+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bond en Avant's Practice

Default Bond en Avant's Practice

Hi everyone. I've been drawing a lot of One Piece things for several years now, but practically all of them are done in pencil or pen. I don't have a scanner so unfortunately, those drawings won't be making it online anytime soon. I do possess a Wacom tablet but I've never really used it all that much, and I've never actually drawn One Piece related stuff with it before.

Until now.

Welcome to my new (first) art thread. I'll be posting One Piece images here as I practice using my tablet. Feel free to comment and criticise where applicable, cause I'm looking to improve much more beyond wherever I'm at now.

Let's start with a bit of Romance Dawn:

My first time using Paint Tool SAI and I have no idea how I want to colour my drawings. For now, I'm just using the water brush but I'm not all that satisfied yet.

EDIT: Here's another one.

This time, I experimented with drawing large movements. I also used the simple brush tool to color it in this time.
    Mr.9 and Miss Wednesday is my favourite Baroque Works team. A shame they (well, Mr.9 at least) didn't get to do much.
    Last edited by Bond en Avant; March 4th, 2016 at 09:28 AM.
    FC(3DS) - 2724-4238-5489 (LZTan)
    FC(Switch) - SW-3434-4042-7728 (Jin)

Bond en Avant practices drawing in SAI

Default Re: Bond en Avant's Practice

Today, we see what would happen if Tsuru were successful in her missions to capture Doflamingo.

This time, I'm testing out drawing exaggerated expressions. They're a lot of fun to draw.

Man, I love Dofla struggling to oppose Tsuru and her serious "no way you're getting away again, kid"-face.

Keep at it!

Thanks a bunch Piitan!

Here's something a little different. A quick sketch of the Gen 7 starter Pokemon...
    Spoiler:

...as humans!

Since it's a rough sketch, I didn't really take much time colouring them in.

Your art somehow reminds me of those picture book drawings in our country... (you're also from Msia, right?)

Good work! I liked the Dofla and Tsuru one the most.

↑Biological Weaopn of Doom and Destruction

Quote Originally Posted by le crystal View Post
    Your art somehow reminds me of those picture book drawings in our country... (you're also from Msia, right?)

Good work! I liked the Dofla and Tsuru one the most.
    I am from Malaysia, yes. I'm not sure which picture book drawings you're referring to though?
    They might have subconsciously influenced my art style. I've always thought my style was a mixture of Japanese manga and American comics (since those are what I consciously draw most of the time).

Quote Originally Posted by Bond en Avant View Post
    I am from Malaysia, yes. I'm not sure which picture book drawings you're referring to though?
    They might have subconsciously influenced my art style. I've always thought my style was a mixture of Japanese manga and American comics (since those are what I consciously draw most of the time).
    Ya know, those pelangi sdn. bhd. picture books. And perhaps a bit of Lat.
    But I do see the Japanese and American influence. I guess your art style is like a rojak.

Rojak is awesome.

And in preparation for the AP Character Tournament, BEHOLD!
    The most FABULOUS wizards of all the world!

Their turn should be coming up next. Vote for them so they'll get a chance to meet with Nami and show off their STYLE!

EDIT: I'm gonna go to sleep for now which means I won't be able to post this in the actual tournament for the first few hours. If anybody sees this, could you be a dear and help post it when Round 8 starts? I'll post it myself if it's not posted by the time I wake up.
    Last edited by Bond en Avant; May 24th, 2016 at 10:06 AM.

Rojak is awesome.

http://i67.tinypic.com/izbaf4.jpg

Their turn should be coming up next. Vote for them so they'll get a chance to meet with Nami and show off their STYLE!
    That is Crazy and Noisy. So bizarre....

Rojak is awesome.

EDIT: I'm gonna go to sleep for now which means I won't be able to post this in the actual tournament for the first few hours. If anybody sees this, could you be a dear and help post it when Round 8 starts? I'll post it myself if it's not posted by the time I wake up.
    Since you like rojak, I'll help.

Why am I still awake?

you have really interesting and enjoyable art style. The motion in your pictures seems very fluid
    "I'm a bad guy! I don't save the day, I don't fly off to the sunset and I don't get the girl! I'm going home."
    - MegaMind

Today, we see what would happen if Tsuru were successful in her missions to capture Doflamingo.
    http://i67.tinypic.com/2i8ix5h.jpg
    This time, I'm testing out drawing exaggerated expressions. They're a lot of fun to draw.
    Wow. I love your work. Your sense of perspective is insanely accurate.

I've PM,d you.

Well, it's been a few months, but I guess this place needs a bit of activity
    Before I continue, I must warn that the following image contains Pokemon Sun and Moon post-game spoilers:
    Spoiler:
    It's pretty much an anthropomorphication of all 7 Ultra Beasts (I believe some circles call them gijinka).
    It was supposed to be a quick sketch to relieve a bit of boredom but it escalated pretty quickly and now I'm behind on my studies...

But oh well, what can you do? Here's the image:

It's a little rough but I didn't want to put more attention that I was supposed to. I should be studying right about now.

I always saw the UB as some sort of quacky group of Supervillains.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I always saw the UB as some sort of quacky group of Supervillains.
    You and me both it would seem. I especially like to associate them with the seven deadly sins.
    Not unlike the homunculi in FMA.

Well, it's been a few months, but I guess this place needs a bit of activity
    Before I continue, I must warn that the following image contains Pokemon Sun and Moon post-game spoilers:
    Spoiler:
    It's pretty much an anthropomorphication of all 7 Ultra Beasts (I believe some circles call them gijinka).
    It was supposed to be a quick sketch to relieve a bit of boredom but it escalated pretty quickly and now I'm behind on my studies...

But oh well, what can you do? Here's the image:
    http://i67.tinypic.com/2qnqcup.jpg
    It's a little rough but I didn't want to put more attention that I was supposed to. I should be studying right about now.
    I didn't want to look at it TOO long since I haven't finished Sun yet. But the little I saw looked pretty good. Thanks for sharing :)

Now for something a little different.
    Here, I'm going back to my pencil sketchy roots in lieu of colouring practice. I just had this itch to draw animal skeletons to figure out how their bodies work, since I've always had trouble trying to picture them.
    Even in humans, I'm still not entirely sure how the shoulder bones connect to the spine.
    So, for a while at least, I'm going to try sketching out animal skeletons to see if I can better figure out how bones are put together.

The horse appears lighter because the bones ended up being bigger than I expected and I had to zoom out a lot.

That's really good...that might be helpful for me because I have a hard time drawing animals myself. Thanks for sharing this :)

After some time, I've decided to practice some more Paint Tool SAI and tried using different techniques than what I'm used to.

I did a practice drawing of a random girl. You might notice the clothes and her body seem to have different line styles. That's cause I wanted to experiment and see how much better the pen tool would be.
    It's quite a bit better, but really tedious to use.
    I also tried using cel shading, which I've never really tried before (I've only ever been trained in the art of soft shading...also, non-digital art). I think it turned out rather well.

With that, I decided to draw something entirely using these new techniques I adopted. Here's Shovel Knight.

I can get used to this.

After experimenting a bit with brush styles and layers, I've managed to achieve a style I'm somewhat satisfied with for glowing souls. Also, I like Undertale, so I wanted to draw something for it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information