+ Reply to Thread
Page 295 of 297 FirstFirst ... 195 245 285 293 294 295 296 297 LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,900 of 5926

Thread: Pokemon Ultra S&M - We're Still Not Switching It Up Yet But Will Be In 2018

Default Re: Pokemon Ultra S&M - We're Still Not Switching It Up Yet But Will Be In 2018

A new trailer showing the move tutor.

Well, there was really nothing left in the game to reveal, so yeah.
    FC.0147-0584-2654

Default Re: Pokemon Ultra S&M - We're Still Not Switching It Up Yet But Will Be In 2018

I thought someone had said that the Mantine surfing game is how you would earn points for paying the move tutors. But it seems to just be BP, which is annoying.

Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Not sure I like the change in the SOS. Sure it was incredibly frustrating when you needed to advance and your enemy kept calling allies, specially when your team couldn't handle the extra challenge... but that's the kind of challenge that should be in. That's frustrating because it adds difficulty, not repetitiveness or boring controls. And THAT'S what they decide to tone down.

Anyways, from what I watched (spent a while watching a gameplay) and read, this is definitely not a game I am buying. Way too few changes compared to the original and, just as the guy in the video above said, that's way too early for a game so similar... feels like a remake of a game that just came out.
    If I was a competitive player, it would be a different talk: the new games would be a must have as the new move tutors are going to impact the meta heavily. But I'm not, and if Mega Beedrill didn't made me buy an actual "new" game, a few new moves are not going to make me buy the same game I bought a year ago with a few extras.

EDIT: On a side note, I decided to go back playing Sun since the new games got me in a pokémon phase again and took the change to try and complete the Alola dex - never tried to complete a dex and the lack of national dex means this could be my only chance. Man, that gives a sense of accomplishment, doesn't it? And a thank you to the random person who sent me a Modest Porygon-Z with 5 IV (all but Attack - the one you doesn't need anyways) on the GPS, I am not a competitive player but I will guard it with sickening zeal.
    Last edited by .access timeco.; November 14th, 2017 at 04:33 PM.
    FC.0147-0584-2654

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Not sure I like the change in the SOS. Sure it was incredibly frustrating when you needed to advance and your enemy kept calling allies, specially when your team couldn't handle the extra challenge... but that's the kind of challenge that should be in. That's frustrating because it adds difficulty, not repetitiveness or boring controls. And THAT'S what they decide to tone down.
    99% of the time it was just annoying, not difficult. Most tougher things rarely call for help, if ever. Also there's this magical feature people forget where you just run away from battle instead of fighting the endless chain. I'm totally fine with the change, as long as Adrenaline Orbs revert the battle back to the old behavior (which seemed like the implication?). Otherwise it gets a lot more annoying to intentionally chain.

So... the consensus is that its exactly the same game with some minor changes and a just couple hours of new post-game content?

As speculated at length based on everything they showed (and didn't show) up until the last month or so?

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    So... the consensus is that its exactly the same game with some minor changes and a just couple hours of new post-game content?

As speculated at length based on everything they showed (and didn't show) up until the last month or so?
    The RR quest is apparently less than an hour long, and none of the other postgame activities are story-based.

I've been told that the main quest is 90% the same (even though the story has changed a bit, you're doing the same things for most of it) and most disappointingly, there's no way to skip or speed up cutscenes or dialogue.

I can also say with confidence that Gamefreak has already spoiled almost every single new thing about the game.

Serebii is up with datamine and spoilers.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

Well, that felt like a waste of time and money.

My copy arrives tomorrow. I'm not gonna spoil myself any further, I even turned off the YT recomendations in my mobil phone, and blocked anyone who dared put spoilers on my twitter account. I allowed it to a certain extent, but not anymore. Dataminers can go fuck themselves, for all I care.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

The Ultra Beasts getting their own stages was definitely something I would have loved in S&M instead of them just appearing in regular places. And they all look great.
    FC.0147-0584-2654

This should be dlc, and compatibility for the new species and moves should be free for all to avoid fracturing the player base.
    Pokemon X

*Plays 1st hour of game*

Same plot, my ass.

Different details don't change the fact it's the same plot. We get it you like this game but let's not go overboard in believing it's that different.
    Like that I don't shut up about games? Here's my game design blog
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4

Hidden:
    Last edited by KageKageKing; November 17th, 2017 at 01:27 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

That's not funny at all. Some things should not be shared.

Agreed. I know well it wasn't the intention, but needless to say, whoever made that is a despicable scum.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Spoiler:
    Holy crap, the teacher at the trainers school will use the starter that has the type advantage against yours.

We are going to have Nekketsu making a post on every. little. thing. she crosses with that is not identical to S&M just to make abundantly clear it's not literally the same game, aren't we? Ok... *sigh*... I'm prepared.
    Last edited by .access timeco.; November 17th, 2017 at 04:17 PM. Reason: it's not really a rant, I actually think it is funny
    FC.0147-0584-2654

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/pokemon-variants/photos

I know that this with 900+ pokemon is impossible, but at least some traits from the father staying with the offsprings's model, or at the very least, colors, would be nice.

The pokemon fusion project managed to do it, by asigning areas and color palette's priorities to each pokemon, I have to check if there's a way to make it cheaply on the textures.
    Pokemon X

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Not impossible, GF could make 5 or 6 sprite variants for each pokemon in the pokedex (or just the ones that make sense being different, like bannette, chimecho, cofagrigus) and it would have absolutely no impact on gameplay other than providing a different 'skin' to the pokemon (as well as changing their appearance based on where in the map you found them).

Could be a cool addition to the newest gen.

Or the sprite could look different based on IVs. That'd be cool, make it possible for people to see whichof the 6 IV's is highest based on the look of the pokemon alone (with a special form for Perfect IVs?)
    -_- o_o O_O ...Agree to disagree sounds about right. Holy moly.
    I'm such a bad person

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information