+ Reply to Thread
Page 233 of 264 FirstFirst ... 133 183 223 231 232 233 234 235 243 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,660 of 5272

Thread: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Sure, though i would reckon the name Raftel is not even that commonly known as aeum made it out to be.
    I mean how often have we heard the name actually?
    I obviously remember Crocus talking about it, Kureha might know of it considering she knows the will of D, it was mentioned in Shabondy and Zou but other than that? No implication that itīs a wide spread name that everyone knows.

And the times we have heard the name, well itīs obvious how they know it, they traveled there after all, or have read Poneglyphs (Ohara).

given that panel:

i would believe it is pretty well known

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    given that panel:
    https://s2.mangadex.org/data/7c1cf7d...fa0bf2c/x5.png
    i would believe it is pretty well known
    Yeah, since the Strawhats are representative of the general populace.
    Itīs not like they got premium information from two guys who actually traveled there, have the only person in the world that can read poneglyphs
    Cīmon...

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Yeah, since the Strawhats are representative of the general populace.
    Itīs not like they got premium information from two guys who actually traveled there, have the only person in the world that can read poneglyphs
    Cīmon...
    the important thing is that luffy knows about raftel
    c'mon, if he knows, everybody does too

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    the important thing is that luffy knows about raftel
    c'mon, if he knows, everybody does too
    Yeah because Crocus told them. And Luffy remembers things he deems important

Greg what's your opinion on Kaido's color scheme ? Seiryu fruit confirmed ?

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    1. How did common people came to know of it's existence as final island if nobody since the formation of WG visited it until Roger did?
    They know a secret island exist because they have megastones that speak of it. Same way they know about those ancient nuclear weapons.There's also old societies like the drawfs or the samourais.

The place doesn't seem to be a secret just what's in there. Also we don't know if raftel is it's orginal name or one they gave to the mystical place like we we have Atlantis or El dorado.

2. Why visiting it made Roger Pirate King? Yes, he reached a place where nobody managed to do in memory, but that hardly warrant such a title.Treasure? How did people know there could be such thing? Roger only talked about treasure categorically ( in the manga) during his execution.
    He was the among the strongest pirates and he made the trip no one else could. So he was as good as any of them and much impossible accomplishments which made him king.
    3. What was the proof that he did reach there? There was nobody to verify it. So why folks believed him and his fame grew over the world?
    Well none of the old generations seems like the pretender type and Roger already had a reputation so I think they would take him at his word.

But he also had to collect the 4 maps and have someone that can read it so as long as they knew both (the maps were owned by other big names and Oden was from Whitebeard's crew) his peers would know there's a decent chance he accomplished the impossible and if they know and believe him then it's done.

They probably heard he had all he needed and was going for the finish line, he disappeared a couple weeks and then when he showed back up he claimed he did it and his peers believed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    Greg what's your opinion on Kaido's color scheme ? Seiryu fruit confirmed ?
    Then, what about Byakko, Suzaku and Genbu? Is there any theory you know about them?

I'd say Suzaku might be Shanks, Genbu might be Blackbeard, but I'm not very convinced about Big Mom being Byakko.

What I want to know is who the hell was the Captain of the Rocks Pirates?

To have Big Mom, Kaido, White Beard, Shakky and Bakkin all as subordinates he/she must have been some complete bad ass

I wonder if that's the lurking legend that Oda told us about, I mean Garp beat him but they also let out lots of level 6 prisoners.... Who knows

Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Any pirate who is interested in One Piece and entering the GL will learn about Raftel by Crocus (if he isn't medically treating Laboon from the inside atm).
    As Laboon's caretaker at the twin cape, Crocus also happens to be your "tour-guide" to Raftel in Terms of info.
    actual sized Queen-GIF: https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

Another question rattling my brain (outside of who the hell the Rox Pirate captain could have been) is how the hell will they reintroduce Crocodile to the series? I mean, he definitely has a past that needs to be explained, that's probably sympathetic..... but does that mean he'd become an ally? I mean how are you gonna reintroduce the guy who was are first big evil build up villain and then show his sad backstory? I have no idea how Oda is gonna portray him

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Another question rattling my brain (outside of who the hell the Rox Pirate captain could have been) is how the hell will they reintroduce Crocodile to the series? I mean, he definitely has a past that needs to be explained, that's probably sympathetic..... but does that mean he'd become an ally? I mean how are you gonna reintroduce the guy who was are first big evil build up villain and then show his sad backstory? I have no idea how Oda is gonna portray him
    You don't have to have an indepth super long flashback to show a character's backstory. Oda's done lots of quick smash cut flashbacks of less than a chapter and they've been fine.

We probably know the broad strokes of Croc's backstory anyway. She was a tough girl inspired by Roger's death. Wanted to be pirate king herself, saw Whitebeard as the next credible one, challenged him, and lost. (That may be when the scar came in.) Just couldn't do it under her own power. went to Ivonokov to become a strong man... but that still wasn't enough for the new world... so began plotting how to get to the top through trickery and ancient weapons rather than just sheerly by her own power.

Little details like growing up on the street, the exact order of events, and so on, we don't know, but the broad strokes are maybe there.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    You don't have to have an indepth super long flashback to show a character's backstory. Oda's done lots of quick smash cut flashbacks of less than a chapter and they've been fine.

We probably know the broad strokes of Croc's backstory anyway. She was a tough girl inspired by Roger's death. Wanted to be pirate king herself, saw Whitebeard as the next credible one, challenged him, and lost. (That may be when the scar came in.) Just couldn't do it under her own power. went to Ivonokov to become a strong man... but that still wasn't enough for the new world... so began plotting how to get to the top through trickery and ancient weapons rather than just sheerly by her own power.

Little details like growing up on the street, the exact order of events, and so on, we don't know, but the broad strokes are maybe there.
    Imagine if the "weakness" Iva mentioned that was supposedly allowing them to keep Croc in check was something as idiotic and even problematic as "he used to be a girl lol!" though

Quote Originally Posted by Shergal View Post
    Imagine if the "weakness" Iva mentioned that was supposedly allowing them to keep Croc in check was something as idiotic and even problematic as "he used to be a girl lol!" though
    I imagine this forum and reddit would be in an uproar and most folks in Japan wouldn't care at all.

I mean, leaving that aspect aside; would it feel good in the context of Croc's character that he would be so serious about that stuff to the point that Iva could claim to "take him out" by just disclosing the info or whatever? What, they're gonna laugh at him? Big deal. So even disregarding the meta reasons that make me think it'd be bad, there should be something more to it

I mean, leaving that aspect aside; would it feel good in the context of Croc's character that he would be so serious about that stuff to the point that Iva could claim to "take him out" by just disclosing the info or whatever? What, they're gonna laugh at him? Big deal. So even disregarding the meta reasons that make me think it'd be bad, there should be something more to it
    Yeah, i've personally never liked the idea of that being his weakness, but it seems to be the obvious answer. I generally expect an Oda swerve though, so I hope it's something different or the reason for Croc originally being a women being his weakness is for an interesting reason.

Well... yeah. That's exactly the kind of thing Croc would want to keep secret and it would ruin his image, and its exactly the thing inside Iva's wheelhouse. And its exactly the sort of surprise reveal Oda would relish keeping in his pocket for 20 years that would surprise and twist everything.

Go back and look at the episode 0 image of Croc (seen from the back suspiciously) and the picture from childhood, they're both feminine tomboy looking. Now, the shot fromt he back may just be to hide the scar or lack therof, same as Shanks, but...

Several of those are really loaded with backstory details.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Well... yeah. That's exactly the kind of thing Croc would want to keep secret and it would ruin his image, and its exactly the thing inside Iva's wheelhouse. And its exactly the sort of surprise reveal Oda would relish keeping in his pocket for 20 years that would surprise and twist everything.

Go back and look at the episode 0 image of Croc (seen from the back suspiciously) and the picture from childhood, they're both feminine tomboy looking. Now, the shot fromt he back may just be to hide the scar or lack therof, same as Shanks, but...

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2..._Children.webp

Several of those are really loaded with backstory details.
    Yeah, I know the theory, and I wouldn't put it past Oda, but... would it feel good for that to be it? Imagine the scenario: Croc suddenly turning on them, about to kill Inazuma or 2 or even drain Luffy's water, or anything, and Iva going "did you know HE WAS A GIRL?!?!?" as if that's something that would unironically stop him in his tracks. The whole context where this exchange happened wasn't really gag-like either. I'm not even opposed to the whole genderbend thing, but if that was all there was to it then it would be pretty meh.

Well sure, in the context of the war and the stakes involved that would have been a bad time for such a reveal.... and that's why it wasn't revealed then.

Iva wasn't saying "I have a specific kryptonite that will stop you cold", everyone in the group already knew his water weakness, (and anyone on the field that knew haki,) so it wasn't a weakness threat, that's redundant. Heck, Croc tried to attack Whitebeard when they first arrived at the war and Luffy stopped him cold, even without water. Physically they were all capable of stopping him, so its not a physical threat, it was a blackmail to keep him in line. "Don't cross us or else this embarrassing thing comes out" made as a threat in advance is more potent than if the same threat was made mid battle. (But yes, yelling that out loud would absolutely stop Croc in his tracks for a least a moment and make him lose composure.)

It being a secret that only Iva knows narrows it down a lot. Either it has someting to do with their history, or something to do with Iva's unique power set. And that power set just happens to be...

Also, OP at its heart is a fun series. It's absolutely willing to have someone stopped cold for the sake of a gag, even during a dramatic moment. Is it dramatic for Nami to steal Buggy's torso? Is it dramatic for Enel to have his eyes pop out when he discovers Luffy is rubber? Zoro wielding Usopp like a sword or then fighting a giraffe guy that turns into a cube? Beating Perona with a giant inflatable hammer? Beating SUgar with a scary picture of Usopp's face? Series is loaded with stuff that breaks up life threatening situations with a gag or a character flaw.

That would certainly not help the "Oda is sexist" trend. Already last volume SBS have raised the issue again.

See, even as part of the "Oda is sexist" crowd, I'm in support of transCroc and (depending on how exactly it was revealed and handled) don't think it would be anything problematic. And I think it is the best and most obvious option for the details we have about Crocodile so far. Even outside of concerns about image and the patriarchal world the story takes place in, it makes sense as blackmail material because revealing something like that would be unfathomably rude and damaging for a trans person, especially one who is passing flawlessly as/physically transissioned to their preferred gender. Yes, it wouldn't physically stop him from betraying anyone and would be impractical to just call out to the group if he started, but you have to consider what a deep personal blow that would be. It doesn't have to be a perfectly rational threat for that exact reason.

(And we can perhaps infer a further threat: "I know, and I can change you back." We've seen Ivan use gender changes as a punishment already, and I can only imagine it would be twice as bad on someone who had already experienced the pain and dysphoria of living in the wrong body and had thought they'd escaped it for good.)

At this stage Crocodile doesn't trip over any unfortunate sterotypes and isn't shown being any weaker than the rest of the cast because of his inferred trans-ness. He has plenty of history and personality to define him even without any kind of canon reveal, so it doesn't overwhelm his character as a trait. Oda's queer characters tend to be pretty loud and proud, like Ivan and his people, so I think it would be a good way to vary things to have Crocodile in there as a more low key trans representative. I'm for it, and I think it would be a positive addition to the series.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information