playmore planning on reviving other classic franchises after KOF14, it would appear Ishizawa wants to continue his work in the genre. Definitely good news for SNK fans!
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

That poor deluded fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

New trailer, introducing 2 new fighters, MuiMui and Kukri.

SNK Playmore has been randomly releasing new KOF XIV screenshots each week via Twitter. One of the latest screenshots shows a classic pre-fight interaction between Geese Howard and his faithful henchman, Billy Kane. This confirms the return of "special intro" animations which will occur between specific fighters before each match. Hopefully SNK will include many more of these in KOF 14!
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

Damn it, I want to mock Kukri for being an edgelord but he looks so cool...
    Quote Originally Posted by John Adams
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

I know, he is a mix of Crocodile with M. Bison. (0:29) and MuiMui..meh, she reminds me of Jam Kuradoberi.
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

Kukri makes me think of Hazama meets part 1 Gaara. Mui Mui should have been Li Xiangfei. The only neat thing about her from the trailer is her horizontal Tenshokyaku.

Mai Shiranui and new character: Banderas Hattori (the "brazilian ninja" from the leaked list):

Ok, so they FINALLY got a trailer right. This one was really funny and as a Samurai Shodown fan I loved all the references in Banderas' moves.

"YAMATO NADESHIKO! WOW. FUJIYAMA! KUNOICHI" I am laughing hard here

So, Banderas is a guy that was watching so many Naruto episodes that he started to think he's a ninja ? Well, I missed his football.

Great trailer BTW.
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

Ironically, he's already more ninja-like then Mai ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Ok, so they FINALLY got a trailer right. This one was really funny and as a Samurai Shodown fan I loved all the references in Banderas' moves.

"YAMATO NADESHIKO! WOW. FUJIYAMA! KUNOICHI" I am laughing hard here
    They're getting better at this. Both in the editing, and in having some fun with it. First time we've seen english subtitles too, right?

They need more stuff like this if they want to market to people who aren't already KoF fans.

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

All the teams I believe have been shown now.

I assume the guy on team China with the headphones is this games Ash?
    Quote Originally Posted by John Adams
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

New "Returning" characters revealed in the trailer, include: Goro Daimon, Mature, Joe Higashi, Yuri Sakazaki, Ramon, Sie Kensou and Nakoruru.

"Newcomers" revealed in the trailer, include: Shun'ei, Hein, Gang-Il, Xanadu, Meitenkun, Alice, Love, Mian, Zarina, and the mid-boss, Antanov. We'll learn more about these characters in the coming days. Note that the "final boss" hasn't been revealed yet. The official teams are as follows:
    Japan Team: Kyo Kusanagi, Benimaru Nikaido, Goro Daimon

Fatal Fury Team: Terry Bogard, Joe higasi, Andy Bogard

Art of Fighting Team: Ryo Sakazaki, Robert Garcia, Yuri Sakazaki

Yagami Team: Iori Yagami, Vice, Mature

K' Team: K', Kula Diamond, Maxima

Mexico Team: Ramon, Angel, King of Dinosaurs

Kim Team: Kim Kaphwan, Gang-Il, Luong

Women Fighters Team: King, Mai Shiranui, Alice

Psycho Soldier Team: Athena Asamiya, Sie Kensou, Chin Gentsai (?)

Ikari Team: Ralph Jones, Clark Still, Leona Heidern

South Town Team: Geese Howard, Billy Kane, Hein

South America Team: Nelson, Zarina, Bandeiras

Another World Team: Nakoruru, Mui Mui, Love Heart

Villains Team: Xanadu, Chang Koehan, Choi Bounge

China Team: Shun'ei, Tung Fu Rue, Meitenkun

Official Invitation Team: Sylvie, Kukri, Mian

[UPDATE] SNK Playmore released a second "Characters Trailer" which provides additional footage of Nakoruru and newcomer, Shun'ei, who is said to have a prominent role in KOF XIV's story. In the form of a third trailer, SNK also announced the first DLC costume for KOF 14, "Classic" Kyo Kusanagi which will be "day 1 bonus content".
    Hidden:

Finally, SNK Playmore's official KOF XIV website is now live and features quite a lot of content. Some noteworthy areas include: Character Command Lists, Special Game Features and a Pre-order & Bonusus page. Also check out the KOF XIV's official key artwork !
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

If I wasn't sold before, I am now. Game looks sick, I don't think anyone can even complain about the graphics anymore.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information