+ Reply to Thread
Page 300 of 300 FirstFirst ... 200 250 290 298 299 300
Results 5,981 to 5,994 of 5994

Thread: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Isn't this the former editor?

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Isn't this the former editor?
    Yeah he's the former editor of the manga, and currently he is the media editor of OP.

Lol can’t see it possibly ending in 5 years, and don’t they always say that, lol Oda thought the whole series itself would only last 5 years

I give it at least 10 more years

I'm starting to hate when they even comment on years remaining/% done/final arcs because it always derails the other tidbits and leads to like a week or two of bogus manga calculus to pinpoint when it's going to end, like every few months, and it always ends with a range of like a decade.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

To just cut and paste what I've said elsewhere.

I understand it was news when Oda gave a specific number but it's just... its not going to be that soon unless he really rushes the home stretch.

I thought 30 years (2027) ~1200 chapters was about right a few years ago, but the last two arcs length makes that seem way too short.

Had Big Mom been a silly little 6 month detour arc, we'd be on track to maybe finish in five years now. But it went for two years AND didn't finish any of it's plot threads, and now it looks like Wano (already a year in) is going to be at least two years itself, if not three.

Just for math's sake, 1 year=40 chapters
    Wano-1.5-2 years
    Elbaf-1 year
    Raftel-1 year
    Final war-3 years
    That's almost 300 chapters, before you throw in extra subplots (Shanks, Vegapunk, revos, flashbacks, island we've been given no advance warning of, etc) surprises, and that 120 ch. is VERY conservative for the BIG FINALE.

Obviously only Oda knows his plans. Maybe Elbaf and Raftel will be short 10 chapter adventures before launching into the final war, and that will stay tightly focused on the Strawhats... but none of those things sound like Oda's style.

Even something like the Strawhats vs. BB pirates... if all 10 (11?) crew members get extended 1 on 1 fights as Shonen Law dictates, even if they're just 2-3 chapters apiece, that's a solid year by itself. And the main Luffy/BB even being longer (ala Water 7) and well...
    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    and it always ends with a range of like a decade.
    I used to calculate it at 15! Once Wano is done I'll feel safer calling a shorter number than a decade, but... seven years is the bare minimum I can see at this point, and that's if Oda really rushes through some of it. No way its actually five unless something really crazy happens.

It never shrinks because Oda takes what we already knew and estimated around, and then makes that arc longer than any arc before it. Dresserossa taking two years was really unexpected, we kind of thought that would be a short stop and Doflamingo would carry over a couple small arcs instead. But...
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

As usual, I don't take these comments or at least what is being translated, seriously. I still stand by the thought that this Saga is an introduction to the lesser known Yonko (BM and Kaido) and after this, the pace slows down and the crew returns to conflicts and enemies that are more of their level(might be the incorrect term to use here). It's the Yonko Saga, so we're suppose to feel like there's not a lot left, but I don't think Oda can end it shortly after just formerly introducing them. I can't put a percentage or ending year on the series, as usual. Just think anything before 2024 makes no sense. Lastly, I doubt Wano ends in 2020.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

There is no way OP is finishing in 5 years, especially with Oda's pace. Even 10 seems unlikely.

If five years from now, in 2024, we've actually gotten to Raftel and started the final war, I can see Oda pushing himself and cutting corners a little bit to have it all end on the 30th anniversary in 2027. That's the earliest I can see it happening.

But my best, most honest guess right now is 2032, the 35th anniversary. The actual pace and movement of the story I think can finish well before that, 2029 or 2030... But if Oda gets into the home stretch of that milestone everyone involved will want to push it just a little bit further to give it that big number to advertise and celebrate. Even if he only gets it to January of that year and the previous year has to take even more breaks to slow it down.

I don't think OP has enough story and gas in it to go to 40 years, nor does Oda want it to (at least not the main story as we understand it) but 35 years and ~135 volumes sounds right, regardless of Oda wanting it to be done in less.
    Last edited by Robby; November 15th, 2019 at 01:05 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I think 2027 is the most probable date right now. In 8 years a lot of stuff can happen,and Naito words made clear that this Wano-Reverie arc will contain a lot of 'endgame material'. We can only imagine how much the OP world will change after the fall of two Yonkou and the fall of the Warlords system. Naito also hinted to the fact that the Strawhats will probably find out some pivotal things about the One Piece in this arc,so after this arc ends in,lets say,2 other years (so in 2021) we still got 6 years which will be the final arc. And yes Elbaf will be part of the final arc. Elbaf warriors are inspired by the vikings,Oda loves the vikings and always said they are his favourite type of pirates,so its not hard to imagine why he wants to include their stories in the final arc.

Quote Originally Posted by from the reddit thread linked earlier
    STAMPEDE SPOILERS (And it is Oda's decision to reveal [Raftel's] true name during One Piece : Stampede).
    Does this mean Raftel vs Laugh Tale is actually a thing rather than Oda changing romanizations around?

My best takeaway from that is that it comes across like Oda chewed him out over contradicting him before. Like bitch when i say 5 years i mean 5 years.

One of these days will be the true “5 years left”

Also, it might be on the 60th shonen jump anniversary, the anime aniversariy, strong world anniversary, any of the gigantic records anniversary, Marketing will pull out an aniversary out of its ass (annoversary?) if needed.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Greg I was wondering what you prefer, do you like arcs like Dressorsa and Wano where we have tons of side characters and allies to help the straw hats? Or are you looking forward to an arc that's more centered around just the straw hats, like they used to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Greg I was wondering what you prefer, do you like arcs like Dressorsa and Wano where we have tons of side characters and allies to help the straw hats? Or are you looking forward to an arc that's more centered around just the straw hats, like they used to be?
    I know you were asking Greg first, but I'm kinda bored so I'll comment. I think Wano is, by necessity, going to BECOME an arc with much heavier Straw Hat involvement than it has been. It kind of has to. You can't all of a sudden have these characters beating a Yonkou level crew (at the bare minimum) without major involvement in the arc, similar to how everyone needed to be involved in a big way for Crocodile to be defeated, multiple times too. They not only did their main fights that arc, they needed to help afterwards to stop the bomb etc.

Wano's just so freaking monstrous that, as it's been setting up its chess pieces, it seems like an arc that will stay focused on the side characters. I'm gonna go ahead and say nah. The Straw Hats will come to the forefront, because they have to heavily prove themselves this arc that they're a Yonkou level crew, and that they're very close to becoming a Pirate King crew. They don't have to have intrinsic motivation to prove that themselves, but in a 4th wall kind of way they do have to prove it to us, the readers. Though I do want to clarify I think we'll still see tons from the main side characters of Wano and the secondary side characters.

---

And on time estimates. I can see 7 years. I cannot see 5 without major rushing. I don't think even Oda himself could've predicted how long Whole Cake Island lasted after the tea party, and that is an arc with tooons of loose ends. An arc with way more plot threads that have to finish, a gigantic war, 2 Yonkou at least, another main villain that has to be defeated, character progression for most or all Straw Hats, guaranteed endgame revelations etc. is going to end in 1-2 years? I find it basically simply impossible, one big reason being that Oda shadowed Kawamatsu, 1 Scabbard, for like 20 chapters before letting us see him. God knows how long it'll be before he finally feels we've earned seeing Kaido defeated.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information