+ Reply to Thread
Page 243 of 269 FirstFirst ... 143 193 233 241 242 243 244 245 253 ... LastLast
Results 4,841 to 4,860 of 5366

Thread: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post
    BTW, what is the CP-0-buttpull?
    Oda had already established all the CP branches... and CP9 was the *secret assassin* branch that no one knew about it.

He wanted to keep that group around, and needed to escalate it in power, but he couldn't very well say "There's a secret secret CP-10 branch of even more assassiney assassins" because that's silly.

So he went "There's also a CP-0 branch. People totally know about that, it's not secret. Its just uh, super special. They're the actual strong branch and they work for the world nobles directly."

Bleach actually did the same thing when one of its numbered badguys who was ranked 10 removed the 1 to showcase he was actually the strongest, and it was silly then too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupas2312 View Post

But different. I think this because of the purple and supernatural/demonic aura or mist of the Florian/Magic Triangle. It's not like Zous mist, plus it seems stationary.
    What the anime did is not what the manga did.

Also, time of day, location, and quantity effects lighting and colors, especially with stuff like mist and water.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Oda had already established all the CP branches... and CP9 was the *secret assassin* branch that no one knew about it.
    He wanted to keep that group around, and needed to escalate it in power, but he couldn't very well say "There's a secret secret CP-10 branch of even more assassiney assassins" because that's silly.
    So he went "There's also a CP-0 branch. People totally know about that, it's not secret. Its just uh, super special. They're the actual strong branch and they work for the world nobles directly."
    Bleach actually did the same thing when one of its numbered badguys who was ranked 10 removed the 1 to showcase he was actually the strongest, and it was silly then too.

(...)
    Ok, i already thought sth like that was meant by that. TBH I thought there had to be some Bodyguards protecting the gorousei, but I wouldn't have expected another CP. Especially after the "if a CD gets hurt, he can call an Admiral"-Thing. But the butt-pull INSIDE the butt-pull was Lucci being in some Kind of Charge and above Spandam although the latter and his dad tried a lot to get rid of him.

The Florian triangle Monster can be 3 zou-legs, but one of those legs has either 2 eyes or a surface piercing with 2 shiny reflections.
    actual sized Queen-GIF (alternative colours): https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

See, I would have just called them simply AEGIS. Fills the role but with no Cipher Pol ties.

The Florian triangle Monster can be 3 zou-legs, but one of those legs has either 2 eyes or a surface piercing with 2 shiny reflections.
    Last panel isn't neccessarily showing one of those 3 shadows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Last panel isn't neccessarily showing one of those 3 shadows.
    Yeah, could be. Could also be 3 different "creatures". And whatever it is, it made ships disappear Long before the TB was cruisin around there.

Another Topic:
    Koushiro (Zoro's teacher) and Kyoshiro: could there be a Connection between those 2, or is that a "Connection" like Momonosuke and Franosuke?
    As a non-Japanese-Speaker I honestly don't know.

About the gorousei and their lack of "diversity of opinions", you gotta think:
    They are really Long in Charge now (I know, Im is above them, but officially they run the WG).
    If they had argued a lot or too much, they probably wouldn't have prevailed for so much time.
    Blondie's scar and the other's scar (the one with the locks) maybe Show that they only fought once each other.
    I guess sharing the same opinion is what made them so successful in ruling over the world for such a Long period of time.
    I know, those scars could also be from the time where they were fighting the WG's enemy, but the thought is funny, that they maybe only fought once and only each other.
    Last edited by Roronoa Zacho; April 19th, 2019 at 01:00 AM.
    actual sized Queen-GIF (alternative colours): https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    You're assuming that the camera is static. Assume instead that the first panel is legs, and then the second panel is a camera zoom upwards to the head.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

But when you look at the shadowy figure, there appears to be a base at the bottom, plus the "eyes" panel places its head at the surface. I'm sure the elephants can submerge, but that's an odd way to portray one if the legs are keeping him high up above surface level just a panel before.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

Not like Oda is always 100% consistent with his designs.

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    But when you look at the shadowy figure, there appears to be a base at the bottom, plus the "eyes" panel places its head at the surface. I'm sure the elephants can submerge, but that's an odd way to portray one if the legs are keeping him high up above surface level just a panel before.
    Assume the camera has gone down real low so the water is in the edge of the frame, and it's looking up. And that doing so is the only way to fit the whole thing in the shot.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Not like Oda is always 100% consistent with his designs.
    For example, two silhouettes of Kanjuro that looked totally different from eachother….then both totally different then his real look. XD

Assume the camera has gone down real low so the water is in the edge of the frame, and it's looking up. And that doing so is the only way to fit the whole thing in the shot.
    Sure, but this would only work if your head is barely poking out of the water, you're looking up toward the elephant's face, and you're at the bottom of a wave crest with a huge swell right in front of you. Even more believable if it's a baby elephant doing a polite little bow. I get what you're saying, it's just such a stretch that I doubt it's at all what was intended.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

And now with that comment I've thinking how these long-ass-legs elephants breed.

Not only the humping portion of the equation, that I guess is akward but doable, except for the crushed or tilted cities on their backs, but they have to live in deep water to be able to surface, there is no room for a mother to carry the required leg lenght (even in just mass, asuming noodle limbs before birth) in her womb.

So.. is very likely that the long-ass-legs elephants have to abandon their young in order to survive. Or maybe they swim a lot during the first few years of life.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Woah there, if we're gonna talk babies, I want some answers about Big Mom first!

Maybe elephants lived on an island first, or at least nursed their young ones there. They living in sea might just be a result of a cataclysm, or some monster like Oars hunting them out, for example.
    Last edited by Razh; April 20th, 2019 at 08:28 AM.

Yeah, that's a more likely explanation. They were regular elephants, and after whatever counted as Zou's crime, they grew.

Big Mom's case is weird but.. THAT weird, it is certainly not a pleasure experience for most of those involved.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

She doesn't have giant kids so I don't think it's that complicated. You just have to shoot inside. If anything she has a bigger target.

Otahime giving birth to Cryhoshi now that's a mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    Sure, but this would only work if your head is barely poking out of the water, you're looking up toward the elephant's face, and you're at the bottom of a wave crest with a huge swell right in front of you. Even more believable if it's a baby elephant doing a polite little bow. I get what you're saying, it's just such a stretch that I doubt it's at all what was intended.
    First panel is as Robby described.

Second with eyes is *very* far away head on. So far away that the creature is appearing on the horizon.

It works.

That might totally not be what it is, but it works perfectly as described.

Greg are you still holding on to the theory that the final fight with Kaido will be a team up with Momo, Luffy, Marco, and dog storm? Even now that Marco said he's not going to join? Who do you think Law and Kidd will fight? Is there any chance they'll team up with Luffy as a callback to Sabody where they all teamed up?

is Yasu based on someone in Japanese folklore?

Greg are you still holding on to the theory that the final fight with Kaido will be a team up with Momo, Luffy, Marco, and dog storm? Even now that Marco said he's not going to join? Who do you think Law and Kidd will fight? Is there any chance they'll team up with Luffy as a callback to Sabody where they all teamed up?
    Team-up, absolutely. I mean, not even a question at this point. The story *is* Momotarou.

As for the members, that can easily change but counting Marco out is perhaps a bit too hasty. He started that conversation as if he wasn't going but:

1. We don't know how that conversation ended.
    2. Even if we did, with Weevil searching for him, the situation may have changed dramatically while we've been away.

That's not to say I'm willing to die on a hill that includes Marco ^o^ I just think it's possible that he could be there.

As for Law and Kidd, I don't even think it's worth thinking about X vs Y for them. I mean....I HOPE it is, but I've given up on Oda doing that for much of the crew let alone the tertiary characters. As far as them teaming up, it's all relative at this point. What does teaming up even mean, right? They all have the same goal. So if they're fighting in the same area does that count? If so, yes, I totally do!

Re: Yasu, I wrote a column on how he's based on hyottoko masks.

There is also the fact that this is a flexible timeline, but as Cat Viper hasn't arrived yet, then is unlikelly for Marco to arrive as well.

But then again, Mom got there before Jimbe.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information