+ Reply to Thread
Page 207 of 208 FirstFirst ... 107 157 197 205 206 207 208 LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,140 of 4147

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Well, if nothing today, I guess we’ll wait for the anniversary. On the tour, one of the people said the plan was for Colleen to announce at NYCC. And in the anniversary documentary she says, “we’re planning to continue for longer still” or something. I quoted it the day it came out but no one really took note. It’s just a question of when, which, you know, is an infuriating question at this point.
    Last edited by Zephray; October 6th, 2019 at 10:52 AM.

Well, January's solicitations are out one week from Tuesday, though they could just not announce S10V1 for a few days and hold off until the 20th. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Well, if nothing today, I guess we’ll wait for the anniversary. On the tour, one of the people said the plan was for Colleen to announce at NYCC. And in the anniversary documentary she says, “we’re planning to continue for longer still” or something. I quoted it the day it came out but no one really took note. It’s just a question of when, which, you know, is an infuriating question at this point.
    Maybe they just wanted to focus the marketing on stampede? I don't know, just trying to think from a PR perspective.
    I made this terrible username 8 years ago!

Well, at least the Ping Pong Manga and the final Steven Universe announcement came out of this NYCC. Not a bust of a convention, but certainly not what I was waiting for. Judging by what I know, I’m going to assume Toei told them to hold off, possibly until the actual anniversary. If the anniversary comes and goes without anything, well, I have no f***ing idea. This season must’ve been tougher to license, for whatever reason—maybe a combination of the difficult song rights and Blu-ray rights?

Duuuude

What a shame. Spent the whole weekend away at a wedding, figuring I'd come home today to some good One Piece news.

Voice actor Jay Hickman is working on One Piece, though I have no idea whether it’s the series or they’re still dubbing Stampede.

https://twitter.com/jayhickmanmd/sta...570382848?s=21

Voice actor Jay Hickman is working on One Piece, though I have no idea whether it’s the series or they’re still dubbing Stampede.

https://twitter.com/jayhickmanmd/sta...570382848?s=21
    That would be nice to think it was, though after looking at the tweet and the comments, there doesn't seem to be any indication to say that this is even One Piece.
    DPNZ - Now known as ShiningDiamond (Yes! That is a JoJo Reference!)
    To see all the Anime I have watched / dropped and planning to watch - https://myanimelist.net/animelist/ShiningDiamond

Quote Originally Posted by DPNZ View Post
    That would be nice to think it was, though after looking at the tweet and the comments, there doesn't seem to be any indication to say that this is even One Piece.
    His response to someone asking if it’s one piece all but states it.

His response to someone asking if it’s one piece all but states it.
    Let's hope it is One Piece then, though I also noticed that reply to a comment with him saying that he neither can confirm not deny it, though if you look down the comments further, someone asked him was it "Special 7:Special Crimes Investigation Unit" or "Stand by Heroes: Piece of Truth" and he also said that he will happily tell as soon as he can. So at this point it could be about anything (Though this is of course just how it reads to me) Here's hoping it is One Piece and here's hoping that it is the series rather than the movie (Though chances are higher for the movie at this point)
    DPNZ - Now known as ShiningDiamond (Yes! That is a JoJo Reference!)
    To see all the Anime I have watched / dropped and planning to watch - https://myanimelist.net/animelist/ShiningDiamond

Well he said “it’s a show that does NOT start with the letter Z”.

Duuuude

It wouldn't really say much. Jay Hickman hasn't voiced anyone regularly other than Choo and Hammond, and there's nothing new to dub for them in Punk Hazard or beyond. So if he was working on One Piece, it'd be a new character.

It's not like one of the One Piece regulars with a potential recurring role is showing excitement over being at FUNimation.

Yeah, but his wording and emoji does enough hinting for me.

If Funimation does announce the series’ return on October 20th, what do you folks think they’ll announce? Blu-ray’s? 24-episode packs? Simuldub? I’m hoping for all of those, but I’ll be happy to get one.

And in terms of episode spread, where does everyone think their new acquisition will end? End of PH, halfway through DR, or at the end of DR? More, even, if they announce a simuldub too?

You have to remember that Season 9, Voyage 5 still haven't been release as an part of a collection yet. It wouldn't make sense to releaase half of a set on dvd only while the other half is bluray only.

Quote Originally Posted by Sano View Post
    It wouldn't make sense to releaase half of a set on dvd only while the other half is bluray only.
    Mixed Blu-ray/DVD releases do exist, even if the situation would be strange one. Failing that, they would just release C24 on DVD, add BDs from C25 and anyone who wants S10V1 in 1080p would just have to buy it separately. Not sure how they'd handle a switch to 'Collection-only' releases, but I also don't think that's particularly likely (DBZ Kai did, but that was a unique situation).

Duuuude

Maybe they'll make the first new Collection with an extra disc thrown in to cover the missing Voyage? People who already watched those episodes on their Voyage can always skip it....

Quote Originally Posted by LostTimeLord View Post
    Mixed Blu-ray/DVD releases do exist, even if the situation would be strange one. Failing that, they would just release C24 on DVD, add BDs from C25 and anyone who wants S10V1 in 1080p would just have to buy it separately. Not sure how they'd handle a switch to 'Collection-only' releases, but I also don't think that's particularly likely (DBZ Kai did, but that was a unique situation).
    For collection-only, they'd probably do DVD only for C24, then switch C25+ to combo packs.

Has there ever been a case where Funimation didn’t release a Blu-ray that was available in Japan? I kind of expect Blu-ray’s since this is where they became available in Japan.

In case everyone forgot, the Hollywood premiere of Stampede (English Subbed) is currently happening. Funimation and the One Piece Podcast have been tweeting about it.

Has there ever been a case where Funimation didn’t release a Blu-ray that was available in Japan? I kind of expect Blu-ray’s since this is where they became available in Japan.
    I'm not sure about that, but just because that's when Japan started doing it doesn't mean Funimation has to follow those rules exactly. There have been exceptions, such as when Funimation released movie 8 on Blu-ray a good year before Japan did, and Funi also released the first 16:9 episodes uncropped in their full aspect ratio before Japan as well.

I'm sure if Funimation really wanted to they could have started releasing the show on Blu-ray as soon as the timeskip happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey D. Luffy View Post
    I'm not sure about that, but just because that's when Japan started doing it doesn't mean Funimation has to follow those rules exactly. There have been exceptions, such as when Funimation released movie 8 on Blu-ray a good year before Japan did, and Funi also released the first 16:9 episodes uncropped in their full aspect ratio before Japan as well.

I'm sure if Funimation really wanted to they could have started releasing the show on Blu-ray as soon as the timeskip happened.
    Interesting. But those are examples of when they did better than Japan, which can’t be expected of them all the time; what I asked was if there were any examples of them doing worse—releasing a DVD without a bluray that Japan had gotten.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information