+ Reply to Thread
Page 314 of 314 FirstFirst ... 214 264 304 312 313 314
Results 6,261 to 6,276 of 6276

Thread: Pokemon Ultra S&M - Let's Minecraft Pikachu and Eevee Quest

Default Re: Pokemon Ultra S&M - Let's Minecraft Pikachu and Eevee Quest

Saw a bit of the video showing the game. Looks to be very much like a normal pokemon game, just with pokemon go catching mechanics.

I'm cool with that.
    I started a blog about Harem Anime right here! https://dewbond.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

The gameplay video killed any possible chance of me ever buying it, assuming it is a good portrayal of the game as a whole.

After 5 minutes watching it, it was already giving me the same feeling as Pokémon Go gave me after one day: that I had already saw the whole game and then it would just be a repetition endlessly.

Also watching it makes me disturbingly aware it is a game meant for kids, something I am able to keep at the back of my mind while playing the other mainline games. I guess it is more the visuals than the gameplay itself, though.

I was kind of on the fence but the biggest deal-breaker for me is no wild encounters, and the Go-ification of some stuff like that in general -- not the catch mechanics specifically, because I'm fine with having to do it that way, but the general simplifications. It doesn't help to see things like being literally forced to have type advantages against Gyms.

I really want to like this game, but they replaced Gary with a nice friendly rival and removed all of the challenge.
    Gen 1 was better in almost every way.

The forced type advantage aparently is excluse to the first Gym. But still, having the first Gym be converted into a tutorial of how to fight under the guise of "this game is easier to invite new players" (even though the first pokémon games to ever exist already assumed you would have that figured out by the time you fought the same Gym) says a lot in itself.

The only factor that seemed fun about this game was the co-op (well, and all the pokémon riding), but judging by the trailer the co-op fights will just be the regular fights you would have on 1x1 except turned into 2x1. I assume there will be a facility in the game designed to be a co-op challenge, but for the regular game co-op apparently will just turn the already very easy and repetitive game into something you will do in your sleep... so the fun factor of the co-op is very questionable at this point.
    Last edited by .access timeco.; June 13th, 2018 at 11:02 AM.

I'm not really that interested in the game (although i still play Pokemon Go) but today i had the chance to order it for 22 Euro ... And i couldn't resist.
    I mean ... if it sucks i'll just sell it.
    3DS FC: 0748-2376-4827

Looked it up on Amazon and this game is actually legitimately selling for $60?

Wow, just wow. This is a $40 game. At most.

Its aimed at Go players. I know many Go players. "Overpriced" and "waste of money" are foreign concepts to them.

"How can money be a waste when I'm already wasting my time?"

Swordsman Of The Atlantic chpollastrini's Avatar

Any good souls who could grab a Zygarde code for a brazilian who isn't able to get one?
    My 3DS FC: 0361 - 7494 - 3910

My 3DS FC: 0361 - 7494 - 3910

Yes it absolutely does not look like a 60 €/$ game. But the fact that it is Pokemon apparently justifies the price.
    And there is no doubt that people will buy it ...
    Btw my pre order was cancelled. Too many orders and i was too late... Oh well.
    3DS FC: 0748-2376-4827

So here's a crazy idea I just had. What would it be like to play Pokémon, but without HP bars? As in, no way to keep track of how much HP your or the opponent's Pokémon has during battle. Obviously this would make things a lot harder and there's no way Gamefreak/Nintendo would implement something like this, but as a Nuzlocke-like challenge, what do you think of it? And has anything like this ever been attempted before? I literally just came up with this, so it's not like I've thought through or anything, but I think it has the potential to make the game really exciting.

Also, yeah, I guess this theory could be applied to a lot of RPG games, but Pokémon was the first thing I thought of.
    Last edited by Nobodyman; June 21st, 2018 at 10:49 AM.

As in no indication at all (except things like the pinch berries and so)? Or keeping the hell sound of "you are about to die"

Also, without the no death clausule it would be kind of tame.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    As in no indication at all (except things like the pinch berries and so)? Or keeping the hell sound of "you are about to die"
    Yeah, no indication at all. I didn't consider the warning sound, but yeah, probably get rid of that as well. And yes, pinch berries would still activate.

Also, without the no death clausule it would be kind of tame.
    Well, it would still be more challenging, but...yeah, I suppose that's true. Maybe keep the death clause, but remove the one-Pokémon-per-route clause to balance out the difficulty?

With no way to track health you'd basically have no choice but to swap or heal every other turn, you wouldn't be able to count on anything taking more than two hits. Or just get used to everything dying on you forever. It'd get old faaaaast.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    With no way to track health you'd basically have no choice but to swap or heal every other turn, you wouldn't be able to count on anything taking more than two hits. Or just get used to everything dying on you forever. It'd get old faaaaast.
    Sounds exactly like something Gamefreak would do.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information