+ Reply to Thread
Page 461 of 463 FirstFirst ... 361 411 451 459 460 461 462 463 LastLast
Results 9,201 to 9,220 of 9260

Thread: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

I see, I apologize then. There’s been a lot of uproar and misinformation being spread, because everywhere I look people are saying fan art is wrongfully being taken down. I did hear about the Kanzenshu piece, and the way people have been talking about it made it seem a certain way. I didn’t know it was possibly traced... my fault for not paying close enough attention, but I also did say *if* and have tried to avoid saying things that would imply I know more than I do. Which is why almost the entirety of that post was questions. (Also my most recent post was in jest, and not at all trying to imply that’s actually what was happening)

Zero need for apologies.

When I'm asking for cases, I'm not being facetious. I really want to know if there are such cases bc I want to boost those voices and present them to Shueisha as evidence of why this is a poor execution.

But so far, in the vast world of fanart, three cases where two are possibly indistinguishable and one is *possibly* traced. And that possibly is emphasized bc I don't want it to sound accusatory.

But looking at the case, it doesn't seem to have had widespread reach. Many of the strikes did. Given the number of followers, the lack of reach, and the obvious difference in facial and other details, it doesn't sound like any human went willfully searching for that image, found it, and decided it was a good idea to strike it. This really only leaves the option that it was automated. If it was automated, why was it picked up? First, the black and white nature makes it very close to a manga image. Second, despite character details, the outlinds are fairly close, if not exact in some cases to the original art. At the very least, the intention to specifially recreate the original art is there and that intention may havd been too successful when compared to character outlines from an original work. If tracing wasn't utilized, the intent to faithfully recreate the original is there.

That intent is not 'bad' by any measure. But faithfully attempting to recreate the original can cause trouble. This may be a case of why that is.

It's easy to make the argument that said piece is *not* harming the original work. But those other facets about resemblance are really important.

While there's a lot to say about big companies like Shueisha being out of touch with how their properties are enjoyed (maybe specifically big old Japanese companies, given Nintendo has had similar issues) the bigger story is probably the reminder that social media and web hosts are also mostly big companies and will prioritise their own bottom lines, legal liabilities and relationships with other big companies over users, no matter how long-term and loyal those users are. Both the laws regarding copyright and fair use and the corporate best practices for handling copyright claims have a long way to go before they're caught up with the way content is shared on the internet and how international fan communities have become.

If the latest twitter developments of the claims maybe not being from Shueisha at all turn out to be true, all of what I said above goes double. Current systems for this kind of thing are ridiculously easy to abuse and most companies put the onus on the claimee rather than the claimer to prove they're doing the right thing, let alone if they're even being claimed in good faith or by the actual copyright holder. It's resulted in tons of garbage situations that have both gotten in the way of fans just enjoying things and hamstrung independent content creators who've carved out niches doing reviews, analysis and other worthwhile transformative pieces, even when they were following the rules as written to the best of their ability.

And if it is actually Shueisha, it's still not great, legally justified/insentivised or otherwise, just based on what I've heard of the kind of content that was hit. The publisher of 8 of the top 10 best selling series of most years probably doesn't need to go scorched earth on fanmade gifs and screencaps to save its bottom line, you know? (with scanlations and leaks being a different story because the state of English releases doesn't seem to be nearly as monopolistic, though exact figures are hard to come by).

It's a complicated situation that only seems to be getting more complicated, so it's probably best to wait and see what comes of it

Wait SaiSaixchan is on AP? I love her artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Wait SaiSaixchan is on AP? I love her artwork.
    Assuming that it's poster Sai-chan, not for a long time now, sadly. They haven't posted since like Dresserossa, and haven't visited the site at all in a couple years.

But check out the banner for the Dresserossa theme.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Arthur just made a very interesting tweet with good evidence that this was issued by a third party and not shueisha... and it seemed fairly convincing... at least for me.

But now i'm confused what Greg was on about all the time if this tweet and the stuff claimed in there turn out to be true, that this is indeed by a 3rd party who just abused a loophole on twitter or some shit

Sure, it's confusing to begin with so this new fold would only muddy that.

There's something going on right now that will change how things move forward. Not sure how it will end up. But one way or the other it will help close certain gaps and bring certain communities together. The method may or may not be to everyone's liking.

This is a reveal more shocking than kanjuro being a traitor... jk. But really it’s an unsettling situation, and reading about the personal affairs of people I never knew existed is super, super weird. Sometimes it’s good to take a step back from the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Assuming that it's poster Sai-chan, not for a long time now, sadly. They haven't posted since like Dresserossa, and haven't visited the site at all in a couple years.

But check out the banner for the Dresserossa theme.
    Dressrosa theme is the one I use, and the only sai on the the DMCA list was her:
    https://twitter.com/saisaixchan

Well too bad I missed to Interact with her here, still follow her twitter.

The art in your signature is absolutely stunning. I’ve seen it once before, do you have a link to the source? Would be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Dylcor View Post
    The art in your signature is absolutely stunning. I’ve seen it once before, do you have a link to the source? Would be greatly appreciated!
    I think it comes from here
    https://twitter.com/gallery_pirates/...07347177373696

Awesome thanks !

Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Volume 98 is looking cool. I think kaidos body will connect between volumes, so 99 should be awesome too.

Volume 98 is looking cool. I think kaidos body will connect between volumes, so 99 should be awesome too.
    ooh yeah, it could go as far as 4 or 5 volumes connected thru Kaido's body.

I said it in the volume thread and I'll say it here, the only only other time we had a truly joined set of covers (21 and 22), they were obviously planned and designed to be that from the start, then drawn as one image and split, and we have the process vid to show that not happening here.

Hell, the first five or six seconds of the vid show Kaido's body visibly curving around on the page instead of running off the right side in the earliest concepts. That alone should kill the idea that the Kaido body was planned to be an ongoing cover motif.

It's still not impossible Oda would choose to continue the image, even not having initially planned to, and I'd love to see another joined set of covers, but the evidence is against it in this case.

It's still strange what's compelling Oda to make a Kaido set right now.

Seeing as how hes a huge fan of Dragon Ball that would make sense

Honestly I just want to see the villain and hero covers that we always get when these big battles go down

Obviously villains will have Kaido, the all stars, the flying six (excluding Drake) and possibly Apoo and Hawkings

But who will be on the hero cover, weve got tons of characters, Straw Hats, Kid, Killer, Law, the nine scabbards, Carrot and Wanda, Yamato, Momo, Shinobi, Marco, Hyogoro, Tama and Drake

So the full cover of 98 was revealed and... no kaido!! I guess Oda decided against it. I really like the blue shading on the akazaya samurai, and finally another white volume. I don’t think we’ve had one since volume 57. I think this is the start of the “heroes vs bad guys” volume covers. Volume 99 I think is gonna be kaido, big mom, and some of the beast pirates. Volume 100 I’m pretty sure is gonna be the strawhat crew... or not!! Irdk, but I like the volume 98 cover a lot.

What is your opinion on the Time Travel DF? Do you think it's only purpose was to send Momo and the others into the future? Or do you think it will have another purpose?

I personally think it's the Deus Ex Machina of the Wano arc.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information