+ Reply to Thread
Page 300 of 300 FirstFirst ... 200 250 290 298 299 300
Results 5,981 to 5,985 of 5985

Thread: Pokemon Ultra S&M - We're Still Not Switching It Up Yet But Will Be In 2018

Default Re: Pokemon Ultra S&M - We're Still Not Switching It Up Yet But Will Be In 2018

They can't have that many bullets on the pipeline, the announced games that are left to set date from last year are the fire emblem, metroid prime 4 and pokemon, oh and Yoshi switch game. And of those the only one that we actually saw gameplay was the Yoshi one.

That could mean nothing, as at this time of last year, xenoblade 2 was just an announcement of an announcement, Mario still couldn't possess people, and zelda wasn't even out yet.

Too soon to tell.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

http://www.gamesradar.com/upcoming-n...-switch-games/

Yah, beyond Dark Souls at the end of May we have silence, I expect some more stuff for this calendar around march.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

Default Re: Pokemon Ultra S&M - We're Still Not Switching It Up Yet But Will Be In 2018

It's hard to imagine that a Pokemon Game will come out this early. Especially with the jump to the Switch. It will most likely be a full 3D World to develop, new animations for every single Pokemon (though they maybe will use the old ones somehow to save time?). On one hand ... i'm really excited for new game. But on the other i want this to be as good as possible. And if they would need more time i'd gladly wait a year or so for a better experience.
    3DS FC: 0748-2376-4827

Quote Originally Posted by Neaeran View Post
    It's hard to imagine that a Pokemon Game will come out this early. Especially with the jump to the Switch. It will most likely be a full 3D World to develop, new animations for every single Pokemon (though they maybe will use the old ones somehow to save time?). On one hand ... i'm really excited for new game. But on the other i want this to be as good as possible. And if they would need more time i'd gladly wait a year or so for a better experience.
    The models on the 3DS were done at really high quality in order to future proof them some. They even have walking animations that never made it to the actual game, plus all the Amie stuff. And the 3DS can barely run them.

So I could see them just reusing the existing models but maybe giving them more animations or something. With the jump to the Switch they could even just change the shaders and the same 3D models would look pretty different.

And the precedent for reusing old sprites for several generations is there. Gen 5 used almost entirely sprites from gens 3 and 4 for the old monsters. CG models its harder to tell, you can move the camera a little bit and who would know?

Pokemon Go already reuses the 3DS models with a new bucket of paint and they look quite nice, so I can totally see this being the case for the Switch games.

Let's also not forget that Gamefreak more than likely had dev kits in 2015, Ohmori did Sun and Moon, and Unno (?) did Ultra Sun and Moon, which leaves Masuada and others with not much going on for the last few years. Nintendo obviously wants this game out in 2018, they're not going to move 20 million Switches with Yoshi and Kirby and Fire Emblem.

I'd love the games to release fall next year, but all signs point to them wanting the game out this year, and I'd expect an announcement around May like usual.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information