+ Reply to Thread
Page 128 of 128 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128
Results 2,541 to 2,554 of 2554

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

There are a few titles that have populated that weren't on the pre-announced list, so... maybe.

November it is then

Duuuude

One Piece's anniversary is coming up in a few days. Perhaps FUNi is waiting to announce something special on that day.

Quote Originally Posted by G1Ravage View Post
    One Piece's anniversary is coming up in a few days. Perhaps FUNi is waiting to announce something special on that day.
    Yeah, I wouldn't get your hopes up on this.

So regarding this tweet by Kyle Phillips which went up last year, episode 627 should be a part of the 11th season (Dressrosa) according to the listing on Funimation's website.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffy View Post
    it seems pretty obvious that's the issue based on everything we know about the use of this particular intro
    We have the Punk Hazard arc here in Germany, so it's clearly not a particularly hard issue to solve.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Quote Originally Posted by MarcelloF View Post
    We have the Punk Hazard arc here in Germany, so it's clearly not a particularly hard issue to solve.
    Uhh but we didn't get Hands Up. They kept We Go as the opening title for the whole arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
    Uhh but we didn't get Hands Up. They kept We Go as the opening title for the whole arc.
    Yes, so like I said, there's a solution.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Quote Originally Posted by MarcelloF View Post
    Yes, so like I said, there's a solution.
    You mean skipping the opening in the Funi Dub, too? True that would avoid the licensing issue (if that is in fact the problem), but I feel like Funimation is a lot more adamant about keeping all of the original openings for the dub than the producers of the German dub ever were. Hands Up isn't the first opening that has been skipped for us, after all; Believe, Share the World and Fight Together were left out for no good reason, too.

What I'm saying is: I agree that it is not a hard issue to solve if the people in charge are rather lenient about licensing all openings anyway, but as I said, I think Funimation would definitely prefer to not skip one.

I wonder why it takes so long to sort out, honestly.

...still wish we got dubbed songs. Would’ve loved to have kokoro no chizu dubbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
    You mean skipping the opening in the Funi Dub, too? True that would avoid the licensing issue (if that is in fact the problem), but I feel like Funimation is a lot more adamant about keeping all of the original openings for the dub than the producers of the German dub ever were. Hands Up isn't the first opening that has been skipped for us, after all; Believe, Share the World and Fight Together were left out for no good reason, too.

What I'm saying is: I agree that it is not a hard issue to solve if the people in charge are rather lenient about licensing all openings anyway, but as I said, I think Funimation would definitely prefer to not skip one.
    We keeping assuming the specific problem is Hands Up. Honestly since the Crunchyroll stream was (more or less) eventually able to clear it for streaming right I can't imagine it being THAT much of a problem for Funimation. Of more of the mind that Funimation is in another renegotiation period for One Piece's contract in general. They seem to have this every few years after releasing a set of episodes. The current division with this pattern was
    1. Seasons 1-3, Wii game and Movie 8
    2. Seasons 4-5 and Movie 10
    3. Seasons 6-8 and Movie 12
    4. Season 9, Movie 13 and Film Gold
    I'm not to sure about the last two but it seems Funi's current pattern is to release an "arc" of episodes along with a movie before we have a brief break in the release schedule.
    Check out my artwork and my musings here:
    http://o-chan30.blogspot.com/
    http://ochan28.deviantart.com/

Just looking at that list, though, it seems to reveal that this break came sooner than usual. It’s usually a few seasons are released before a big break, but the last one we had just a single season. Not only that, but we also had a considerable break mid season nine.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I mean, they’ve dubbed the next five sets worth of episodes. So they’re not taking a break because they haven’t dubbed it yet. The break is clearly due to some sort of hold up. Be it the theme song or Blu-ray rights. Hopefully the latter, but probably the former. No one is saying with absolute certainty what it is, but yeah, it’s a safe assumption that it’s the song since it’s a known problem for everyone.

Its not even that good of a song
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

If news were to come out of SDCC, when would it come?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information