+ Reply to Thread
Page 330 of 332 FirstFirst ... 230 280 320 328 329 330 331 332 LastLast
Results 6,581 to 6,600 of 6625

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

I guess they could also just drop the voyage without any prior notice, similar to how they did with the first set.
    Has your country trapped you in a literal birdcage? Go back in time with the ikot-ikot fruit and vote Birdie Sanders for President today!

Not impossible but not exactly likely either. Probably not gonna be in January at this point. Wonder if they'd release it on the 2nd or not, considering that's when collection 24 comes out. For now I'd predict like the 9th.

Speaking of release dates, solicits should be out soon. We might see voyage 2 listed then, interested to see the cover art.

When voyage 3 does eventually come out I'm really excited to hear senior pink and dellinger finally. I feel like dellinger wasn't a difficult casting, they have lots of actors in that range. If I had to make a slightly out of the box casting prediction Id say Justin Briner. Absolutely no idea with senor pink though, so I'm eager to see what they go with. Then we'll have every family member except pica, which'll be voyage 5.
    The real arlong park was the friends we made along the way

Can't wait. This'll be the best set yet, and I'll be so happy to be through Blocks A-D.
    Has your country trapped you in a literal birdcage? Go back in time with the ikot-ikot fruit and vote Birdie Sanders for President today!

I am like so far behind in watching these dubbed episodes (mainly because of my work load and busy schedule) so I have only just watched Baby 5's debut episode now in the dub and holy hell, I was not expecting Katelyn Barr to voice Baby 5... She is like one of my all time favorite voice actors and to hear her in One Piece was awesome.
    DPNZ - Now known as ShiningDiamond (Yes! That is a JoJo Reference!)
    To see all the Anime I have watched / dropped and planning to watch - https://myanimelist.net/animelist/ShiningDiamond

Wait are you positive? Cuz uh, that hasn't been announced yet lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Blake Bakes Cakes View Post
    Wait are you positive? Cuz uh, that hasn't been announced yet lol.
    About 99% sure. I recognize her voice anywhere. She is my favorite voice actress and unless someone else sounds identical to her, I am sure that is her. I have seen about 900+ different Anime in my life and there have been many with Katelyn in them. She sounds the same in a lot of her roles, and Plus the way I was able to figure it was her pretty easily is that quite a few of Katelyn Barr's characters yell a lot, which Baby 5 did quite a bit. That yell was really distinctive to me. I have quite a good ear for dub voice actors after many years of watching hundreds of dubbed anime, so much so that I was able to pick out almost every background character in Punk Hazard.
    Last edited by DPNZ; January 14th, 2021 at 11:09 PM.
    DPNZ - Now known as ShiningDiamond (Yes! That is a JoJo Reference!)
    To see all the Anime I have watched / dropped and planning to watch - https://myanimelist.net/animelist/ShiningDiamond

Cool, been really frustrating how they're seemingly purposely uncrediting their actors. Tried adding it to the wiki as for some reason they've allowed people to put their guesses, even though they've reverted when I've done that specifically before lol.

You know I was wondering why the voice for Baby 5 sounded familiar to me, it sure does sound like her, hopefully we'll get an official announcement soon

Man, favorite voice actors? That’s tough. My favorite performance ever is Shiki in SW, so maybe that guy for me. But I don’t read the credits as much as many of y’all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Man, favorite voice actors? That’s tough. My favorite performance ever is Shiki in SW, so maybe that guy for me. But I don’t read the credits as much as many of y’all.
    That would voice acting legend, Australian-Canadian sweetheart, and cowboy hat enthusiast Scott McNeil!

They need to get him back to play another major character. It wouldn’t be hard since shiki was so distinct.

Anyone have any guesses for Kaido?

I’d be down for Paul St. Peter.

SungWon Cho was on the One Piece Podcast for chapter 1000 and read a few of Kaido’s lines and with like actual direction and preparation instead of a spontaneous read it would be pretty dang good. He’d be able to keep it from sounding like just another big guy voice.

McNeil rarely does dubbing work anymore, mostly because he lives in Canada. That's why everyone was so excited to hear him in the movie, he's a really hard guest star to get. As for Kaido I have like no idea. They've admitted themselves that finding like big monstrous dude voices is starting to get hard as they're running out of people. It almost makes me mad that Daman Mills was wasted on Bullet. That voice would be like perfect for kaido.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

It appears funi may be starting to make extras stuff again https://twitter.com/LaurMoor/status/...988192770?s=19q
    Last edited by Blake Bakes Cakes; January 15th, 2021 at 03:58 PM.

Remember when we used to get solicitations on the 15th? I’d say I miss those days, but I got so used to them being disappointments for two years straight that I really don’t miss them at all. Random solicitations set me up for less disappointment haha

Admittedly I haven't followed them for that long compared to most of you, but hasn't the exact date always varied a bit? We should get them in the next day or two, thats always been the case from my experience except for the one time it wasn't all the way until the 19th for whatever reason.

Hasn’t it been way more random for the last few months? And then One Poece specifically has been updated at a way different time since early in season ten. Just saying solicitations aren’t at all reliable anymore.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Hasnít it been way more random for the last few months? And then One Poece specifically has been updated at a way different time since early in season ten. Just saying solicitations arenít at all reliable anymore.

No? It's always been still like the 14th-16th generally. Sure one piece listing went up early (and then late officially) for a period but thats seemingly resolved now. Season 11 Voyage 1 went up with the march solicits.

Quote Originally Posted by Zek View Post
    I’d be down for Paul St. Peter.

SungWon Cho was on the One Piece Podcast for chapter 1000 and read a few of Kaido’s lines and with like actual direction and preparation instead of a spontaneous read it would be pretty dang good. He’d be able to keep it from sounding like just another big guy voice.
    Do you have a time stamp by chance? Their episodes are like three hours long.

Honestly a lot of picks for Kaido don't sound like they'd be right to me. I feel like theres a certain level of deep boomingness that someone entitle the "king of the beasts" should have that not many can achieve, which is what makes me so interested in the eventual casting in the first place. This includes SungWon Cho, though I haven't heard it because like Zephray I'm not sure if I want to sit through the whole thing to find it lol. Not to mention on like a logistics level he hasn't done a ton of anime work, and what he has done hasn't been with funi. I will say that I liked that fandub he did wayback when, even though he clearly is uncomfortable with the lip flaps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBo0..._channel=ProZD .

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Do you have a time stamp by chance? Their episodes are like three hours long.
    it was at 45:52, sounded good to me and like it could work for him. Never heard Kaido in Japanese though.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information