+ Reply to Thread
Page 298 of 312 FirstFirst ... 198 248 288 296 297 298 299 300 308 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,960 of 6234

Thread: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    Did Oda really casually drop out Shanks name as Loggs (Rocks) D Shanks years ago and the whole community forgot or missed it?
    Do you really think the community would forget anything, especially if it's something about someone like Shanks?

"There will be an answer, let it be."

I'd assume anything that the entire fandom forgot, about a major character, that conveniently no longer has any proof of its existence, should be taken as not actually true.

Hell, we're still harping on the "a former boss will join" quote and that was 12 years ago just prior to Impel Down! Not to mention "the next characters will join in rapid succession" which was clearly about the fleet and that was five years ago now.

The community is not going to have missed "oh btw, this is Shank's first name."
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Damn Robby, throwing those numbers out just like that, making me feel old.

First time I hear about anything like that. I figure I'd at least hear about it in these 15 or so years I've been devouring every piece of info available over various forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

True, its probably some japanese fan theory that got translated and then over time got confused with Odas translation...

However, I have noticed that there is still quotes and interviews that hasnt been translated into english, which is a shame, or maybe it was but it has been lost from the internet...

we are talking about it in Greg’s thread, if that interview had something relevant, or existed, he would know.

Also impel down can’t have been 10 years ago (math) oh, it is, summer 2009 was Amazon lily and first showing of Jimbe.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    we are talking about it in Greg’s thread, if that interview had something relevant, or existed, he would know.

Also impel down can’t have been 10 years ago (math) oh, it is, summer 2009 was Amazon lily and first showing of Jimbe.
    Impel Down arc started in 525, which was December 2008. Oda's boss quote was prior to that.

It was nearly 12 years ago. Maybe 11.5.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Copied from reddit, is the there any merit from this?
    No .

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Impel Down arc started in 525, which was December 2008. Oda's boss quote was prior to that.

It was nearly 12 years ago. Maybe 11.5.
    There is no way that I missremember a whole year of my life (checks stuff)

Yup, you are right. Good thing I’ve been working for 11 years suddenly.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Turns out that I’m mixing up the one day that I tried to edit a page, jimbe reciving the bat from the WG, with the day that I read luffy’s “counting my blessings” and averaging it with the actual Amazon lily timeframe.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    No .
    Just what someone covering their tracks would say.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    There is no way that I missremember a whole year of my life (checks stuff)

Yup, you are right. Good thing I’ve been working for 11 years suddenly.
    If it helps, people often forget to count the actual occurring first year, the 0, or the current year. 2008-2018 is 11 years, even though it *looks* like 10. Because we're trained to count 1-10, instead of 0-10, and if you subtract the numbers it comes out to be 10, but...

I remember when Dresserossa was going there was one guy *insisting* that it was exactly 100 chapters and refused to understand that chapter 700 *also* counted, no matter how much I explain 700-800 was 101 chapters. And then the arc went to 801 so it was 102 chapters anyway.

In this case it wasn’t that, I keep remembering some life archivements being near some
    Specific chapters, that were just lookalikes.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Those in charge of that live action show are probably reading and/or watching One Piece before they start doing anything. I would hope so at least. I have no proof, but I doubt those in charge were fans beforehand. Gut feeling, but whatever. Worst case scenario, they are wiki readers. If this is true, it's karma from when I used spark notes for 70% of HS.

Talked about it too many times, but...

- Do they change backstories for "it's an adaptation" purposes?
    - How much do they omit? Whole arcs? Personality traits? Around the world reactions and happenings?
    - Is it sequenced the same? For example, Nami could be introduced during Syrup Village or Baratie, the same way she was for Orange Town
    - How much of the story is changed?

I know what most start off with is "CGI and how it'll look", but before they even get there, what will the story be like. All the money in the world for a good looking One Piece live action series can't cover up a shitty adaptation. That Dragon Ball writer's comment always comes back to mind when I think of any live action adaptation for anime. I'm aware that the difference is Oda is involved, but many mangaka have been shown to be too generous in my opinion. From my point of view, they are vocal, but too kind and humble at times. Manga and anime are in a way better place today, but are still not respected that much in entertainment imo. Especially with so many cartoons trying to use the "anime" tag to market, while actual anime don't get the same marketing.

Those in charge should make AP forum or some other OP related community accounts, read OP and take their time. Even then that wouldn't be enough, but it's a great start.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Those in charge of that live action show are probably reading and/or watching One Piece before they start doing anything. I would hope so at least. I have no proof, but I doubt those in charge were fans beforehand. Gut feeling, but whatever. Worst case scenario, they are wiki readers. If this is true, it's karma from when I used spark notes for 70% of HS.

Talked about it too many times, but...

- Do they change backstories for "it's an adaptation" purposes?
    - How much do they omit? Whole arcs? Personality traits? Around the world reactions and happenings?
    - Is it sequenced the same? For example, Nami could be introduced during Syrup Village or Baratie, the same way she was for Orange Town
    - How much of the story is changed?

I know what most start off with is "CGI and how it'll look", but before they even get there, what will the story be like. All the money in the world for a good looking One Piece live action series can't cover up a shitty adaptation. That Dragon Ball writer's comment always comes back to mind when I think of any live action adaptation for anime. I'm aware that the difference is Oda is involved, but many mangaka have been shown to be too generous in my opinion. From my point of view, they are vocal, but too kind and humble at times. Manga and anime are in a way better place today, but are still not respected that much in entertainment imo. Especially with so many cartoons trying to use the "anime" tag to market, while actual anime don't get the same marketing.

Those in charge should make AP forum or some other OP related community accounts, read OP and take their time. Even then that wouldn't be enough, but it's a great start.
    If you are expecting the live action to follow the Manga story to a tee, you'll be sadly mistaken.

I'd be surprised if they follow much of it, aside from the basics

Quote Originally Posted by Z0R0 View Post
    If you are expecting the live action to follow the Manga story to a tee, you'll be sadly mistaken.

I'd be surprised if they follow much of it, aside from the basics
    I'd prefer they didn't follow to the tee. That wouldn't be a great adaptation. I'm more worried about certain aspects of the story being changed and more so, how it'll be changed. If Gaimon is cut out, I wouldn't go crazy. Or like when Nami is introduced, I wouldn't go crazy if it's later than she was in the manga. So many moving parts of the story can be altered and still be enjoyable.

Now that I think about it. A live action version of the Hungry Days collab wouldn't be horrible. Maybe the only slice of life that I can tolerate.

Matt Owens,the showrunner,said that he is a big fan of the series. He also went to the american premiere of One Piece Stampede recently.

On his eighteenth birthday, sailor and high school senior Monkey D. Luffy is given the strawhat by his stepfather, Shanks. Returning home from a party hosted by his crush Nami, Luffy finds his home destroyed and his stepfather near death after Blackbeard's failed attempt to acquire the One piece (alien technology). Before he dies, Shanks tells Luffy to seek out pirate legend Whitebeard, who holds another piece of the one piece treasure.

Unironically that sounds better than the main series Just needs michael bay
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Jawad5 View Post
    On his eighteenth birthday, sailor and high school senior Monkey D. Luffy is given the strawhat by his stepfather, Shanks. Returning home from a party hosted by his crush Nami, Luffy finds his home destroyed and his stepfather near death after Blackbeard's failed attempt to acquire the One piece (alien technology). Before he dies, Shanks tells Luffy to seek out pirate legend Whitebeard, who holds another piece of the one piece treasure.
    Is that Dragonball Evolution, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Greg, if Oda picks up Pokemon Sword and Shield which starter do you think he would go with?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Monkey D. View Post
    Greg, if Oda picks up Pokemon Sword and Shield which starter do you think he would go with?
    I peg Oda as a Scorbunny guy

mainly cause it reminds me of Luffy

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information