+ Reply to Thread
Page 217 of 222 FirstFirst ... 117 167 207 215 216 217 218 219 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,340 of 4437

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Another thing we didn’t mention: in addition to DBS being on break, Fairy Tail just ended. So they’ve suddenly got plenty of time to tackle OP.

My confusion is that people keep saying DBS will return soon, but Wikipedia says it ended in 2018. Could someone clarify for me? Obviously, I don’t watch or keep up with that show.
    There is a rumor that the Dragon Ball Super anime could be returning soon to cover the current arc in the manga. Because recently Toei announced that the current Gegege No Kitaro (It's the show that took over Dragon Ball Super's time slot in Japan) anime have entered it's final arc. For right now, just take this as an rumor.

So they’re waiting for a show to be dubbed that hasn’t even been announced yet? Hm. Here’s hoping OP gets a lot of attention before this comes about.

Pretty much that. As much I like enjoy Dragon Ball, It's One Piece time to have some spotlight for it's anniversary.

I’m betting that they will release the PH episodes a week or so after Stampede.

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    I cant wait to hear matt mercer return as law
    I also am excited to hear more from Mercer's rendition of Law, one is because it is a pretty unique interpretation when putting it aside with Kamiya's performance and secondly I just feel like we didn't get enough of him as this character, Stampede and Episode of Sabo aside.

From what I remember Punk Hazard had decent pacing and was pretty good animation wise, so I am looking forward to revisiting those episodes, Dressrosa however is a different story...
    Last edited by Greenness; October 22nd, 2019 at 02:33 PM.

Mercer is probably, for me, the voice that is most perfect for the character in the entire dub. He sounds so exactly how I have in my head.

PH has pretty slow pacing, especially in this first set, but yeah, it’s certainly better pacing than Dressrosa. Just a lot of running with children in tow. My favorite thing about PH is the set of characters. Smoker, Cesar, and Law with a dash of DoFlamingo. Plus Vergo, Momo, and Kinemon.

You know what’s amazing, regards pacing? I was flipping through all the episodes on Funimation Now and remembered that Alabasta was only about 40 episodes. That’s as long as Punk Hazard, though I always think of Alabasta as being a much longer arc. Guess the chapter to episode ratio was double or more back then, so it was literally half as long as it would’ve been if made today. Man, I wish One Pace did the dub.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

The one piece banner on funimation now says, “New dubbed episodes will be arriving soon. In the meantime, keep up with the straw hats with a new subbed episode every Saturday.” Yeah, I’m definitely betting on early to mid November for these to drop. Definitely this year.
    Last edited by Zephray; October 22nd, 2019 at 06:34 PM.

You know what’s amazing, regards pacing? I was flipping through all the episodes on Funimation Now and remembered that Alabasta was only about 40 episodes. That’s as long as Punk Hazard, though I always think of Alabasta as being a much longer arc.
    With the filler included? Holy crap, that is amazing.

Ya know, I do think that there are parts of the manga that have the potential to be expanded and as Wano shown us that is something that could work well, but man I do miss the days where the anime was just able to adapt 2 chapters without worrying about how to keep the manga ahead of schedule.
    Man, I wish One Pace did the dub.
    I was thinking about the same thing.

speaking as someone that does editing, it would probably be pretty annoying for the arcs that have already been finished, but they could do it pretty easily for arcs that have yet to be touched like Alabasta(layering both sub and dub sound channels on top of each other and then releasing them seperatly), but it's up to them, they're already doing a lot for this community using free time so I can totally understand why they would want to discard the Dub for the bigger picture.
    Last edited by Greenness; October 23rd, 2019 at 05:08 AM.

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

Man, I wish One Pace did the dub.
    Someone actually just posted essentially a One Pace Dub on Reddit a few days ago, haven't watched it yet, but probably pretty good

https://old.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/co...ommending_the/

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik Dynomite View Post
    Someone actually just posted essentially a One Pace Dub on Reddit a few days ago, haven't watched it yet, but probably pretty good

My dreams have come true. Thank you! Now I have a less abrasive way to rewatch. I'd never trade up the originals, but if I ever want to go back and rewatch an arc, this'll be what I do it with. ...in fact, I think I'll start watching Sabaody with this soon. Fiance needs a refresher on the supernovas before we plunge into the next few arcs.
    Last edited by Zephray; October 23rd, 2019 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik Dynomite View Post

Oh this is wonderful! I have a new person I need to get into One Piece and we were gonna watch the DVDs Dubbed till we hit Thriller Bark and then switch to One Pace but this would be so much easier overall!
    Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    Oh this is wonderful! I have a new person I need to get into One Piece and we were gonna watch the DVDs Dubbed till we hit Thriller Bark and then switch to One Pace but this would be so much easier overall!
    Right? I’m trying to get more people to watch it, and this’ll be a good tool. I think I can just buy a large USB and stick all these episodes on it to move between the TVs. Easy peasy.

I have already made a One Pace dub of all of Enies Lobby to Fishman Island. It has visual edits and uses the 5.1 audio to replace soundtracks and make more seamless edits. Not sure how I should share.

Quote Originally Posted by Gol D. Lockes View Post
    I have already made a One Pace dub of all of Enies Lobby to Fishman Island. It has visual edits and uses the 5.1 audio to replace soundtracks and make more seamless edits. Not sure how I should share.
    The other guy used google drive and torrenting. I watched a few minutes of his stuff, and his edits are far from seamless. Within two minutes there were two instances of Luffy talking while his mouth was open. So, uh, great to have but not the best editing.

I think the editor gets better later on. I downloaded an Impel-Down ep as a test and it's definitely not seamless but it's not too frequent or jarring.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel[/CENTER]

Lets wait for One Piece kai guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    I think the editor gets better later on. I downloaded an Impel-Down ep as a test and it's definitely not seamless but it's not too frequent or jarring.
    The one I tested was Sabaody, which isn’t much sooner. Maybe I had a bad few scenes, but the sound editing was pretty bad. He says he’s new to this, and some sound editing is just nearly impossible without serious work, so I can’t blame him, but it’s also hard to overlook when watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvFrECMe3Yk
    N
    ew clip. Did they get Major Attaway back as Urouge, cuz he sounds a bit different.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawHat96 View Post
    N
    ew clip. Did they get Major Attaway back as Urouge, cuz he sounds a bit different.
    That one has slight spoilers in it, for anyone who wants to go in pure.

Gosh do I hate Luffy’s ridiculous hat.
    Last edited by Zephray; October 24th, 2019 at 11:31 PM.

Duuuude

Quote Originally Posted by StrawHat96 View Post
    N
    Judging by his Twitter, it looks like he lives in New York now, and is starring as Genie in Aladdin on Broadway. So I'd say it's safe to say he's been replaced. At least for the movie, since he likely only has a line or two.

Seeing Stampede in a packed theater was one of the best experiences of my OP fanboy life. I had a great time just like when I went to see Film Gold.
    I'll try to catch the dub this weekend.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information