+ Reply to Thread
Page 291 of 291 FirstFirst ... 191 241 281 289 290 291
Results 5,801 to 5,813 of 5813

Thread: Pokemon Ultra S&M - We're Still Not Switching It Up Yet But Will Be In 2018

Default Re: Pokemon Ultra S&M - We're Still Not Switching It Up Yet But Will Be In 2018

Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Default Re: Pokemon Ultra S&M - We're Still Not Switching It Up Yet But Will Be In 2018

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I thought Burst was a white chocolate truffle, an explosion of flavor. It would explain the little wrapper thing on its neck.

New trailer:

They really should have called this game "Pokemon Eclipse Version".

http://gematsu.com/2017/10/pokemon-u...olume-sun-moon
    In addition to the main story, which is different from Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon, there will be an additional episode after you enter the Hall of Fame. Users who expect minor changes like Pokemon Emerald and Pokemon Platinum can look forward to even greater, ultra changes.
    *Takes a sip of coffee and smokes a cigar*

3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    *Takes a sip of coffee and smokes a cigar*
    You're gloating weeks after the discussion has ended and which point you don't even seem to have understood. We get it. Move on.

3DS Friendcode: 1547 - 5175 - 1342

It just feels great to be right, that's all there's to it. But yes, this debate is long over, moving on.

It wasn't a debate. It was unhappiness with what was being shown (minor, crappy changes/additions) coupled with almost no general info, and rightfully questioning what that meant for the game overall. Your gloating is tasteless because it's like me predicting there will be an alien invasion in the year 2043 and then feeling smug and superior if it comes true, when it's really just dumb luck, but I mistake my baseless blind faith for some kind of intelligence.

Like congrats, it was either going to be significantly different or not. You won a coinflip that was contrary to the picture being painted at the time. You are not somehow vindicated. Good for the game (although hey I can play the selective quoting game too, since the same article you linked also says “a story that diverges a little differently” so like, no it's not probably a giant overhaul). Now please stop.

I think I'm being misunderstood. I never do any of that when I have a good basis, so I'm sorry to tell you, but it wasn't even a prediction. Ever since the announcement was made, these games screamed B/W2 all over the place, and the only reason they are not 100% is because USUM is not a sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    I think I'm being misunderstood. I never do any of that when I have a good basis, so I'm sorry to tell you, but it wasn't even a prediction. Ever since the announcement was made, these games screamed B/W2 all over the place, and the only reason they are not 100% is because USUM is not a sequel.
    So these games are so similar to B/W2 -the games known for uniquely being a direct sequel- except the part where they are not a sequel?

So in what ways did these "scream" to be like B/W2?

Because B/W2 advertised very clearly what it was. These games showed exact scenes from Sun and Moon unchanged in the trailers for USUM, and also plenty of scenes that were completely new.

But as Foolio stated, regardless of to what degree anybody here predicted of how much has changed, all of the marketing and information available didn't really support an idea of these huge overhauls to the story. Just usual 3rd game stuff, like extra Pokedex features, gimmick forms, etc.

But I am very curious as to what you think made theme promoted similar to B2W2, of course excluding the full animated video we got showing previous characters older and the trailers that confirmed absolute and radical story differences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Seems to be exactly what I thought. Sun and Moon again with enough minor changes to make the hardcore people buy it.

But not enough for people like me, who expected at least some new Alolan forms.

Come on Tendo...4
    3DS Friendcode: 1177-6707-2664

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

When simply comparing the volume of the scenario, Pokemon Ultra Sun and Pokemon Ultra Moon is about twice that of Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon.
    This raises a lot of questions:

Is the "scenario" described the main quest?
    Are they including side-things like the Battle Frontier or Contests?
    Why wasn't any of this revealed beforehand?
    Is it just an exaggeration?

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    This raises a lot of questions:

Is the "scenario" described the main quest?
    Are they including side-things like the Battle Frontier or Contests?
    Why wasn't any of this revealed beforehand?
    Is it just an exaggeration?
    In another translation, it's pretty clear it's just the volume of script so just lines of text. And it's PR pre-release interview so probably exagerated, like with every marketing estimations of play hours. I would'nt expect more than a few scenes here and there (like the UB hunt being fleshed out a bit and integrated in the plot) + one ROSA-like post-game scenario.

I mean, I'm more interested now than when it was first announced, but I think I'll wait for now. The one reason I would buy would be to play Alola again (maybe Nuzlocke), since one file's locked to being my Living Dex. At least I have extra mons to trade for the new UBs, assuming players can get multiple like the ones in vanilla.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information