+ Reply to Thread
Page 225 of 256 FirstFirst ... 125 175 215 223 224 225 226 227 235 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,500 of 5106

Thread: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Like "oh is that all?"
    Which is why that isn't necessarily just what it is.

I highly doubt there's a 'Will of D' and it's simply having two abilities.

It's the people who had such an ability *and what they did with such power*.

Consider fruitless individuals like Zoro who don't have a fruit ability but excel at not only Haki but feats of physical strength.

Now consider individuals like Zoro who are given a fruit ability *that they master* to the point of Awakening. I would argue that a character like Doflamingo is in this category. Now consider the influence, power and pull he had in the world (some of it due to circumstance).

***NOW*** consider individuals like Doflamingo who are given *ANOTHER* fruit ability which they may also master and then Awaken.

The amount of power they would wield is on the level of possibly being able to change history. That's also the scale that BB may be on right now.

So having two fruits isn't simply an 'is that all?' answer to the mystery of D. If that's what it was, those individuals must have had *remarkable* control of world affairs which could have swayed both good and evil. Because it denotes multiple abilities, it doesn't mean the history of those people is any less complicated or meaningful. In fact, if anything, it makes it even more so.

Can’t Red Hawk just be an accelerated hardened rubber punch ? Why does it have to be something so complicated ?
    It sure can! And I wouldn't be surprised if it is.

...But it's also highly suspicious that Luffy made a burning ability *underwater* and that Oda has not commented on this ability to any end.

I'm still wondering who that bone spitter guy is, his silhoutte looked a lot like VegaPunk, but after the last chapter it's clear that it's not him (though that would have been mindblowing if it was because they were just talking about him at reivere)

would love it if it's one of the space aliens

Hey Greg, Was wondering about your thoughts on a theory brought up in the Piece Together of the latest podcast episode.

Someone brought up a theory on Conqueror's Haki. To sum it up, it explains that the reason Conqueror's Haki knocks people out is by someone with a stronger willpower or spirit draining a weaker willed person's energy. They pointed out that both in Luffy's fights against Big Mom and Kaido, Luffy seemed to be weakened very easily.

While they didn't speficy the exact moment with Big Mom, my mind instantly went to the wedding when Luffy wanted to get "just one hit" on Big Mom. He went into Gear 4th, got one blow in, and instantly deflated afterward and exclaimed how tired he was. I know at the time the chapter came out, many on the forum here theorized that possibly Big Mom's fruit allowed her to absorb energy, and of course there is the simply possibility that Luffy was tired after the day and a half of fighting on Whole Cake. But it certainly stood out to me that Oda specifically showed Luffy in this hyped up mood about fighting Big Mom, only to instantly become exhausted.

And then with Kaido, Luffy went down in a single blow. Now this doesn't outright prove anything with the Haki situation, but in the context of knowing Luffy will eventually have to stand up to the likes of Kaido at the end of the arc, the solution could be Luffy improving his Conqueror's Haki ability. The person that submitted the Piece Together pointed out that in Dressrosa, we saw Luffy's evolution with Armament Haki in the form of Gear 4th, and in Whole Cake with his Observation Haki. So continuing this trend, Wano would be where he shows his potential with Conqueror's Haki by being able to similarly drain/exhaust Kaido's power in their rematch.

I'm inclined to believe this, especially given right after he was defeated by Kaido, a point was made to show Luffy's Conqueror's Haki.

So I was wondering on your thoughts on this whole thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Never understood or liked red hawk, now it makes more sense, I like the theory.

Also, gods’ natural enemies must have been referring to some natural ability they had, so everything’s more clear than ever.
    "I'm simply an accident. Why take it all so seriously?"

To me, the problem with 'Will of D' being specifically connected with multiple DF makes it those 'D's with one fruit or no fruit a
    'lesser' bunch. And since 'in memories' no person with two DF appeared in OP world until Teach, it needs quite a explaining how this so called 'will' passed down through generations without manifesting itself to it's basic premises.
    I fully believe all 'D's are somehow blood related, near or distant, but we don't even know whether all 'D's can inherits this 'will'( I assume they can theoretically). So 'D' being the signature of double DF holding capability and 'will'/connected 'wills' of these specifically able people are what this world need for the change - it may be possible, but not for my likings.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    To me, the problem with 'Will of D' being specifically connected with multiple DF makes it those 'D's with one fruit or no fruit a
    'lesser' bunch. And since 'in memories' no person with two DF appeared in OP world until Teach, it needs quite a explaining how this so called 'will' passed down through generations without manifesting itself to it's basic premises.
    I fully believe all 'D's are somehow blood related, near or distant, but we don't even know whether all 'D's can inherits this 'will'( I assume they can theoretically). So 'D' being the signature of double DF holding capability and 'will'/connected 'wills' of these specifically able people are what this world need for the change - it may be possible, but not for my likings.
    I also have a theory that people with the middle D in their name or the monky family are descendants of giant and if you’re thinking that Luffy is just normal size and that’s impossibeyou gotta look at the potential Clues the first one is the jaya storyline and you notice cricket and Norland and aside from the chestnut there is no Resemblance at all because of hundredsof years of generations apart the second is that it is possible to interbreed with other races. fishman with giants, like neptune and Otohime neptune is the size of a giant and Otohime is slighly larger than average human but the were able to have children slightly bigger than her.The same thing can be with giants and humans, if they have children who are a bit smaller than normal Giants and those children have children with humans than after (eight) hundreds of years it would be logical that the curren generation look like ordinary humans!
    Last edited by loner89; January 16th, 2019 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by loner89 View Post
    I also have a theory that people with the middle D in their name or the monky family are descendants of giant and if you’re thinking that Luffy is just normal size and that’s impossibeyou gotta look at the potential Clues the first one is the jaya storyline and you notice cricket and Norland and aside from the chestnut there is no Resemblance at all because of hundredsof years of generations apart the second is that it is possible to interbreed with other races. fishman with giants, like neptune and Otohime neptune is the size of a giant and Otohime is slighly larger than average human but the were able to have children slightly bigger than her.The same thing can be with giants and humans, if they have children who are a bit smaller than normal Giants and those children have children with humans than after (eight) hundreds of years it would be logical that the curren generation look like ordinary humans!
    Another Point is VanderDecken:
    The I. was human,
    The IX. is complete fishman after 8 Generations below the ocean.
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post
    Another Point is VanderDecken:
    The I. was human,
    The IX. is complete fishman after 8 Generations below the ocean.
    yeah, another example that i forgot to mention

Quote Originally Posted by loner89 View Post
    First it doesn't answer what 'D' stands for( which was the original discussion);secondly, being a giant is no big deal in OP world as Aokiji easily killed Saul( a giant D) and child Big Mom flipped a village head killing him in the process.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    First it doesn't answer what 'D' stands for( which was the original discussion);secondly, being a giant is no big deal in OP world as Aokiji easily killed Saul( a giant D) and child Big Mom flipped a village head killing him in the process.
    giants play a big role in the one piece story ,like the giant strawhat that could be from a giant! it's just a theory
    Last edited by loner89; January 16th, 2019 at 02:20 PM.

If the Will of D is related to devil fruits, I would put my money on the D standing for Devil. Simple, but effective.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    If the Will of D is related to devil fruits, I would put my money on the D standing for Devil. Simple, but effective.
    I also believe when Oda first conceived the idea of 'D', it was somewhat a simple one, but as the OP universe and the scopes of the story grew he changed his plan and by the time of the final revelation it will be quite elaborated(if not complicated) one.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    I really like this theory, also considering that in Law's flashback the Ds were described as "God's natural enemies"

Question Greg I know you think that Oda plans to have Kaidou defeated by Momo, Luffy, Marco and DogStorm, because they would represent the Monkey Phesant and the Dog..... but is there any chance that Aokiji might be the phesant or Katakuri the dog?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Question Greg I know you think that Oda plans to have Kaidou defeated by Momo, Luffy, Marco and DogStorm, because they would represent the Monkey Phesant and the Dog..... but is there any chance that Aokiji might be the phesant or Katakuri the dog?
    Dogstorm is reserved for Jack or let´s say it would be a huge narrative waste to not give them a rematch
    Someone else who can represent the dog has to step in, whether it´s Law, Katakuri or someone else

Greg, what is your take on how Oda is handling Sanji's character? Especially with him now having no problem with wearing the suit and all?

Quote Originally Posted by DemonX View Post
    Greg, what is your take on how Oda is handling Sanji's character? Especially with him now having no problem with wearing the suit and all?
    Greg has probably already read the next chapter and I imagine it illuminates more about this situation and Sanji.

Sanji! Suit!

So I assumed that Sanji even considering *touching* the suit after that scene on Sunny would have meant that any use of it called for some heavy-duty dealing with his family in terms of reconciliation, acceptance and coming to terms, on all sides.

But no, Oda surprises by bringing it out here.

So am I upset?

No.

Because he's using for a classic Sanji core aspect, to protect. And this time it's much *MUCH* bigger than his crew. Literally every moment since Luffy agreeing to help Law on PH led to this moment (that gear cut again) and ONLY Sanji can stand up at this point to accomplish the task *precisely how* it needs to be accomplished.

Now....if Oda makes it a total gag that the suit doesn't protect his identity....uhhhh that would be upsetting.

But if this works how he wants it to? I'm totally cool with that.

Zoro is the spear and Sanji is the shield.

That's pretty much how it's always been.

If you ever liked Sanji, you might not have known it, but that's an aspect of him you liked. It doesn't mean he must always succeed at being the shield. Zoro hasn't always succeeded at being the sword, but that's what they are.

So his decision to utilize that tech which he knows is a bastardization of all he stands for, in order to protect this MASSIVE plan is another classic shield move made in desperation but also one which I personally believe he doesn't expect to get around. This is Wano after all, I don't think he believes the fact of his using this technology will spread beyond the borders of Wano.

And unfortunately for him (but fortunately for us) THAT will probably not end well for him.

It's Japan.

He's a super sentai.

There are already nightly do-gooders.

He ***ALREADY*** has the Flash Thompson-style 'We hate you Sanji!' feeling from the common folk thanks to the destruction.

Come on, he's setting him up for 'Mysterious Hero' status ^O^

I agree that it concurs with Sanji's general disposition to protect. But what's baffling was his ready decision.I think plenty of long time readers have already assumed that Sanji gonna use that suit at some point, but expected a dilemma,some inner turmoils from him before he really came to term with the necessity of it.

Yup!

That's me!

But I also accept that because of the weight of this situation, for Sanji to say, "Hey, this is a core rule that I'll bend if no one can find out about it."

Some might say he's breaking it but from his perspective, it's only breaking it if people find out it's him using it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information