+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

The specials are probably 3D2Y, Episode of Sabo and Nebulandia. Also, they mention that they have the Alabasta movie in the full listing.

Wow, we reached a point where they don't have to announce new seasons.

I guess sales are very good for them to license 200 episodes ahead from where we are now. I wonder how much they paid to license all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by MugiwaraPirate View Post
    Wow, we reached a point where they don't have to announce new seasons.

I guess sales are very good for them to license 200 episodes ahead from where we are now. I wonder how much they paid to license all of that.
    Keep in mind this hasn't been officially announced. It could be nothing, all we officially know at this point is to expect the 3D2Y special later this year and hopefully Film Gold as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dropper View Post
    Take into account they actually have 3 movies, (Episode of Alabasta, Strong World, Film Z) and so far 1 special confirmed (3D2Y) it begins to get a little confusing.
    Completely forgot about Episode of Alabasta (not that I wanted to remember it).

Still, seeing 3 specials when we only know of 3D2Y is pretty interesting. Unless they're treating Episode of Alabasta as a special, but I doubt they'd do that. Guess we'll have to wait for official confirmation on it.

Well they didn't officially announced season 8 ether. Since we only found out that they had season 8. When they put it up for preorder.

I wouldn't be surprised if we're not getting announcements for new season acquisitions. It seems like quietly transitioning between seasons will be the way to go.

As for specials, I hope Episode of Nami, Luffy and Merry get picked up in the future.

Makes me wonder if they're going to dub the Toriko collaboration episodes seeing as it looks like they're not omitted. Also, the reason they probably aren't announcing the acquisition of these episodes is probably because they already have the licenses due to the simulcast. They licensed the specials when they simulcasted them and they didn't have to go back and relicense 3D2Y so it's probably the same type of situation. They really just have to get the rights to release them on home video but they most likely already have the episodes licensed for dubbing. Also, if they indeed HAVE indeed licensed the Toriko collabs, they're probably not going to announce that they have because there is only 3 episodes of them.
    Last edited by TheGreatCaptainUsopp; March 30th, 2016 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatCaptainUsopp View Post
    Makes me wonder if they're going to dub the Toriko collaboration episodes seeing as it looks like they're not omitted.
    If they decide not to dub the episodes Funi can give One Piece the wrong episode numbers! :P From Funi's standpoint they are getting more bang for buck by dubbing the episodes they licensed as a package, they might as well dub them (they have all the voice actors).

Quote Originally Posted by dropper View Post
    If they decide not to dub the episodes Funi can give One Piece the wrong episode numbers! :P From Funi's standpoint they are getting more bang for buck by dubbing the episodes they licensed as a package, they might as well dub them (they have all the voice actors).
    Well, I meant that there was legal issues with licensing it for the simulcast but issues with licensing stuff in terms of the simulcast have never been a problem with the dub so they'll probably dub them.
    EDIT: Just looked into it, FUNi didn't have the North American license to Toriko at the times the first two episodes aired. They only had streaming rights but not the full license and they didn't include the OPXDBXToriko one because despite having the license for Toriko at the time, it would be inconsistent because of the other two being omitted. However, they'll probably dub them all seeing as they now have the license in full.
    Last edited by TheGreatCaptainUsopp; March 30th, 2016 at 06:14 PM.

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

Speaking of licensing, I know its awhile off still, but did Funi ever get the rights to have the "Hands Up" opening in Punk Hazard? Cause I know it wasn't in the simulcast when it aired

Yeah, Hands up wasn't on the simulcast. Hopefully, they will be able to get it for the DVDs

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik Dynomite View Post
    Speaking of licensing, I know its awhile off still, but did Funi ever get the rights to have the "Hands Up" opening in Punk Hazard? Cause I know it wasn't in the simulcast when it aired
    At the very least, Crunchyroll was able to get it when they put up the Punk Hazard Arc. Hopefully that'll apply to FUNi too.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord
    Spoiler:

For some reason, Crunchyroll has Hands up for some episodes and for some episodes they used We Go.

Quote Originally Posted by MugiwaraPirate View Post
    For some reason, Crunchyroll has Hands up for some episodes and for some episodes they used We Go.
    We Go was used for the episodes when they first picked up the series. When they added previous episodes, they had Hands Up on those.

AP Discord
    Spoiler:

i hope all of those things are referring to the dub, because it would be awesome if they already have all of those licenses and are able to dub faster

If that's actually a statement of what's licensed for dubbing, that's awesome! If not, things aren't really any different, we'll continue to get episodes and specials and movies.

I think it's likely they'll get Hands Up, considering Crunchyroll was able to license it, and they've not been able to license some of the other openings that FUNi has.

I wonder If they'll be putting out blu-rays once Punk Hazard comes along.

Duuuude

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    At the very least, Crunchyroll was able to get it when they put up the Punk Hazard Arc. Hopefully that'll apply to FUNi too.
    Doubtful, since FUNi can use Share the World, while Crunchyroll cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by G1Ravage View Post
    Doubtful, since FUNi can use Share the World, while Crunchyroll cannot.
    Every song Crunchyroll has, FUNimation also has on their DVDs. Crunchyroll is the only one left out when it comes to openings; and those openings are 7, 10, 11, 12, and 14. Crunchyroll oddly even had Opening 7 originally before they uploaded the HD versions of those episodes. In comparison, FUNi has gotten all of those on its simulcast and DVDs, with the only exclusion being Mirai Kokai, which was unavailable to both mediums. I don't think it's unsafe to assume that FUNi will have the rights to Hands Up on its DVDs if Crunchyroll was able to get access later.
    Last edited by Galaxy 9000; March 31st, 2016 at 05:55 PM.

AP Discord
    Spoiler:

April Fools :P

Oh yeah! Film Gold is getting a limited theater run in NA and Canada!

No Japanese or English voices in the video, so they probably haven't finished casting for the dub yet. More info on the release coming soon.
    Last edited by MasterKingJC; April 2nd, 2016 at 02:08 PM. Reason: (April Fools)

bravo sir, bravo, but please don't toy with my heart like that. I don't think it can take anymore. Seriously though this was pretty well done, and the second time today that I have been fully tricked. I already got tricked by someone saying that Funimation announced a 2nd cour for my hero academia >:(

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information