+ Reply to Thread
Page 290 of 298 FirstFirst ... 190 240 280 288 289 290 291 292 ... LastLast
Results 5,781 to 5,800 of 5958

Thread: Pokemon Ultra S&M - We're Still Not Switching It Up Yet But Will Be In 2018

Default Re: Pokemon Ultra S&M - We're Still Not Switching It Up Yet But Will Be In 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
    yeah, you get the one cosmog from an alternate world, whereas UBs can come in packs, implying a species
    Both Cosmogs came from Ultra Space, and so did the original one from the legend. There are clearly a bunch of them.

Default Re: Pokemon Ultra S&M - We're Still Not Switching It Up Yet But Will Be In 2018

There's one thing that has always bugged me. Why is Toxic, a poison type move, accessible for to many especies. Almost the entire roster can learn it.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    There's one thing that has always bugged me. Why is Toxic, a poison type move, accessible for to many especies. Almost the entire roster can learn it.
    Farts is the only valid explanation.

Probably because it's such a good utility move and it helps round out options for a lot of mons. Poison types do get the benefit of never missing toxic though, iirc, which can be really nice.
    Like that I don't shut up about games? Here's my game design blog
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4

Besides, what woud be the other option? To give each type their own status effect to wither down opponents, but work just like poison? Either you'd have to make them all status effects, complicating the system, or just make them volatile, but that's just like wrap/infestation/fireSpin and such.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

Toxic is a cornerstone of a bunch of stall builds too
    so many mons would be worse without it

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

CoroCoro leaks are out.
    Spoiler:
    Lunala and Solgaleo both get new Z moves, there's greater interactivity with the Rotom Pokedex that can enable you to use more than one Z-move per battle, and registering Ultra Sun and/or Ultra Moon to Global Link rewards you with a gift.

I really hope that rotomdex thing is like pokemonamie and the link powers, or else the game will change way too much in just a season.
    Pokemon X

How about Rotom pokedex showing off National mode?

it still triggers my ocd

New trailer:

Spoiler:
    O-Powers are back.

Seriously hope the Rotom Z-Power will not work online. But I wonder who actually needs to use Z-Powers twice in a battle against NPCs...
    FC.0147-0584-2654

Huh those Rotom "items" seem legitimately interesting. I wonder how they work. If they're consumable and don't last long / are hard to obtain, they might be pretty much useless. But otherwise speeding up hatching or getting better wild encounters and such? Sounds pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    If I remember correctly, the move itself isn't really poison that comes from Pokemon themselves, but rather a 400 year old ninja technique that was taught and passed down to them.

Koga explains this in one of the games. It's an entirely man-made concept. Pretty interesting, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    Huh those Rotom "items" seem legitimately interesting. I wonder how they work. If they're consumable and don't last long / are hard to obtain, they might be pretty much useless. But otherwise speeding up hatching or getting better wild encounters and such? Sounds pretty good.
    Gen 6 had something similar. It worked on cooldowns rather than coupons tho.
    Pokemon X

Formerly Vegard Aune Lord Starfish's Avatar

As long as Rotom's O-Powers are 1: something you have to work for, and 2: only usable in single-player, this seems like 100% a good thing to me. Being able to use multiple Z-Moves in PVP would be way too broken thougg.
    Yibis One Piece Fansubs
    http://yibis.com - #yibis@irc.rizon.net

Maybe in an alt mode... But it looks way too much like "your pokemon held on to its last HP for your love" kind of mechanic. You had to work a lot on refresh/Mon amie to get the random sturdy.
    Pokemon X

Not sure if I'm a fan of it. It seems like they just wanna double down on this generation's gimmick. Which, in terms of people playing on Showdown and other venues, really isn't used anywhere as much as Megas.

I don't think I've had one battle on Showdown without a Mega in at least the last 3 months. I've gone plenty without seeing a Z-move, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

The tournament meta is full of z moves though, the weird things that the status moves can do, or just defeating things that you could not hope to defeat without it.
    Pokemon X

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    They sound identical to O-powers from gen 6, which were infinitely reusable but cost points from a meter that automatically recharged over time.

You could greatly increase the meter's recharge rate by exercising in real life, something I hope they bring back for USUM.

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    Not sure if I'm a fan of it. It seems like they just wanna double down on this generation's gimmick. Which, in terms of people playing on Showdown and other venues, really isn't used anywhere as much as Megas.

I don't think I've had one battle on Showdown without a Mega in at least the last 3 months. I've gone plenty without seeing a Z-move, though.
    There's definitely Z-move use in the meta, both VGC and singles as well. Top example that comes to mind is Normalium-Z Whimsicott, which was even in the champ's team during one of the recent pokemon championships.
    Like that I don't shut up about games? Here's my game design blog
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information