+ Reply to Thread
Page 297 of 299 FirstFirst ... 197 247 287 295 296 297 298 299 LastLast
Results 5,921 to 5,940 of 5975

Thread: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Sounds like Kubo 4th level secret.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Sounds like Kubo 4th level secret.
    What is that secret?

Quote Originally Posted by imperioonepiece View Post
    What is that secret?
    Kenpachi actually makes himself weaker or stronger depending on the opponent so he always has a good fight.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    They need not to be that ancient. Out of 800 years since the formtion of WG, we mostly got the stories of past 40 years. Noland and Brook's pirate crew being the exception.If the elders are CDs, then they could be ex-ministers/royal commanders of the past.If they are commoners,they could be fleet admirals/Royal guards of bygone eras, now forgotten.Though I fully agree with Greg that they were perhaps quite badass in their times.
    But at that point, if you're gonna make them immortal, why not from 800 years ago? Like what does the story gain from these wise council-type people who are clued in to the secret of the world and apparently are the direct retainers of its 'god', not being part of the main past event that frames the current world? I also think the absurdly strict hierarchy the OP world presents, where if you're not a CD you're literally subhuman in their eyes, makes it awkward to introduce the elders as commoners that rose through the ranks up to the point of becoming the leaders of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Kenpachi actually makes himself weaker or stronger depending on the opponent so he always has a good fight.
    I see, thanks for the info.

Well, that has always been the case with battle shonen, a protagonist always improving and ever stronger enemies.

Well, that has always been the case with battle shonen, a protagonist always improving and ever stronger enemies.
    No your misunderstanding

He just magically becomes as strong as whoever he's fighting whether they are a weakling or insanely strong

and this BS ability was stated in some random fanmade book, and Kubo was basically like "Yeah of course that was the case all along, totally, no doubt about that "

even though nothing in the entire series supported it and it's completely innacuarte with everything written prior

seriously it's f***ing stupid

then again what do you expect from the guy who constantly forgets everything and anything about his own series

They don't usually make themselves*weaker* when facing someone else though in order to accommodate bad writing.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I see.

So if Kenpachi were Kaido, it's like Kaido getting as weak as Don Krieg if he ever were to fight him. Now I see why it sucks so much :/

Meh i always say the shonen hero is the worst person to judge a power level by. Whoever he is fighting he is only slightly better even when he should be dominating. Because he's used to make the opponent more appealing to the audience.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Meh i always say the shonen hero is the worst person to judge a power level by. Whoever he is fighting he is only slightly better even when he should be dominating. Because he's used to make the opponent more appealing to the audience.
    That's why OPM is so refreshing.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Greg how much do you think Oda will be involved with the live action series? The showrunner will be Matt Owens,but do you think Oda could even find some time to write some episodes and get a credit for it? Or even if he won't manage to find time to write some episodes script,will he give notes? And what will Owens do in that case? If there is something in which he and Oda are in disgareement,who would get the last word? I'm actually one of the few people that wants the live action series to be very,very different from the manga,because i dont want to watch something i already read and watched with the manga-anime. But i'm just curious about how all the creative process is working,and i wondered if you heard something about it and can actually tell us (a boy can dream).

While it'd be great to have that original creator input like Game of Thrones got, I think the language barrier would be a huge obstacle for Oda writing a script. It'd have to go through too much translation and presumably a bit of adaptation to get Oda's dialgue style to line up with the way people talk on a western tv show. Just given how far away he is from the whole production, I doubt Oda will be much more than a fairly hands-off consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    While it'd be great to have that original creator input like Game of Thrones got, I think the language barrier would be a huge obstacle for Oda writing a script. It'd have to go through too much translation and presumably a bit of adaptation to get Oda's dialgue style to line up with the way people talk on a western tv show. Just given how far away he is from the whole production, I doubt Oda will be much more than a fairly hands-off consultant.
    Thats probably for the best in my opinion

I strongly believe there's room for optimism with respect to that topic.

Any general idea of how long it'll take to have a trailer or teaser for the live action?
    Right now I have no idea if it'll take a few months or several years.

The same production company is handling Cowboy Bebop so it may follow a similar model. That is to say you may see a 'now in production' tease relatively early in the process.

Sorry to re-post. From a couple pages back:

I want to ask you a question Greg. I re-read the entire series this past summer and noticed that the calendar year in One piece is placed in the 'Age of Kaien'. It's interesting, because calendars in stories often mark year 0 in the current epoch on the calendar based on a world changing event. In our world, for example, the birth of Christ was considered such a monumental event. It's interesting because the calendar year in One Piece is currently 1500 something. Noland sailed in the year 1100 something, which was 400 years before the current story. Joy Boy was said to have made a promise to the Mermaid Princess around the start of the Void Century, 900 years ago. Yet, the message to her was written on the Fishman Island Poneglyph stone. Given what we now know about their origins in Wano, it would seem likely that the apology was placed at the end of the void century. Meaning, the void century occurred between the years 600 - 700 in the Age of Kaien. The World Gov was founded around year 700. Zunesha has been walking for 1000 years, starting around the year 500. What's notable is that, in the world of One Piece, whatever event marks year 0 is considered so important, that even the birth of the World Government, ruled by people who consider themselves literal gods among men, was not significant enough to restart the dating system. They voided out 100 years of history and still didn't start history anew. You would think a missing century would be even easier to hide if the calendar year started with the birth of the Gov. If Zunesha is related in some way to Imu, it would make sense that Imu was alive even further back than the void century. Do you think there is any significance to the 'Age of Kaien' dating system? What could this word 'Kaien' signify? I think the fact that the dating system goes back before the void century and the fact that Zunesha’s origins, likely also a key piece of information, mean that whatever is happening in the One Piece world extends further back in history before the void century, as critical as that period of time is to establishing the current world order. Just wondering if you have any insight.
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

"ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

Quote Originally Posted by Vongola_Boss_XI View Post
    Sorry to re-post. From a couple pages back:

I want to ask you a question Greg. I re-read the entire series this past summer and noticed that the calendar year in One piece is placed in the 'Age of Kaien'. It's interesting, because calendars in stories often mark year 0 in the current epoch on the calendar based on a world changing event. In our world, for example, the birth of Christ was considered such a monumental event. It's interesting because the calendar year in One Piece is currently 1500 something. Noland sailed in the year 1100 something, which was 400 years before the current story. Joy Boy was said to have made a promise to the Mermaid Princess around the start of the Void Century, 900 years ago. Yet, the message to her was written on the Fishman Island Poneglyph stone. Given what we now know about their origins in Wano, it would seem likely that the apology was placed at the end of the void century. Meaning, the void century occurred between the years 600 - 700 in the Age of Kaien. The World Gov was founded around year 700. Zunesha has been walking for 1000 years, starting around the year 500. What's notable is that, in the world of One Piece, whatever event marks year 0 is considered so important, that even the birth of the World Government, ruled by people who consider themselves literal gods among men, was not significant enough to restart the dating system. They voided out 100 years of history and still didn't start history anew. You would think a missing century would be even easier to hide if the calendar year started with the birth of the Gov. If Zunesha is related in some way to Imu, it would make sense that Imu was alive even further back than the void century. Do you think there is any significance to the 'Age of Kaien' dating system? What could this word 'Kaien' signify? I think the fact that the dating system goes back before the void century and the fact that Zunesha’s origins, likely also a key piece of information, mean that whatever is happening in the One Piece world extends further back in history before the void century, as critical as that period of time is to establishing the current world order. Just wondering if you have any insight.
    Counterpoint: how do we know it's still the Age of Kaien? We don't even know if the World Government ever used that calendar at all, since we've never seen a date or time from their perspective, so it's possible that was a time measurement only used by Lvneel, or only in the North Blue.

If we do ever get the official year by the WG's reckoning I get the feeling it'll turn out to be reflective either of its founding or the end of the Void Century.

Is Oda Oden? Momo one piece (the manga) and hyori his actual daughters? 2 and 3 are just spitballing, but in how over the top that Oden is, seems like a parody of a badass. Like there is a joke around here that I’m not getting.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Is Oda Oden? Momo one piece (the manga) and hyori his actual daughters? 2 and 3 are just spitballing, but in how over the top that Oden is, seems like a parody of a badass. Like there is a joke around here that I’m not getting.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I've long wanted to make this post and, considering chapter 957, here it is: I have a memory from almost 10 years ago of casually reading in some on-line forum that Oda kind of lightly/accidentally revealed to a fan Shanks' full name, that being...
    Loggs D. Shanks

If you Google advance search - https://www.google.com/advanced_search - this exact phrasing, you can find 4 results from 2010 and '11; I'm from Italy and remember reading it in an Italian forum, but maybe that doesn't exist Anymore.
    I remember this, and yeah most of the info has vanished from the internet, since most discussions took place in forums that don't exist anymore. Apparently Oda said the name on a Jump convention in 2009 or 2010. There is no proof though.

That being said, if you google it in Japanese, you will find a lot more about it. There have been theories about it since then.

ロックズ・D・シャンクス = Locks D. Shanks
    モンキー・D・ルフィ = 門鍵・D・ルフィ = (translated) Gate Key D. Luffy
    ゴール・D・ロジャー = Goal D. Roger
    Copied from reddit, is the there any merit from this? Did Oda really casually drop out Shanks name as Loggs (Rocks) D Shanks years ago and the whole community forgot or missed it?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information