+ Reply to Thread
Page 199 of 224 FirstFirst ... 99 149 189 197 198 199 200 201 209 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,980 of 4464

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Quote Originally Posted by G1Ravage View Post
    Episode of East Blue has shipped. Arriving on Friday, September 27 for me.
    I went with Amazon—tired of how unreliable rightstuf and Funimation.com are; Tuesday delivery here. Will probably watch the documentary first and report here if it says anything of note.

I’ve been rewatching the movies lately to tie me over. Watching Strong World now and I’m pretty convinced the actor who plays Shiki is the best actor ever on this show. Unconventional line delivery, convincing accent, knowing exactly when to hype a line, and just all around great acting. I could listen to this guy all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    I’ve been rewatching the movies lately to tie me over. Watching Strong World now and I’m pretty convinced the actor who plays Shiki is the best actor ever on this show. Unconventional line delivery, convincing accent, knowing exactly when to hype a line, and just all around great acting. I could listen to this guy all day.
    Scott McNeil is a treasure, that's for sure.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Everyone’s favorite character voice? Shiki’s mine.

Just got Episode of East blue in and Kyle Phillips is the ADR Director so, considering that we know this was dubbed this year and that Kyle was supposedly involved with One Piece through a tweet a while back - I think we can say that combined with Zephray's news that Kyle is probably taking over for Joel

Episode of East Blue documentary trailer out on social media. Colleen says in it, "We were able to continue it even longer than we hoped, and now we are hoping to be able to continue it even longer than that."

Duuuude

So who gets recast in this set? Ghin and Nezumi?

On the Stampede Giveaway Contest, it's stated that there will be a premiere for the movie on October 10, 2019 in L.A.
    https://www.funimation.com/blog/one-...-vip-giveaway/

David Matranga is now Ghin and Derick Snow is now Nezumi; oddly enough they still use Vic's We Are for Luffy setting out to sea but still use the new Japanese version as the ED

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatCaptainUsopp View Post
    David Matranga is now Ghin and Derick Snow is now Nezumi; oddly enough they still use Vic's We Are for Luffy setting out to sea but still use the new Japanese version as the ED
    I’m not big on history revision, so I’m glad to hear the original English song, regardless of who sang it. Those the only new voices this release? Will be great to hear everyone again. How was the anniversary documentary, if you watched it?

From the preview of the documentary, Its looks very nice. I might end up getting Episode of East Blue eventually just for the documentary, since I like learning about the behind the scenes stuff.

The documentary was really nice and had quite a lot of FUNi higher ups in it, which to me reinforces that they do intend to continue with the dub. Seeing how much the series means to them all and FUNimation was really nice. Colleen even directed the documentary, its a real labor of love for the series and I'm glad that it gives us the reassurance that the dub will indeed continue. Interesting note is that according to a comment made by a FUNi higher up in it, it seems it was recorded in April of this year so the special was certainly dubbed this year as well.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Regarding the use of Vic's We Are, I was more so surprised that they were even allowed to use it considering that they've had to stick with the Japanese songs since Kokoro no Chizu. Wasn't really surprised that they used Vic's version instead of re-recording it since it was already in the trailer. The script seems to be quite a bit more accurate than the original East Blue dub from when I skimmed through it and Kyle seems like a good ADR Director so I wouldnt mind him going forward alongside Mike. Will watch it in full soon and give my full impressions

I exist...I guess....

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatCaptainUsopp View Post
    Interesting note is that according to a comment made by a FUNi higher up in it, it seems it was recorded in April of this year so the special was certainly dubbed this year as well.
    It was dubbed around May of this year; there are a couple instances of voice actors talking about going in to revisit their characters (ones who were in the special) throughout that month.

Derick Snow voices Shinra in the Fire Force simuldub. He would be a fitting Sabo given the fire power relation of the two characters.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    Derick Snow voices Shinra in the Fire Force simuldub. He would be a fitting Sabo given the fire power relation of the two characters.
    Aaron Dismuke to me also seems like a potential candidate to be Sabo's new voice as well. There a few times in Dr. Stone were Senku sounded like Vic.

Who's the new Yassopp though? I know they didn't bring Scott Freeman back.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawHat96 View Post
    Who's the new Yassopp though? I know they didn't bring Scott Freeman back.
    That's a good question. With Stampede and whenever upcoming new episodes starts coming out, it's going interesting who's going to be the new voices for Sabo, Sengoku, and Blackbeard.

Now, as you may know, I dont actually watch the Funi dub, as much as I support it in spirit here and there to comment and so on. But I watched the last episode dubbed by Funimation and boy its AWESOME. Ian Sinclair's Brook is so heartfelt and warm. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Krupp View Post
    Now, as you may know, I dont actually watch the Funi dub, as much as I support it in spirit here and there to comment and so on. But I watched the last episode dubbed by Funimation and boy its AWESOME. Ian Sinclair's Brook is so heartfelt and warm. I love it.
    There are plenty of great voices outside of Brook’s. Maybe reconsider watching? Definitely watch the movies; just watched Strong World again myself and was impressed all over again.

I love EVERYONE!

I just wanted to gush about Brook. He really deserves all the love!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information