+ Reply to Thread
Page 306 of 320 FirstFirst ... 206 256 296 304 305 306 307 308 316 ... LastLast
Results 6,101 to 6,120 of 6395

Thread: Pokemon Ultra S&M - Let's Minecraft Pikachu and Eevee Quest

Default Re: Pokemon Ultra S&M - We're Still Not Switching It Up Yet But Will Be In 2018

I hated the dream world, and would have been miffed at the time for the pokewalker as back home there wasn't any good places to walk about (but right now I'd take that baby anywhere, specially in winter with big pockets).

Unless it demands actual progression in Go, the one with the entrance barrier of a smartphone, I don't think that it's alienating. But then again, the pokewalker was more elegant than the battery vampire that is go.

And there's the whole dance with the roundabout castle thingie of alola, the mystical pokemon, or just the version differences, Gamefreak loves these barriers.
    Last edited by maxterdexter; May 17th, 2018 at 01:18 AM.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Default Re: Pokemon Ultra S&M - We're Still Not Switching It Up Yet But Will Be In 2018

Quote Originally Posted by GetsugaZoro View Post
    bring back megas and give me Johto starters megas and maybe some Kanto variations of Pokemurica or Pokefrance mons.
    Megas are probably dead. They broke game balance and locked some mons into that being their final form, and being only temporary forms kind of sucked. Aloan form remixes seem the way to go from here on out to revisit old things.... especially since it lets them redesign an entire line and not just final forms.

I don't think that they are going to never make any new megas, but that they are going to be more careful with them, focusing on popular and underpowered, instead of Megasalamance, megagarchomp, megasizor, or things that just are ridiculous like megakangaskhan and more mega starters.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

It made Mawile and Sableye relevant again.

I would prefer a proper evolution, but we arent geting that ever so let me enjoy my stuff.

Spoiler:

They would have to say something about the Eviolite.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

"Fuck my mega, right?" - Butterfree, Slowking, Milotic and Froslass

I would love if they went back to it IF they were going to focus solely on the pokémon that need a serious improvement instead of starters and pseudo legendaries, but we know that's not going to happen. Also, the fact Gen VII gave all the megas awful dex entries stating how making a pokémon undergo those is borberline animal cruelty, I feel like the current game director hate the mega concept and is more than willing to never bring it back.

Full competitive viability for everyone is just a dream, the best that some outclassed mons (specially farfetch'd) can hope is a niche where they can shine.

Little cup where NFE gets to play, inverse type battle where avalugg is king, smogoon has it's whole tier system, and while I don't participate, Serebii keeps bringing up the region cups, and when a new gen is out, they restrict the dex for that.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    "Fuck my mega, right?" - Butterfree, Slowking, Milotic and Froslass
    You do realize that Butterfree is the only one of these that's actually bad right? Like the rest aren't top-tier but are still pretty good at specific things and are solidly above the 50th percentile if not more like 65th.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    You do realize that Butterfree is the only one of these that's actually bad right? Like the rest aren't top-tier but are still pretty good at specific things and are solidly above the 50th percentile if not more like 65th.
    I picked those because their counterparts (Beedrill, Slowbro, Gyarados and Glalie) got mega evolutions.

Having almost 800 pokemon and having only what, 75 of them actually good (and probably 30 of those who are meta-good) is a major fucking flaw to Pokemon.

If any game could benefit for a western style balance cycle, it's this one.
    I started a blog about Harem Anime right here! https://dewbond.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    I picked those because their counterparts (Beedrill, Slowbro, Gyarados and Glalie) got mega evolutions.
    Ah I see. Well, Glalie actually IS trash competitively without Mega. Slowbro is a weird case because the mega is kinda just a better Slowking... dunno why that was a thing. Gyarados had no need for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmetal-lich View Post
    Having almost 800 pokemon and having only what, 75 of them actually good (and probably 30 of those who are meta-good) is a major fucking flaw to Pokemon.

I mean, a lot more than 75 are good and can shine even against some of the best. It's just that a small number of extremely overpowered mons end up dominating the meta and most of the other stuff, even if it's viable based on how a team is built, will struggle to gain visibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmetal-lich View Post

Um, no idea where these numbers come from. Are you aware that there's different competitive meta-games? Sure, VGC is the main competitively supported one by Pokemon Company, but outside of that there's several other tiers that fans use to play. Not to mention mons that are great in-game, mons that work for story reasons, etc. Not every pokemon has to exist to be competitively viable.

Given this the idea that only 75 mons are actually usable is laughable. If anything, I have the opposite perspective. The fact that with 800 mons or so and yet they manage to still have soooo many compelling designs, so many usable mons, so many possible great team combinations... it speaks volumes to how well-balanced the experience has constantly been each generation.

This isn't even touching the design logic that not all pokemon have to be great pokemon. By design, you need to have average and terrible pokemon as well.
    Like that I don't shut up about games? Here's my game design blog
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4

Its good to remember that those 75 out of 800 are kind of from the last stage of an evolutionary line.

Spoiler:

"Why is Squirtle weaker than Blastoise?" shouts confused man

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

Megas should have been for starters only in my opinion.

Something leaked out.

There's an Eevee on the trainer's head. Also, a bunch of VISIBLE pokemon around. Though this image seems to have been out for months.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

It's been a few years since ORAS so my butt is slightly less hurt that there's still no MegaGatr. Add more megas

While butterfree is not good, Kalosian butterfree (Vivillon) is very near usable.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

The point of butterfree was to be a mon you catch early in-game and can train up to inflict status bullshit on enemies. But like a lot of early game mons, it's supposed to peak early to teach players to catch more stuff later in the journey.

And yea, I'm kind of over the years of wanting everything to have a mega and I'm cool now with some mons just not being that great. The fact you can run almost anything in game makes it fine for me.
    Like that I don't shut up about games? Here's my game design blog
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    Something leaked out.

There's an Eevee on the trainer's head. Also, a bunch of VISIBLE pokemon around. Though this image seems to have been out for months.
    Yeah, this image is from around April 1st.

I really hope it's fake because #1 While there are lots of similarities to Sun/Moon's graphics here, it actually looks more 2.5D (notice the platforms, which are very 2.5D) and #2. I've seen that this matches up with Kanto's Route 21, in which case the scale of it is still incredibly small and narrow. Just very unambitious. This is a Switch game, not a 3DS game. Good lord.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information