+ Reply to Thread
Page 109 of 128 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 2549

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Duuuude

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

I think they're using Tamate Box.

Solicits up on Mon or Tues. Cross your fingers.
    Last edited by Zephray; January 13th, 2018 at 04:36 PM.

I'm hoping they translate Baron Tamago to "Egg Baron" or else the jokes with his transformation won't make sense.

Duuuude

Maybe if lip flaps or off-camera speech allow, they could call him, "The Egg Baron, Baron Tamago" just so they get the reference.

Gawwwwwwwwd, this wait is killing me!

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Solicits up on Mon or Tues. Cross your fingers.
    Would be nice, but knowing FUNi, voyage 5 isn't coming till the summer with their current schedule lol

i am only saying this hoping I can be proven wrong and funi actual does solicit the next set
    I made this terrible username 8 years ago!

A man can wish. A man can pray.

Funky Cold Merienda! kanji_xiii's Avatar

Not the final list, but no sign of 5th Voyage yet: https://fandompost.vbulletin.net/for...-solicitations

I imagine it's coming in May. I just hope Funi don't think they have an excuse for a long break before starting Punk Hazard!!

My daughter and I have put the New World arc of OP on hold for the time being until it catches up a bit. We'll start watching weekly again.

She's more interested in Dragon Ball now anyway! Got her watching the original from the start! She loves it!

SAILING AGAIN FOR THE NEW WORLD

Quote Originally Posted by kanji_xiii View Post
    Not the final list, but no sign of 5th Voyage yet: https://fandompost.vbulletin.net/for...-solicitations

I imagine it's coming in May. I just hope Funi don't think they have an excuse for a long break before starting Punk Hazard!!

My daughter and I have put the New World arc of OP on hold for the time being until it catches up a bit. We'll start watching weekly again.

She's more interested in Dragon Ball now anyway! Got her watching the original from the start! She loves it!
    I feel especially sad for you guys who just watch the dub, I know that must suck having to deal with FUNi's irrational schedule at times.
    I made this terrible username 8 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Shakidna_ View Post
    I'm hoping they translate Baron Tamago to "Egg Baron" or else the jokes with his transformation won't make sense.
    I'm pretty sure they're going to stick with Tamago, like it is in the manga and the subs. But then again, I was sure they would use "Conqueror's Haki" but we ended up with "Conqueror's Spirit".
    As for the jokes, they would still be pretty apparent. No one needs to be familiar with Japanese to put 2 and 2 together that Hiyoko might mean "chick" and Niwatori might mean "chicken".

Funky Cold Merienda! kanji_xiii's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LUFFY#1 fan View Post
    I feel especially sad for you guys who just watch the dub, I know that must suck having to deal with FUNi's irrational schedule at times.
    It's really just my daughter who gets frustrated. She's only 6 so has a very hard time reading subtitles unless you pause every time someone speaks! XD That's why we had to drop Toriko after 50 episodes..........

I watch the sub, so i'm 300 episodes ahead of her. At the pace Funi's going she'll be reading the subs long before the dub ever catches up!! XD I think we worked it out that she'll be 12 by the time they finish dubbing Whole Cake Island!! lol

SAILING AGAIN FOR THE NEW WORLD

Nothing for April. Damnit. I was hoping they’d speed up a little to make up for the hiatus.

I figure we probably won't have any One Piece in April. Since Season 9, Voyage 4 is coming out right at the end of the March.

I mean, they have a six to eight week schedule usually.

I can't really buy anymore DVDs right now, so I'm fine with this break. I'm eager for Punk Hazard, and new voices for a certain someone, but I got bigger fish to fry right now.

And I do need to get the 3rd Voyage of the Fishman Island. Where, exactly does that end, if someone won't mind telling me.
    One Piece: A story about a band of pirates calling themselves "Nakama" on a hunt for a legendary treasure. A story that teaches important values of friendship, and this is why I really got into the story. I have fallen in love with Nico Robin, she is everything that I ever was.

Season 9, Voyage 3 ends at episode 552 the point of Jimbei and Shirahoshi being captured by Hordy and his crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Sano View Post
    Season 9, Voyage 3 ends at episode 552 the point of Jimbei and Shirahoshi being captured by Hordy and his crew.
    (I dunno how to do spoilers, but everyone prolly knows this, so I'll ask)

Is Hordy's transformation included in Voyage 3?
    One Piece: A story about a band of pirates calling themselves "Nakama" on a hunt for a legendary treasure. A story that teaches important values of friendship, and this is why I really got into the story. I have fallen in love with Nico Robin, she is everything that I ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by churlyryan View Post
    (I dunno how to do spoilers, but everyone prolly knows this, so I'll ask)

Is Hordy's transformation included in Voyage 3?
    Yes, it's on Season 9, Voyage 3.

I exist...I guess....

I have next to nothing to say about that lackluster trailer.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

But it does bum me out that they stopped counting the numbers in the set. It was always good for me to see brief images of each episode because I forget how much the set covers otherwise.

That trailer is proof that the only thing somewhat appealing from the coming episodes is action scenes. They probably couldn't find much else to try to sell the set.

Some parts of the arc are good IMO, but some of the episodes coming up I'm not a big fan of. Since my financial situation is dicey atm I'll have to wait a few sets I think before preordering again and maybe just watch clips people post or on the website.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information