+ Reply to Thread
Page 267 of 271 FirstFirst ... 167 217 257 265 266 267 268 269 ... LastLast
Results 5,321 to 5,340 of 5410

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Yes and no. One Piece is actually easier to dub from home because they can schedule longer sessions with each actor. Because of the episode backlog, they can call in Colleen once a week to record for four hours or whatever, knocking out her role in multiple episodes. Whereas with a simildub, they have to call every actor who is in an episode every week. It’s way harder to simuldub, so having the OP backlog actually makes it easier to record from home.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

And also keep in mind that the whole cast of OP isn’t in the PH arc. They’re really dealing with only 10-15 actors consistently, though of course there are more random grunts who speak in OP, so I’m sure that expands the cast list. I expect the cast size to be similar to MHA, but yes, larger than the smaller shows that come out.

And I tend to wonder if scheduling actors who can stay at home and likely aren’t as busy during a pandemic is easier than scheduling them to make in-person appearances—especially actors who have a commute, like Luci Christian. I’m curious if anything is easier during the pandemic.
    Going broke while paying to fix your child's gigantism? M4A can help! Vote Bernie Sanders 2020!

Quote Originally Posted by Blake Bakes Cakes View Post
    Yeah I get you, I'm really just curious how quick the process is. Cuz like considering how slow other shows are with smaller cast, I hardly see the point of dubbng one piece from home. My dream would be that one piece is the top priority and other shows are taking longer because of it, but I HIGHLY doubt that.
    WHOA WHOA WHOA wait! They are FINALLY actually dubbing the show from home and you want MORE!? What more can you want? You want the cast to go to the Funimation studios like nothing is happening and risk them getting sick!? What!? WHAT?

I know you and everyone else are probably SICK at this point of me ranting about how Latin America gets the short end of the stick. But here the dubbing process stopped ENTIRELY. No fancy home recording for us. And the worst part is that Toei wont release the episodes that have already been done until they are done with Alabasta. That means we wont see the redub we as fans been fighting for YEARS until the virus goes away or they give up and try home recording. And you wont see us complaining. How can you be this utterly selfish?

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Yes and no. One Piece is actually easier to dub from home because they can schedule longer sessions with each actor. Because of the episode backlog, they can call in Colleen once a week to record for four hours or whatever, knocking out her role in multiple episodes. Whereas with a simildub, they have to call every actor who is in an episode every week. It’s way harder to simuldub, so having the OP backlog actually makes it easier to record from home.

And also keep in mind that the whole cast of OP isn’t in the PH arc. They’re really dealing with only 10-15 actors consistently, though of course there are more random grunts who speak in OP, so I’m sure that expands the cast list. I expect the cast size to be similar to MHA, but yes, larger than the smaller shows that come out.

And I tend to wonder if scheduling actors who can stay at home and likely aren’t as busy during a pandemic is easier than scheduling them to make in-person appearances—especially actors who have a commute, like Luci Christian. I’m curious if anything is easier during the pandemic.
    From my understanding most of what makes the process hard is proper audio mixing and the quantity of actors. I really have no idea what you mean by one piece and mha having similarly sized casts. Dressrosa in particular has SO MANY that being able to record them all from home is like a miracle.

Yeah, you're a little harsh there, but I don't really get why anyone would complain about them dubbing from home, either. It's great news all around. But I don't think Blake was saying they should go back to work now and get sick; it sounded like he was saying they should just wait until quarantine is over before they resume. Crazy idea to me, but not so bad as you thought he meant.

MHA has two classes of like twenty students each, like five professors, and a team of villains; pretty much all of these were in the last arc, not to mention some additional side characters. I get that OP has a little more, but the numbers are pretty comparable and not so far off.
    Going broke while paying to fix your child's gigantism? M4A can help! Vote Bernie Sanders 2020!

I'm content with knowing that it's still being worked on and that they'll release as they can, not to beat a dead horse here bit the pandemic have thrown a wrench into things So we have to be considerate of that and Toei is known to been difficult with the license with Funi over the years so they have to operate accordingly. On the plus side tho I look it at like this with OP now being on netflix now with Funi's dub it can give the dub more traction and momentum for their product etc. i like to believe they're playing chess not checkers with this even thought the long wait has been a real bummer. I hope they can give us an idea of a release date for Voyage 2 during this Q & A

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Krupp View Post
    WHOA WHOA WHOA wait! They are FINALLY actually dubbing the show from home and you want MORE!? What more can you want? You want the cast to go to the Funimation studios like nothing is happening and risk them getting sick!? What!? WHAT?

I know you and everyone else are probably SICK at this point of me ranting about how Latin America gets the short end of the stick. But here the dubbing process stopped ENTIRELY. No fancy home recording for us. And the worst part is that Toei wont release the episodes that have already been done until they are done with Alabasta. That means we wont see the redub we as fans been fighting for YEARS until the virus goes away or they give up and try home recording. And you wont see us complaining. How can you be this utterly selfish?
    Dude calm down. Way to twist my words and over react lol. I literally expressed how them dubbing from home at all is a miracle, I was merely describing a dream scenario and questioning why it would even be worth it at the pace I would imagine its going. Really the only thing Ive blamed funi or toei for is not releasing whats already done, like yeah the pandemic in general is frustrating and Ive expressed that but its in no way their fault. As for the latin american dub, yeah that really sucks but to be fair 1. I don't really think dubbing is *as big an industry there but correct me if Im wrong. 2. While y'all have waited for a long time, I think it's a slightly different case because the funi dub has went on so long at this point that we are way more devoted and invested in it than somehing we've already seen. 3. May seem like a joke but seriously, it looks like every other nation is going to beat covid before the US does due to the current policital climate. Of course thats not to say your frustration is invalid, if for example funimation just recently picked up the series and this happened I would be pretty annoying, but its not the exact same and I wasnt really complaining in the first place, this is great news.

Mha has two classes of like twenty students each, like five professors, and a team of villains; pretty much all of these were in the last arc, not to mention some additional side characters. I get that OP has a little more, but the numbers are pretty comparable and not so far off.
    I wasn't calling mhas cast small, but the episodes theyve output really havent had too many character in them. Regardless even if the cast was the exact same, dubbing one piece at the same rate mha was just seems rather ineffecient to me and I frankly don't understand why they're doing it unless they are contractuly obligated to or something of the sort.

Ok I seriously overdid this time. Sorry man! I was a bit too on edge since I got into a fight with a COVID Denier and that set me off. I am sorry.

EDIT:That "Latin American dubbing industry is smaller than the USA one"...Deep breaths...Deep Breaths...

All I will say that it is a huge... HUGE... HUGE industry. In fact its so huge that almost everything is dubbed, including huge AAA big films from the USA and other parts. In fact the problem is that other shows dont have a problem. Its only Toei being insistent on doing things traditionally. Rebeca Manriquez (HUGE dub actress who is awesome) was asked if she recorded something from a movie BEFORE Covid and she answered it was done DURING with thanks to "the new technologies" which pretty much means "Home Recording".

I am extremely sorry for blowing up the way I did. I had a lot on my mind.
    Last edited by Captain Krupp; June 30th, 2020 at 05:45 PM. Reason: I was an asshole. Sorry.

Ok I seriously overdid this time. Sorry man! I was a bit too on edge since I got into a fight with a COVID Denier and that set me off. I am sorry.
    You're fine, I figured you were probably pissed for some other reason. Do legit hope the latam dub sees the light of day sooner rather than later though, Im always happy to find out when it becomes more accesible in different parts of the world.

EDIT:That "Latin American dubbing industry is smaller than the USA one"...Deep breaths...Deep Breaths...

All I will say that it is a huge... HUGE... HUGE industry. In fact its so huge that almost everything is dubbed, including huge AAA big films from the USA and other parts. In fact the problem is that other shows dont have a problem. Its only Toei being insistent on doing things traditionally. Rebeca Manriquez (HUGE dub actress who is awesome) was asked if she recorded something from a movie BEFORE Covid and she answered it was done DURING with thanks to "the new technologies" which pretty much means "Home Recording".

I am extremely sorry for blowing up the way I did. I had a lot on my mind.
    Thats why I said correct me if I'm wrong as I'm no expert, the US one is just generally one of the bigger ones due to the size of the country. Cool to hear actually.

Nah, other countries tend to dub more because so much more entertainment content comes out of the states (in English). If anything, US would have a smaller dubbing industry than other countries.

Nah, other countries tend to dub more because so much more entertainment content comes out of the states (in English). If anything, US would have a smaller dubbing industry than other countries.
    I suppose you're right but I wouldn't say it's a small industry by any means. Comparaitvely at least.

I suppose you're right but I wouldn't say it's a small industry by any means. Comparaitvely at least.
    ...I said, "than other countries."

I wasn't calling mhas cast small, but the episodes theyve output really havent had too many character in them. Regardless even if the cast was the exact same, dubbing one piece at the same rate mha was just seems rather ineffecient to me and I frankly don't understand why they're doing it unless they are contractuly obligated to or something of the sort.
    Not sure what you mean. Their school festival arc had like forty students in every episode except for the climax. And I'm not sure what you mean by inefficient; I explained why it's actually more ​efficient to dub something with an episode backlog rather than a simuldub.

...I said, "than other countries."

Not sure what you mean. Their school festival arc had like forty students in every episode except for the climax. And I'm not sure what you mean by inefficient; I explained why it's actually more ​efficient to dub something with an episode backlog rather than a simuldub.
    While recording in bulk could be helpful I still think the process would be so slow that it wouldnt be worth it, but Im not completely sure how to whole process works so who knows.

This place really moves at a mile a minute now lol
    One Piece sakuga nut and resident Katsumi Ishizuka fanboy

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Z...2JQKXRBkCGSHzw

I guess I’m not the only one posting anymore.

So I was browsing on funimation and they updated what they mark as a season. Season 11 629-746 (118 episodes), Season 12 747-782 (36 episodes), Season 13 783-891 (108 episodes), and Season 14 892-current. This means that yeah toei paying for the dub probably means they have the rights to everything (or at least up until wano). Also, they seem to be more concerned with containing entire arcs rather than have them each have a similar number of episodes. Season 11 and 13 will have a TON of voyages compared to past seasons. season 11 should have 9 and season 13 should have 8.

I credit Blake Bakes Cakes for the lively forum. He's fun to have around!
    Last edited by Captain Krupp; June 30th, 2020 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Messed up the name. lol

I credit Blake Bakes Cakes for the lively forum. He's fun to have around!
    Uh thanks lol. I feel like I'm more interested in the dubbing process than most, and you especially don't hear about one pieces talked about a lot so talking here satisfys by obscure interest lol

Oh, and they actually changed season 10 to include caesar retrieval. Coincidentally these means we'll be getting slightly bigger sets for the forseeable future, 13-14 episodes as apposed to 11-12. Although I'm pretty sure the episode counts per set were only lowered cuz it was coincidentally easier to split up seasons that way

Oh, and they actually changed season 10 to include caesar retrieval. Coincidentally these means we'll be getting slightly bigger sets for the forseeable future, 13-14 as apposed to 11-12. Although I'm pretty sure the episode counts per set were only lowered cuz it was coincidentally easier to split up seasons that way

Where did you hear there’s a half-hour behind the scenes thing before the panel? I don’t see that anywhere.

Where did you hear there’s a half-hour behind the scenes thing before the panel? I don’t see that anywhere.
    For whatever reason they mentioned it when they tweeted the schedule out but not in the blog post https://twitter.com/FUNimation/statu...74653752414216

And it’s not on the schedule in the blog post either. Not sure which one is more current.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information