+ Reply to Thread
Page 113 of 113 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113
Results 2,241 to 2,258 of 2258

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Tatum was Joel's last session, so I'm guessing that he's either Kin'emon or Vergo: https://twitter.com/AtYes2Ats/status/963900020914360320

I am glad to see another voyage in May, if we can get one every other month at least, I'll be happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    It's probably too much to hope for, but I want all of Punk Hazard sets to release this year.

I would also like it if we breezed through episodes at an "arc per year" pace. I don't remember if it was Joel or Josh or Mike who mentioned a while ago that they had the DVD release schedule planned out all the way to 2020.
    I wonder how much the delays have changed their projections.
    I'd love this to be the case, but I'm not expecting much. It really dreads me to think how long it'll take to get through the dressrosa arc in the dub with how long it is. FUNi has really gotta consider speeding things up.
    I made this terrible username 8 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatCaptainUsopp View Post
    Tatum was Joel's last session, so I'm guessing that he's either Kin'emon or Vergo: https://twitter.com/AtYes2Ats/status/963900020914360320
    Don't know if JMT will take on anymore roles in OP, but if he does play either of those, I would prefer him as Vergo. Mostly because aside from Ian Sinclair, JMT has dubbed over Junichi Suwabe the most times. If he doesn't play Vergo, I want Kaiji Tang.

I wonder if Mike will be the Main OP director again, or if it'll be someone else, and who? Do any of the directors from Seasons 1-3 still work for FUNimation? (other than Mike obviously) IIRC since season four it's been Mike and Joel exclusively, aside from a single voyage directed by Jerry Jewell. It's kind of sad seeing Joel go. It seems like a lot of people have been leaving FUNimation over the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by dpstatic View Post
    I wonder if Mike will be the Main OP director again, or if it'll be someone else, and who? Do any of the directors from Seasons 1-3 still work for FUNimation? (other than Mike obviously) IIRC since season four it's been Mike and Joel exclusively, aside from a single voyage directed by Jerry Jewell. It's kind of sad seeing Joel go. It seems like a lot of people have been leaving FUNimation over the past few years.
    I think most of them do except for Bevins, Scott Sager and Jason Grundy. Mike only has one simuldub show so he'll direct more for sure, but I'm sure that there will be another director assigned to it as well with Jerry Jewell probably being it

Like I said before it's going to be a interesting time for the dub once we get into Punk Hazard with some of these changes.

Something that I find interesting is that Kyle Phillips, a director at FUNi, was tweeting about episode 627 of One Piece a little while ago and he wasn't doing a watch through on his own time or timecoding the show, as that is Michelle Rojas' job, so I'd say that it's likely that he is Joel's replacement because they of course have to watch the episodes through first before directing them: https://twitter.com/KylePhillipsFUN/...6%7Ctwterm%5E0

This lines up because the Breed filler, which episode 627 is a part of, is the start of Season 11 and we know that Joel was working on Punk Hazard which is Season 10

Aha. So if the season scheme holds, they've got the rights to season eleven already too. Probably another reason for the delay. So many reasons; which one could it be?

I just assumed Jerry Jewel would take more episodes. Surprising to hear someone else is. What else has Kyle Philips done?

And Tatum for Vergo sounds good; he would be a fine Kinemon too. I nearly forgot that we get Kinemon and Momo this arc. Cesar took over my thoughts, I guess.

Funky Cold Merienda! kanji_xiii's Avatar

Sweet. A May release was pretty much expected, but nice to have it confirmed.

At least my daughter can finish watching Fishman Island now! I'm more concerned about Punk Hazard starting in July, or if we get another break.

Plus some speculating that is could run 5 voyages, that would be criminal!! If Ceasar Retrieval Arc is considered Season 11 by Funi then hopefully it means we can see Ep 575-625 (50 episodes when you minus 590 - Toriko SP)

That's only 3 x 13 ep's and 1 x 11 eps.. I think that's doable and hopefully for Jul/Sep/Nov/Jan with no breaks!!

With the pacing as it is, if Dressrosa starts in Mar 2019 it's going to run to Sep 2020.

Month Ep Ep Arc
    Jun-17 517 528 Return to Sabaody
    Aug-17 529 540 Fishman Island
    Oct-17 541 552 Fishman Island
    Mar-18 553 - 563 Fishman Island
    May-18 564 - 574 Fishman Island
    Jul-18 575 - 587 Punk Hazard
    Sep-18 588 - 601 Punk Hazard
    Nov-18 602 - 613 Punk Hazard
    Jan-19 614 - 625 Punk Hazard
    Mar-19 626 - 638 Dressrosa
    May-19 639 - 650 Dressrosa
    Jul-19 651 - 662 Dressrosa
    Sep-19 663 - 674 Dressrosa
    Nov-19 675 - 686 Dressrosa
    Jan-20 687 - 698 Dressrosa
    Mar-20 699 - 710 Dressrosa
    May-20 711 - 722 Dressrosa
    Jul-20 723 - 734 Dressrosa
    Sep-20 735 - 746 Dressrosa
    Nov-20 747 - 757 Zou
    Jan-21 758 - 768 Zou
    Mar-21 769 - 779 Zou
    May-21 780 - 791 Whole Cake Island
    Jul-21 792 - 803 Whole Cake Island
    Sep-21 804 - 815 Whole Cake Island
    Nov-21 816 - 827 Whole Cake Island
    Jan-22 828 - 839 Whole Cake Island
    Mar-22 840 - 851 Whole Cake Island
    May-22 852 - 863 Whole Cake Island
    Jul-22 864 - 875 Whole Cake Island
    Sep-22 876 - 887 Whole Cake Island
    Nov-22 888 - 899 Whole Cake Island

SAILING AGAIN FOR THE NEW WORLD

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Aha. So if the season scheme holds, they've got the rights to season eleven already too. Probably another reason for the delay. So many reasons; which one could it be?

I just assumed Jerry Jewel would take more episodes. Surprising to hear someone else is. What else has Kyle Philips done?

And Tatum for Vergo sounds good; he would be a fine Kinemon too. I nearly forgot that we get Kinemon and Momo this arc. Cesar took over my thoughts, I guess.
    FUNi kind of silently acquired Seasons 9-11 two years ago so they definitley have 11 licensed for dubbing and home video

FUNi kind of silently acquired Seasons 9-11 two years ago so they definitley have 11 licensed for dubbing and home video http://www.onepiecepodcast.com/wp-co...6-1140x468.jpg
    I remember that, but I think we brushed it off as not credible. That they were just listing seasons as they simul-subbed them, but those seasons weren't in any way confirmed for the dub.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Actually, finishing Dressrosa in 2020 doesn't sound so bad; I thought it would be longer. But I do hope they speed up the release schedule for that arc (even though they most likely won't). Dressrosa is one of my least favorite arcs, and it's so freaking long.

Does anyone remember the moment that Joel mentions here and if it's in Punk Hazard: https://youtu.be/nl33BnvjBH0?t=8m25s

Joel left to go work at Gearbox it seems, so he'll still be in town to play Kuma and the other Pacifistas when they show up next

FUNimation put out this tweet earlier. It's probably not very noteworthy since it's obviously a mistake (should be voyage four, not voyage five), but I thought I'd put it here anyways.

They like to mess up with OP tweets. They even linked voyage five, but it is almost definitely a mistake because the date they're hyping is voyage four's date.

30 days! I thought that shit was supposed to be on their the same day as release. (Funimation now)

Quote Originally Posted by ARC-1300 View Post
    30 days! I thought that shit was supposed to be on their the same day as release. (Funimation now)
    It is going to be on FUNiNow on the same day, they were talking about Season 9 Voyage 4

It is going to be on FUNiNow on the same day, they were talking about Season 9 Voyage 4
    Oops. Silly me. Well Iíll leave my comment up in any case.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information