+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30

Thread: Chapter 805: The Mink Tribe

Default Re: Chapter 805: The Mink Tribe

Quote Originally Posted by Demonicpoodle View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking this too lol. Maybe Oda did it on purpose because he wants people to type/write out Blackbeard. Either way, BB may be so short-lived that it may not matter in the future.
    More Likely because of the pun.

BB King (Kong)

Quote Originally Posted by keekoishere View Post
    I mean, why reveal it just before Zou?
    Because it's a loooong time between bounty updates (the last one was 9 years ago) and Oda wants to use it as a plotpoint sooner rather than later... but it doesn't have to be immediately. The gag on his previous bounty didn't get payoff until after Thriller Bark, that was a year-long wait.

There will probably be another bounty update eventually to give everyone amazing bounties, but this will probably be the last one for several years.

Same reason he's set the revolutionaries and Blackbeard in motion now, even though such an end-game fight probably won't affect the main story for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    More Likely because of the pun.

BB King (Kong)
    Ah! A missed connection. I should've known that Oda would go the celebrity route he's so fond of. Thank ya.

Quote Originally Posted by DEE JAY View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, I present you: ZOU !

http://i66.tinypic.com/2nk8neo.jpg
    Jee third time someone show this rock. We must make a drinking game.

Discovered Stowaway

The doll idea is very intriguing. I can only imagine Luffy's reaction to the dolls. I can see him not being able to tell the difference at first. Imagine if Luffy shakes the dolls when they don't respond to his voice and he then sceams in terror that he killed his crewmates when the dolls' heads fall off. Or maybe he hugs the dolls, and their heads snap off.

Edit: I just remember Oda did a gag like this during the Skypedia arc. I laughed so hard when Luffy saw a skeleton with Nami's clothes on it, and he thought the skeleton was Nami.
    Last edited by Namiorbust; November 4th, 2015 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Namiorbust View Post
    The doll idea is very intriguing. I can only imagine Luffy's reaction to the dolls. I can see him not being able to tell the difference at first. Imagine if Luffy shakes the dolls when they don't respond to his voice and he then sceams in terror that he killed his crewmates when the dolls' heads fall off. Or maybe he hugs the dolls, and their heads snap off.

Edit: I just remember Oda did a gag like this during the Skypedia arc. I laughed so hard when Luffy saw a skeleton with Nami's clothes on it, and he thought the skeleton was Nami.:laughing:
    haha I was actually picturing that with the head coming off.

Hmmm I don't remember that gag in Skypeia , do you know what chapter its in? ..or better yet, any chance you got a link?
    "Gunpowder" Lagoon Fishhawk, here.
    What's your pirate name? use the funny name generator here

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    haha I was actually picturing that with the head coming off.

Hmmm I don't remember that gag in Skypeia , do you know what chapter its in? ..or better yet, any chance you got a link?
    It was in anime unfortunately
    Here it is. Jump to 9:39 and begin watching from there:
    Spoiler:

Discovered Stowaway

What Australopithecus said. I forgot that it wasn't canon. Of course I spent 1/2 hour diligently looking through chapters 270-272 where Nami and Luffy were in that snake before realizing I was thinking of a non canon scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Australopithecus View Post
    It was in anime unfortunately
    Canon or not, his denial despite "Nami" being a skeleton was priceless: "Nami! Snap out of it!"

LOL thanks for the link, and yes, even though it was filler, it was hilarious. I'd love to see something like that with some badly done dolls whose head falls off XD
    "Gunpowder" Lagoon Fishhawk, here.
    What's your pirate name? use the funny name generator here

Lit the Fire of Shandora! will-of-R's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Date_Masamune View Post
    They are mates, Luffy trust his mates so Robin and Franky, nothing extra ordinary.
    I just give the reaction that Oda expect most of the reader will give :p
    My father speaks exactly like Doflamingo. Except the sadistic part.

Quote Originally Posted by will-of-R View Post
    I just give the reaction that Oda expect most of the reader will give :p
    Not at all, not all One Piece readers are young and interest in homo eroticism.

Lit the Fire of Shandora! will-of-R's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Date_Masamune View Post
    Not at all, not all One Piece readers are young and interest in homo eroticism.
    A mutual trust, where at the daylight they insult each other, but deeply they respect each other skill.
    I believe that Oda is highlighting that kind of relationship and it's easy to notice
    Not necessarily homoeroticsm.
    My father speaks exactly like Doflamingo. Except the sadistic part.

Quote Originally Posted by will-of-R View Post
    A mutual trust, where at the daylight they insult each other, but deeply they respect each other skill.
    I believe that Oda is highlighting that kind of relationship and it's easy to notice
    Not necessarily homoeroticsm.
    I agree on that though,they always have fights like siblings do and yeah trust is here within the whole crew so it was just normal for Zoro to say that.
    Same goes for all the crew when there is something going on.
    It reminds me at the umi ressha moment when Zoro said to Sanji to wait for them before going blindly to attack the CP9, he knew somehow that Sanji couldn't do it all alone cause there was these monsters back in the time!
    Last edited by Date_Masamune; November 14th, 2015 at 11:18 PM. Reason: typo on this damn dumbphone

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information