+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Golden Kamuy

Default Re: Golden Kamuy

I love this manga but the CGI bear just outright killed the anime.

Second episode is a bit better, I was worried about the pacing but it seems they managed to fit 5 chapters in one episode without sacrificing too much. Iīm dissapointed at the facial expressions, however. Theyīre terrible. I donīt think they even attempted to adapt them

CG bears, lame facial expresions, whatīs next? A skinny hairless Tanigaki? A tsurumi without flamboyant body language? I donīt want to think about it...

Quote Originally Posted by DestinyDogma View Post
    CG bears, lame facial expresions, whatīs next? A skinny hairless Tanigaki? A tsurumi without flamboyant body language? I donīt want to think about it...
    Or imagine them actually cutting all those... manly... scenes!

This seems like a Tokyo Ghoul situation. The source material is clearly very well written, but the anime is kind of average.

The animation is kind of stiff and art sort of average, same goes for the direction. But it's also not horrible. I like Tokyo Ghoul's anime because I think it has good writing and some inspired decisions behind it. I'd agree it's worse than the manga, but I still like it.

I get the same feeling out of Golden Kamuy. Cause the writing is really confident and really gives you the impression the writer has everything planned out. Again, I love the contrast between Sugimoto's war background and Asripa's connection to nature and how similar and how different they are. Such a good time period chosen for this type of story, too.

A lot of effort and thought clearly went into researching this and then putting it together into the story. I want to see the endpoint just because of the confidence these first two episodes give off in terms of storytelling.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/255009/1
    Koito has found his true calling.

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

This chapter was friggin hilarious. I wouldn't mind seeing Koito do stuff like this for the rest of the series. Let's see what Sugimoto can pull off with the Harasho in the end
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn. (Socrates (Σωκράτης) method to enlighten people, ca. 500 BC)

Sometimes I feel bad for Tsukishima, but its hilarous seeing how done with everything he is. Its like the "Have you seen this girl" joke, it never gets old.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/266491/1
    Koito vs Sugimoto, the showdown of the century.

Man, this story is wild. A wolf crippled a dude and now he wants revenge, a bear ripped some soldiers a new one and a dude bit off another dudes finger. All in one episode.

They didnt show the Face-off tho
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    I want everyone to note, in about ten minutes of time, a Bosnian, a Saudi Arabian, an American, and a Brazilian all sat around millions of miles away from eachother discussing rubber pirate comic books from Japan.

You've all had your 21st Century moment for the day, carry one.

Technically they did. They showed the face hanging off his skull, just didn't show the skull without the face like in the manga.
    Let the beat build bitch

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-award/.130796
    Award winning series. Finally it's due.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://mangadex.org/chapter/286859/1
    Sugimoto has one hell of a performance to beat.

I want to believe too big guy
    3ds code friend:0404-6254-1866
    new "new"3ds code friend:0791-4253-7110 (monster hunter)

Which love is stronger: Asirpa for eating brains or Koito for Tsurumi?

I bet Tsugimoto will win over Koito

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

What the hell is about to happen now? Damn, Koito, you are one crazy bastard...
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn. (Socrates (Σωκράτης) method to enlighten people, ca. 500 BC)

I figured this placeīd get more activity with the anime.

My opinion about it so far is so-so, but my sister, who refuses to read manga, seems to be enjoying it so far, so thatīs good. I try not to show my dissapointment with the way certain things are handled, but itīs... challenging at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Skadi View Post
    I figured this placeīd get more activity with the anime.

My opinion about it so far is so-so, but my sister, who refuses to read manga, seems to be enjoying it so far, so thatīs good. I try not to show my dissapointment with the way certain things are handled, but itīs... challenging at times.
    The anime is not bad, alright not that bad, it's getting better, it started doing Asirpa reaction faces on the las episode, is the CGI that is a mess. The voices, I think are pretty spot on. Could be better on a bigger studio, maybe but is far from a seinen clusterfuck adaptation cough* Terra Formars* cough. About bringing more people, i don't know, the people that like the series probably are watching but is pointless to backtrack discussion on thing we already know, and I think that the series being made by a lesser studio do turn off people that never read the manga.

Seems most people is low key enjoying how out of place the CGI bear is, Iīve seen more memes and jokes than complains about it. I understand the issues with the budget and whatnot

However I AM worried by the pace. Not so much yet, but at first I thought weīd reach a season 2 of Henmi at best, and now I believe it will actually be completely covered, and maybe get a teaser of Ienaga.

As for the voices, I like them OK. I was dissapointed the twins didnīt sound like Lemongrab, but I think the VA did a nice work with them

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information