+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 2100

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Quote Originally Posted by kanji_xiii View Post
    Damn, I was worried I hadn't heard any news on the 4th/5th voyages and now I know there are delays.

Started watching the dub with my 6yo and it's taken us a little over 12 months to reach MarineFord.

At our current pace we'll be finished Fishman Island by Easter, but it doesn't sound as though the dub will be ready by then.

Looks like we may need to slow down to weekly episodes from the start of the timeskip. That means it will take us the entirety of 2018 to reach Punk Hazard!! That should buy us some time until Season 10 comes!!

We can at least progress with the digitally colored manga scans. The translation of that is already one third into Dressrosa
    Cool that your six-year-old sibling is watching One Piece with you. If the little one is causing trouble? Force em to watch the 4Kids dub as punishment! lol
    But, how, can I exist within the midst of this? But, how, can I admit that I would quit on you? Missio - Can I Exist

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

Could the rights to opening "Hands Up" be effecting the release schedule? Perhaps Funimation is fighting to be able to include it on the DVDs (as most of you know it wasn't originally in the simulcast episodes when they aired, but it is there now)
    I don't know, obviously I hope it's not true, but the delay is making me suspicious as to whether this is an actual issue / reason

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik Dynomite View Post
    Could the rights to opening "Hands Up" be effecting the release schedule? Perhaps Funimation is fighting to be able to include it on the DVDs (as most of you know it wasn't originally in the simulcast episodes when they aired, but it is there now)
    I don't know, obviously I hope it's not true, but the delay is making me suspicious as to whether this is an actual issue / reason
    Oh, gosh. I forgot about that headache. Who the hell knows what the hold up is. Wish there was a way to ask Funimation and have them actually answer? Can someone tweet them? I don't have Twitter.

I marathoned the flashback episodes. Otohime drunk on a loud speaker was the best part of the arc, imo. I was way more sympathetic to her death than Tiger's. My girlfriend was pissed when it happened because literally her first scene was about dodging bullets. Maybe Otohime has to be paying attention to dodge the bullet? The fire and emotional loss of the papers distracted her observation haki? That was my part-b/s answer to how she died.

Here's to making those last six or so episodes last three months... Madman rationing over here. I assume Hody's voice doesn't change at all when he hulks out, does it?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Started watching the dub with my 6yo and it's taken us a little over 12 months to reach MarineFord.

We can at least progress with the digitally colored manga scans. The translation of that is already one third into Dressrosa
    Your six year old is reading the manga? Cool. Not to violent for him? Guess you don't mind the occasional cursing, eh?

Also, I wish VIZ would publish omnibi of the colored version. I'd buy the whole series over.

Funky Cold Merienda! kanji_xiii's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Your six year old is reading the manga? Cool. Not to violent for him? Guess you don't mind the occasional cursing, eh?

Also, I wish VIZ would publish omnibi of the colored version. I'd buy the whole series over.
    It's actually my daughter and she's been watching PG-13 rated movies with us like the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe collection, etc. so One Piece doesn't come across as violent in comparison.

I still skip the blatant curse words in the scanlation, but she already knows most of them and understands not to use them.

My nephews 10 and I've also got him into the series, but he's a purest and will only read the b&w manga in physical books, lol. Crazy huh? So far he's only at vol.12.

SAILING AGAIN FOR THE NEW WORLD

i like john cena and randy playercena5241's Avatar

VERY COOL that your neff supports the officail release.

NEVER GIVE UP.
    STRAGHT EDGE MEANS I BETTER THAN U.

Yeah! Good for your nephew. I can't tell you how many friends I have who love manga and anime yet have never bought any anime/manga official releases or merchandise. So rude.

Solicitations coming soon? Man, if the next set isn't announced, that'll be nuts.

Funky Cold Merienda! kanji_xiii's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Solicitations coming soon? Man, if the next set isn't announced, that'll be nuts.
    Weren't the February Funimation solicitations already announced last week? Still no One Piece. Guess we're looking at March for 4th Voyage now :(

https://fandompost.vbulletin.net/for...-solicitations

SAILING AGAIN FOR THE NEW WORLD

Weren't the February Funimation solicitations already announced last week? Still no One Piece. Guess we're looking at March for 4th Voyage now :(

No. That isn’t the final list. Sometimes WTK just gets his hands on some early.

I exist...I guess....

No, the full solicitations for the month won't be put up until around the 15th. It will be initially put up here:

https://www.funimation.com/shop/pre-orders/

Funimation's February releases are out. There is no new One Piece release.

Very very odd. Not super concerning yet, but if it doesn't show up in March then something is up. Glad Dragon Ball Super is finally getting another set though. I know it has to stay behind the Toonami airing, but it's still frustratingly slow.

I'm not too worry about it since just started working on Punk Hazard recently. I rather they take their time on the show.

This is very concerning, i am really hoping this is not the result of poor sales or anything of the sort

Daniel Baugh was recording pick ups last month for Jimbei, so Fishman Island is still being cleaned up

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by AceLuffy4ever View Post
    This is very concerning, i am really hoping this is not the result of poor sales or anything of the sort
    Stop worrying, the dub is always going to continue

Pretty mad about this. High hopes, but I’m praying they release episodes in the meantime on their streaming service.

So our mid Season 9 delay continues, I'd say at this rate just skip March and go for April and a 6 month release schedule

This isn't a big deal for the release of the series. We have longer wait for voyages all the way back in Season 1. Which we had a 5 month wait between Season 1, Voyage 2 and Season 1, Voyage 3.

Yeah, it is pretty frustrating to say the least. I know we'd never be caught up to the Japanese episodes, but at least with a new set every 2 months we were making so headway on catching up. Now 4 months later and still no new set (where as one should have been released in December and another in February) it seems like we are moving further behind again. It is probably just wishful thinking, but it would be nice if FUNimation releases two new sets in one month (sort of like they did for Season 6, Voyage 1 and 2) when they start releasing them again.
    DPNZ - Now known as MythicalFangNZ (MFNZ - would would be a very wrong way of abbreviating my Username)
    To see all the Anime I currently own on DVD - http://mythicalfangnz.dvdaf.com/owned

This is really bizarre and upsetting.
    I would like to be optimistic and think that the reason for the delay was because they're busy dubbing some of the older movies or specials...or even that Project Dawn game.
    If that were the reason, I wouldn't be upset with a four-month wait.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information