+ Reply to Thread
Page 146 of 160 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 144 145 146 147 148 156 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,920 of 3184

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

All I can say at this point is, it'll happen when it happens I guess. I'll just continue enjoying the sub and hope the dub continues at some point. As usual One Piece fans get to be third wheel to every other more popular series in the states.

I don’t have Twitter. Can someone tweet mike and Colleen to ask them what’s going on and if it’ll come back soon?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I can understand a show going on hiatus for six or seven months every so often, but a year is just crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by G1Ravage View Post
    I read a few days ago on Patrick Seitz's Twitter that, while he has many friends who work at FUNimation, it seems his relationship with FUNimation as a company has soured. Something stemming from him and some others no longer being hired for their script writing after Space Dandy concluded, which is when Simuldubs suddenly took off. He further stated that his writing skills were getting plenty of use in Los Angeles.

I certainly don't want to assume the worst, but what if he's no longer doing any dubbing for FUNimation, either? Perhaps losing him as Franky is what's causing this delay....

https://twitter.com/Seitz_Unseen/status/1081309421345501184

N
    ah, can't be it. He's dubbing My Hero Academia, isn't he? And that's recent material....
    Hey, Patrick ... if simuldubs is what's costing us new seasons of One Piece I'm disliking them now as well!

Wow... Hmm man, that sucks to hear. This raises more and more suspicion that things have been taking a negative turn after the rights to FUNi were bought out recently by...Sony, was it? And yes, the idea of simuldubs is a good thing but I have to say it's caused a lot of problems as well.

Is there any news regarding the release of the Film Gold DVD/Blu-Ray in the UK? As far as I know it has been released in the US, and as the UK edition uses the same dubbing and whatnot, I can't understand the reason for the delay. I feel like if there is no news or release this year, it won't ever happen - which is an immense shame, as I love the recent One Piece films for their vibrancy and entertainment value

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Is there any news regarding the release of the Film Gold DVD/Blu-Ray in the UK? As far as I know it has been released in the US, and as the UK edition uses the same dubbing and whatnot, I can't understand the reason for the delay. I feel like if there is no news or release this year, it won't ever happen - which is an immense shame, as I love the recent One Piece films for their vibrancy and entertainment value
    I asked them very recently if there is any word on it, they said no.

Isn’t it about time for an Episode of Sabo trailer? Where would they post that?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/voi...assment.94896/

You know, its probably for the best that Funimation changes the voice of Sabo.

Is it bad that despite being gay, Im happy that it wasnt over sexual assault?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Monkey D. View Post
    https://www.resetera.com/threads/voi...assment.94896/

You know, its probably for the best that Funimation changes the voice of Sabo.
    This isn't really surprising to me. Since I been hearing rumors about this for a couple years now.

For a long time now here has been a dark cloud always following this guy as rumor after rumor emerges but what i want to know is all of this just now coming back up because his name being back in spotlight due to the Broly movie

We’ll see if anything happens related to One Piece. Not to get political, but I would hope there would be at least a little proof in order for them to fire him. And if he is guilty of any of these things, that’s a real shame.

I hate to go against the grain here, but unless evidence actually comes out about him doing something illegal or overly creepy, I don't think he should lose his job. Being overly affectionate is yards different from being molested, I'm sorry. These Metoo crusades have gotten way out of hand, with cases being made with shakey evidence and fueled by personal vendettas. Seriously, go after the real bad guys, like Weinstein and Cosby, and don't mar the message by turning it into some sort of smear campaign (unfortunately I think we're well past that tipping point, I'm afraid). Being creepy, social awkward, or having unpopular beliefs, though not ideal, should not get you fired or ruined. At some point you gotta separate the art from the artist, and just let it go.

My one addendum to what I said earlier is that if rumors have been occurring for literally years among different people, there’s probably something to them—and hopefully proof to back at least one or two of them.

It’s all a shame. I loved the dubbed songs he sang for OP, and I’ve been excited to hear him more as Sabo.

Oh, hey. I spent like two minutes looking for evidence and found plenty of pictures of him kissing underage girls without their knowledge beforehand. That’s pretty gross, though who knows if that’s enough to get him fired and blacklisted.

Quote Originally Posted by wjbraden View Post
    I hate to go against the grain here, but unless evidence actually comes out about him doing something illegal or overly creepy, I don't think he should lose his job.
    Depends on what you personally consider "overly creepy." Him kissing underage girls--total strangers--on the cheek without clearing it with them beforehand, well, that probably qualifies as "overly creepy." Whether he should be blacklisted from a career he's spent decades in is another story; a punishment needs to fit the crime, and it's not up to us fans to decide if he's done enough creepy shit to get him blacklisted. Ultimately, that's the job or judges or the private company (but of course, the fans can pressure the private company to get what they want). This stuff is all more complicated than Twitter gives it credit for. But boiled down, if he did something bad, he should probably be punished for it somehow (whether that means no more invites to conventions or being totally blacklisted is up to people above my paygrade, so to speak).
    Last edited by Zephray; January 22nd, 2019 at 10:24 AM.

Special is out today. Anyone watch it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Special is out today. Anyone watch it yet?
    Probably won't buy it till episode of sabo comes out and just do a binge watch.
    I made this terrible username 8 years ago!

I’m more excited for Sabo, but looking forward to watching this tonight. It’ll feel good to watch dubbed OP again. Never though the hiatus would last over a year.

Duuuude

My copy just came. Time to watch!!!

No voice replacements in this release. This was clearly dubbed before Ed Blaylock passed away. Julie Erickson is Tsuru, John Swasey reprises Brandnew, and they brought John Gremillion in to say a couple of words as Mihawk. lol

The special was directed by Joel McDonald.

New voices for characters introduced in the special:

World - Greg Carson
    Byojack - J. Paul Slavens
    Nightin - Judy Keith
    Sebastian - Brian Barber
    Gairam - Alan Ayo

Presentation notes: The footage was left as-is. The Japanese logo was left in, as was all Japanese text on screen. Only the ending credits were replaced with English text. I wonder why they aren't more consistent with this stuff. Maybe the specials and movies have different rules. *shrug*

No extras of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Depends on what you personally consider "overly creepy." Him kissing underage girls--total strangers--on the cheek without clearing it with them beforehand, well, that probably qualifies as "overly creepy." Whether he should be blacklisted from a career he's spent decades in is another story; a punishment needs to fit the crime, and it's not up to us fans to decide if he's done enough creepy shit to get him blacklisted. Ultimately, that's the job or judges or the private company (but of course, the fans can pressure the private company to get what they want). This stuff is all more complicated than Twitter gives it credit for. But boiled down, if he did something bad, he should probably be punished for it somehow (whether that means no more invites to conventions or being totally blacklisted is up to people above my paygrade, so to speak).
    Hard to say though if they really did consent or not though, he does have a lot of younger fans who were and still are crazy about him because of characters he's voiced. But I digress, I don't want to get too far off topic here.

Quote Originally Posted by G1Ravage View Post

Presentation notes: The footage was left as-is. The Japanese logo was left in, as was all Japanese text on screen. Only the ending credits were replaced with English text. I wonder why they aren't more consistent with this stuff. Maybe the specials and movies have different rules. *shrug*

No extras of any kind.
    Was the logo unchanged for Film Gold's special, I can't remember off hand now.

Watched it. Meh on all fronts. I've never seen this special before, but I liked it less than Nebulandia and certainly Heart of Gold, which I think is the best special so far. It just feels all to typical/standard and therefore boring. Some B-characters get kidnapped and Luffy has to fight through three rounds of generic enemies to get them back--but of course, only after getting easily beaten once or twice by the boss. Nothing too different really happened here, and the overall plot (let's kidnap a shichibukai and blow up HQ maybe eventually) was half-baked and underwhelming. They tried to add Buggy, Mihawk, Hancock, Perona, and a sympathetic (?) yet shallow villain to the mix to liven it up, but most of those feel tacked-on. Buggy doesn't do much; MiHawk certainly doesn't. It was nice to have them there, though--better than just Luffy and Hancock.

And I can better articulate why Joel suffers as director. Many of the lines feel like first takes; I'm willing to bet he didn't ask his actors to try again very often. This is fine for veterans like Colleen, but it suffers with some of the newer cast members, and there isn't always quite enough (or the right) emotion behind line deliveries; I would've pushed many of these actors for more emotion (god, I wish I could direct anime). I was also under-enthused by World's brother's performance--it felt like he was trying to focus on reading a lot of dialogue quickly rather than giving a performance. Needed more practice and takes to help that actor get it right (might not be his fault as much as Joel's for not giving him enough takes to get down the lines). The main problem with Joel is that he doesn't push the actors to convey enough emotion; I never feel gripped or emotional about episodes/movies he directs. I'd say I'm happy he's gone and Mike is replacing him, but it's probably because he's gone that Funimation is too understaffed to make more OP. And certainly I'd rather than Joel-directed OP than none at all...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information