Default Re: Pokemon Ultra S&M - Let's Minecraft Pikachu and Eevee Quest

so sad there was no Pokemon announcement in the Nintendo Direct

hopefully next time

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Dear Arceus...

Dammit, I can't help but giggle.

of the Hundred Beasts The Laughing Man's Avatar
    Watching a fat, egg-shaped woman fall down a waterfall.

We will probably get the reveal / announcement next week for Generation 8, since the 27th of February is Pokemon day (and they have like...5 days of activities, Q&A etc. planned).

People have been hinting at it (+ some possible details, rumors and such about the region it will be based on and such), some reliable people some not-so reliable people, so I think the reveal is imminent. Hopefully we get an X & Y style reveal, where it showed some glimpses of the region, the 3 starter Pokemon, the 2 box legendaries, the logos, and the name of the 2 versions AND NOT a Sun & Moon style reveal (where they basically just showed the logo and revealed the names).
    Last edited by The Laughing Man; February 20th, 2019 at 12:34 PM.

I wonder what kind of gimmicks, changes, and/or additions are even left for Gen 8? The last big change to the core battle mechanics was the physical/special split back in Gen 4. Gens 6 & 7 gave us new features with Mega-Evolutions and Z-Moves, and I'm not really sure what there is to add after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBits View Post
    I wonder what kind of gimmicks, changes, and/or additions are even left for Gen 8? The last big change to the core battle mechanics was the physical/special split back in Gen 4. Gens 6 & 7 gave us new features with Mega-Evolutions and Z-Moves, and I'm not really sure what there is to add after that.
    Regional Variants might return (hopefully for generations other than just Generation 1). I think that mechanic is pretty neat, and can reinvigorate Pokemon that have been around for awhile making them feel fresh and new. At the same time though...it could hurt the amount of NEW Pokemon and evolution lines they implement (I want closer to 100 new Pokemon, not...70). I can see Mega Evolution returning too, over Z-Moves anyway.

I want branching evolution again, like, how you can involve Poliwhirl into either Poliwrath or Politoad.

Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    Regional Variants might return (hopefully for generations other than just Generation 1). I think that mechanic is pretty neat, and can reinvigorate Pokemon that have been around for awhile making them feel fresh and new. At the same time though...it could hurt the amount of NEW Pokemon and evolution lines they implement (I want closer to 100 new Pokemon, not...70). I can see Mega Evolution returning too, over Z-Moves anyway.

I want branching evolution again, like, how you can involve Poliwhirl into either Poliwrath or Politoad.
    Oh, I agree that Regional Variants can and should return. They were probably the best new feature from SM, but we didn't get enough of them and they were limited to Kanto Pokemon. I was mostly talking about battling, I don't see what's left for it. I personally wouldn't mind a complete overhaul, but it would probably be unrealistic at this point since that would mean Gamefreak would have to rebalance things around 800+ playable characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

Discovered Stowaway

Great timing, I was just starting to feel the abstinence of a pokémon fix (specially since I didn't got any with Ultras and Let's Go).

Although now that I was thinking about it, chances are it will not be a good generation for me if it follows the current trend:
    Gen IV - some bugs, but all with the exact same and terrible typing (except Wormadam, but... Wormadam)
    Gen V - bug heaven
    Gen VI - just one bug. and with the same typing as all of gen IV
    Gen VII - bug heaven reloaded

Even on subjective terms, I am not a fan of any of the Gen IV nor Vivillon, so...

Anyways, I hope we can get the starters with the review. Before we get them it's like a weird limbo where we already got something but at the same time didn't.

If the rumored / "leaked" region inspiration is true, gonna be A LOT of Fairy-type and Water-type Pokemon.

And for those curious. The rumored region is
    Spoiler:
    The United Kingdom
    Last edited by The Laughing Man; February 20th, 2019 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Gen IV - some bugs, but all with the exact same and terrible typing (except Wormadam, but... Wormadam)
    What about Kricketune?

But yeah, between Leavanny, Scolipede, Crustle, Galvantula, etc. and Quiver Dance, Gen 5 was definitely the best thing to happen to bugs.
    3DS Friend Code: 2535-3972-7935

Discovered Stowaway

Regional variants need to come back. It was such a hit and it had absolutely zero drawbacks, unlike the Mega evolutions that could have been good but was awfully distributed.
    Mega Evolution need to go, but at the same time I want at least one more batch just so the counterparts of pokémon who got one can get even (I am totally biased here).
    Z-Moves should never have existed and I wouldn't complain if they weren't even included. I don't know if they are good competitively, maybe they are the best thing ever there, but I abhor everything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Early View Post
    What about Kricketune?
    Wait, what?

... I suppose this solidifies Kricketune as the one I ignore the most. I never even bothered looking at its actual type. I feel bad for it now.

Z-Moves should never have existed and I wouldn't complain if they weren't even included. I don't know if they are good competitively, maybe they are the best thing ever there, but I abhor everything about it.
    Z-moves are absolutely used competitively, either for the raw damage with 100% accuracy that goes through Protect or tactically like Z-Belly Drum. It's also an item that can't be knocked off or Tricked. Most competitive teams have at least one Z-mon, but I've even seen two on occasion (even though you can only use one per battle).

Personally I don't have anything against them other than the length of their animation.
    Last edited by Foolio; February 20th, 2019 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    If the rumored / "leaked" region inspiration is true, gonna be A LOT of Fairy-type and Water-type Pokemon.

And for those curious. The rumored region is
    Spoiler:
    The United Kingdom
    But gen 5 already had areas with bad weather and people speaking hard to understand languages :S
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Discovered Stowaway

So, yesterday (20) the Pokémon twitter posted a "Visit Kanto" video along with #PokémonDay.
    Today they did the same but "Visit Johto".
    Curiously, despite being a #PokémonDay campaign, being one video per day means they will end with Alola one day before the actual Pokémon Day.

Unless...

So, yesterday (20) the Pokémon twitter posted a "Visit Kanto" video along with #PokémonDay.
    Today they did the same but "Visit Johto".
    Curiously, despite being a #PokémonDay campaign, being one video per day means they will end with Alola one day before the actual Pokémon Day.

Unless...
    ?? On the final day... ! They open a portal above the different Pokemon Centers around the world that transports those worthy few to the real Pokemon regions to become Pokemon trainers in real life!!!!

Discovered Stowaway

That's exactly what I mea...NO!

On the final day the post a video where you can now go to all the regions....in the same game.

Welcome to Gen 8.

The world is yours.

FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

The famous (or infamous, depending on how you look at it) "Chinese Riddler" has returned; a VERY accurate Chinese leaker who leaked / revealed A LOT of accurate information about Pokemon Sun & Moon, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, and Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee, also called "Pokemon Stars" bullshit, is seemingly back.

He said Generation 8 WILL be revealed next week during Pokemon Day / Week (starts Wednesday next week, but, could see a reveal Tuesday...possibly), and that the trailer "made him cry".
    Last edited by The Laughing Man; February 23rd, 2019 at 06:02 PM.

lol I didn't even know there was a pokemon week

So I've finally decided to go for getting the National Dex in Alpha Saphire to get the Shiny charm.

Certainly time consuming, but it's been going well so far. Bred a bunch of starters to put up for trades on the GTS, and I've actually been getting what I've needed so far.

For anyone that knows, will Bank still allow me to deposit Pokemon from X and withdraw them into AS? I haven't used Bank since moving most pokemon from my original gen 6 run into Moon years back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information