+ Reply to Thread
Page 314 of 335 FirstFirst ... 214 264 304 312 313 314 315 316 324 ... LastLast
Results 6,261 to 6,280 of 6692

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Do you guys think they will ever dub the other movies into english?

Not impossible. Although for the moment their focus is very clearly on dubbing as much of the anime as fast as they can. So if it ever does happen it won't be for awhile.
    The real arlong park was the friends we made along the way

Quote Originally Posted by Blake Bakes Cakes View Post
    Again not how it works, especially for actors. Trust me it won't effect the schedule.
    Directors shifting their priorities can absolutely shift the schedule. The schedule is dictated by how fast they can work, not the other way around—especially when working at reduced capacity.
    Last edited by Zephray; November 26th, 2020 at 01:51 PM.
    Has your country trapped you in a literal birdcage? Go back in time with the ikot-ikot fruit and vote Birdie Sanders for President today!

Ah yes cuz remember when the dub stopped mid thriller bark cuz mike was unavailable? Nevertheless I think everyone is failing to realize that funi has most likely very much considered this. I can garuntee you thats a large aspect of them having multiple directors in the first place. Hell if it were that much of an issue they'd get a different director for attack on titan. Busy directors have never effected the release schedule before, why would they now?

Depends if they grab a fourth director to pick up the slack. They already have three directors, so I doubt they’d grab a fourth. Mike’s batch of six episodes will come together slower. So maybe he’ll take less episodes each batch. Who knows. Hopefully you’re right that someone else can pick up the slack. But there will be slack. Having to dub a simildub show once a week with a huge cast of characters will absolutely pull his attention away, and they need their top director on AoT more than OP.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

But there are two other directors working on the show, so even if Mike is pulled away a bit, hopefully they can keep up the pace enough to get out a set every 1.5 or 2 months. Only time will tell!
    Has your country trapped you in a literal birdcage? Go back in time with the ikot-ikot fruit and vote Birdie Sanders for President today!

I just highly doubt that we would suddenly get a release schedule change when its never happened before. Really don't think theres anything to worry about.

Sorry? A release schedule change has never happened before? Come again?

If you're referring to the hiatuses, those were very clearly for other reasons.

You’re arguing so hard that they’ll keep schedule now, yet two pages ago you surmised that they’d slow down now that they’re in DR. Stop being so pedantic. And yes, OP has changed between 1-3 months per set often in its ten year run, even between hiatuses.

1. Yes, I did say that. However this wasn't because of directorial changes. If it slows down that most likely won't be why.

2. I use the term "release schedule" very losely and assumed we all were. There is no set release schedule, just a general rule of 1-3 months. This has been relatively consistent. Even when it has slightly sped up or slowed down in general it didn't coincide with busy directors. I genuinely have no idea where you got this idea from. The one piece dub in particular is infamous for having many different directors tackle it.

Just watched the end of Punk Hazard, and was surprised to hear Rob McCollum as Doflamingo call the Straw Hats "amateur assholes". LOL

It's been a looong time since they used higher swearing in the dub.

Quote Originally Posted by G1Ravage View Post
    Just watched the end of Punk Hazard, and was surprised to hear Rob McCollum as Doflamingo call the Straw Hats "amateur assholes". LOL

It's been a looong time since they used higher swearing in the dub.
    When did he say that? I don't remember it at all. The swearing never really went away but I kinda get what you mean. For whatever reason "asshole" sounds so much more vulgar than just "ass" lol

Quote Originally Posted by Blake Bakes Cakes View Post
    When did he say that? I don't remember it at all. The swearing never really went away but I kinda get what you mean. For whatever reason "asshole" sounds so much more vulgar than just "ass" lol
    The episode where Doflamingo arrives on Punk Hazard and decimates the G-5.

Maybe I just have to rewatch it but I just rlly don't remember that lol
    Last edited by Blake Bakes Cakes; November 28th, 2020 at 12:22 PM.

Well Funimation announced Season 11, Voyage 1 is going to first volume on bluray. I have feeling it's going to be like what Funimation does with the Dragon ball stuff to release it on both as seprate dvd and bluray. Since Collection 26 is going to be Season 10, Voyage 4 and Season 11 Voyage 1, it wouldn't make sense to have one half of the set as dvd only, while the other half as bluray only.

Hey Blake, thanks for uploading those clips on Twitter. I know you’ve probably got few already scheduled and it takes a bit, but when you get a chance could we get Momo’s flashback? Also who is that as Kanjuro? Tatum? That’s the closest I could figure with his one line.

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

Interviews with Colleen, Matt Mercer, and Robert McCollum for the beginning of Dressrosa! According to the video, this was recorded in February 2020, so they must have made a ton of progress by now. It explains how they've been able to release episodes so quickly

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dai...son-11/.166934

As for the Blu-Rays, I'm excited we're getting them now, but it makes it that much stranger why we didn't for Punk Hazard. As a Collection Box Set collector, I really hope this doesn't effect those releases. Ideally Collection 26 can be half DVD - half BluRay, but idk. Worse case scenario, I'll have to buy Season 11 V1 as well, and just swap the discs. Hopefully Collection 27 onward will have Blu-Ray releases. Interestingly, I don't see any mention of S11V1 on DVD, could it be BluRay only??
    Last edited by Elektrik Dynomite; December 2nd, 2020 at 06:58 AM.

LOL All the big news happens when Arlong Park is down.

Excited for Dressrosa to begin One Piece TV on Blu-ray here in America. Glad that's something we won't have to worry about anymore.

Woo! We're back up. Bluray release and new episodes are huge. I can't wait to see the packaging uploaded soon for the blurays. Hoping they changed the format for this season. They haven't changed it since season four, so this'll be a good opportunity. Edition collectors can focus on the collections and their consistency; I don't mind the voyages changing it up every however many years. The old boxes are looking dated to me by now. This'll be the longest season, too. I think it was season two that stretched on for seven voyages.

I'm betting on bluray combo pack; that's my hope, at least.

On to the new set: How do we feel about Bellamy's new voice? I'm disappointed they changed it so drastically. I understand it changing slightly with age, but this voice sounds so entirely different.

Loving everyone’s voice. Fujitora’s actor definitely settled on a different voice from the one he used in the special. He sounds way less deep. The new version works well, but I preferred the deeper version, so I was a little disappointed there. Soldier and Violet sounded great. Trebol was perfect casting. All the other Doffy crew members I’ve heard so far are spot-on. By and large I’m very happy with the casting decisions for this arc. Only Bellamy is a bummer.

And, when I get there, I know Rebecca sounds terrible. That accent is just too fake. She’ll be the worst voice of the arc to my ears probably.

With how Toei did the releases for Dragon ball over here in recent years. I expect to see them have separate releases for the dvd and bluray for One Piece. Since the Dragon Ball Super tv series didn't have combo pack with that release, they just release the dvd and bluray for the series as separate releases.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information