+ Reply to Thread
Page 137 of 143 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,740 of 2842

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Slappy402 View Post
    This is very true too. That dub was the worst kept secret in the world.
    Could it even be called a secret when everything DB gets dubbed anyway? ( some small exceptions of course )

Quote Originally Posted by ARC-1300 View Post
    Could it even be called a secret when everything DB gets dubbed anyway? ( some small exceptions of course )
    Yes and no. Kai was such a weird situation, nothing about it was ever cut and dry (the plagiarism incident, it getting cancelled and then coming back, the Japanese cut of the Buu Saga having a completely different episode count, etc.).

You can make the argument that it was eventually going to get dubbed, but as far as what shape/form we really weren't sure.

I got Fishman Island DVDs up to the beginning of the Flashback.

I've been wanting to buy the DVDs this year, but man, its not worth it to me yet until Punk Hazard is out because I gotta purchase at least 3 or so because I import DVDs through Amazon. Its cheaper in the long run for me if I do it that way because I live on an island in the Atlantic Ocean.

But whatever. At least the Super Sentai DVD's are coming out at a quick pace consistently. Jetman!
    Donquixote Rosinante deserved what happened. He was a liar and a traitor. I hate when characters betray, even if its happening on the villains side.

Why does this show always go on hiatus immediately after bad arcs and before good arcs? I don't like Skypeia and Fishmen Island, and we got a hiatus after each one. I love Water 7 and Punk Hazard, and we got a hiatus before each one. Booooo.
    Last edited by Zephray; October 11th, 2018 at 08:35 AM.

Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Why does this show always go on hiatus immediately after back arcs and before good arcs? I don't like Skypeia and Fishmen Island, and we got a hiatus after each one. I love Water 7 and Punk Hazard, and we got a hiatus before each one. Booooo.
    Probably because they are catching up with Japan releases now? They aren't going to release stuff in America that isn't out in Japan yet.

Again I say relax people. We know they are working on it.

Have they made an official announcement? No

Have people who work on they show implied that we shouldn't be worried? Yes

FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

As we keep saying, it isn’t about being unsure of OP’s future. It’s about being irritated by the potentially year-long break.

As we keep saying, it isn’t about being unsure of OP’s future. It’s about being irritated by the potentially year-long break.
    Well that just gives you more time to save your pennies for the new voyages/collections. Or even buy other anime in the meantime.

Or even buy some.....dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooughtnuts!!!!! Oh! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUGHNUTS!!!!!

Other anime? There isn’t any. It’s all smut these days.

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

Hey, don't diss smut!

Funky Cold Merienda! kanji_xiii's Avatar

There are still a good few new animes out, but nothing dubbed as far as I can tell.

I'm personally a fan of fighting animes, so the new Baki, Jojo Part5: Golden Wind, Fist of the Blue Sky and Attack On Titan are all currently airing, which is keeping me busy!

Nothing beats One Piece though!

SAILING AGAIN FOR THE NEW WORLD

Quote Originally Posted by kanji_xiii View Post
    There are still a good few new animes out, but nothing dubbed as far as I can tell.

I'm personally a fan of fighting animes, so the new Baki, Jojo Part5: Golden Wind, Fist of the Blue Sky and Attack On Titan are all currently airing, which is keeping me busy!

Nothing beats One Piece though!
    And if there is nothing new, I'm sure there are a few missing classics to put on your shelves too.

Why does this show always go on hiatus immediately after bad arcs and before good arcs? I don't like Skypeia and Fishmen Island

Quote Originally Posted by Badass SnoCone View Post
    My personal preference is that fights are boring, and that is not a popular opinion among anime fans. Haha. Skypeia is a tournament in the sky for most of it; I don't like more of Dressrosa for the same reason. But yeah, it's personal preference. Most people are more entertained by manga fights than I am (I find most Marvel movies boring).

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Back to topic: if Funimation couldn’t announce new OP last weekend, I sincerely doubt it’ll be on the January solicits. If it was that close, they could’ve said something about it. But we’ll find out Monday or Tuesday for sure.

I remember ages ago reading a tweet from someone (I think it was an executive or someone) saying they'd just left Funimation, and the project they're working on would be SUUUUPEEEERRRRR! Like Franky would say. I thought nothing of it at the time, but now, I've begun to think he was referring to One Piece, and they would record all of PH and DressRosa before rolling the episodes out as soon as possible. The fact they've only given us 33 episodes this year, does seem to indicate that it has been very deliberate, and they even allowed the collections to catch up so fast, is because they intend to move forward with more episodes at a time. I do own a lot of voyages, and some collections, and I don't mind what they do - but collections bi monthly next year would be great. They've allegedly dubbed Punk Hazard last year, so the fact they've only released FI this year would suggest it has been a project of theirs to blast through both Arcs and mix them ready for release next year. One more voyage, then switch to collections.
    What I would say is that Colleen, who now also directs MHA, has a big workload, so that could be another reason as to why the releases have slowed. If they can increase the collections number of episodes moving forward, even if they slightly higher the price, we may get through to the end of DressRosa by the end of 2019.
    Last edited by Luffy_80; October 13th, 2018 at 04:54 PM.

Boy are you optimistic.

Yeah thats a lot of wishful thinking, i honestly would be ok with them releasing collection sized episodes Quarterly

Quote Originally Posted by AceLuffy4ever View Post
    Yeah thats a lot of wishful thinking, i honestly would be ok with them releasing collection sized episodes Quarterly
    That'd be fine. It's more than we're getting now, or last year. I'll be happy if we get through Punk Hazard in 2019, let alone reach Dressrosa.

One Piece 3D2Y Overcoming Ace's Death! Blu-Ray/DVD Coming Jan 22, 2019. Thus it begins, first month of 2019 with a new One Piece release at least.

https://www.rightstufanime.com/One-P...th-Blu-ray-DVD
    Last edited by DPNZ; October 15th, 2018 at 02:44 PM.
    DPNZ - Now known as MythicalFangNZ (MFNZ - would would be a very wrong way of abbreviating my Username)
    To see all the Anime I currently own on DVD - http://mythicalfangnz.dvdaf.com/owned

A least 3D2Y is better then nothing. And I thought it was a great special in my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information