+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 86 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1701

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

  1. #1161

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Like a slightly older Edward Elric. Not too similar. It works. Feels a little like a fusion of Ace and Luffy; though that might be me projecting a bit.
    Like a fusion of Ace and Luffy, huh?

    That works. Ace has a deep dub voice, Luffy has a lighter dub voice, so this tells me Sabo falls in-between.

  2. #1162

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by RomeIsHome25 View Post
    Like a fusion of Ace and Luffy, huh?

    That works. Ace has a deep dub voice, Luffy has a lighter dub voice, so this tells me Sabo falls in-between.
    I guess that's the case with how Vic's is both deep and high

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Listened to the newest One Piece Podcast and they had an interview with the One Piece brand managers at FUNimation and they said that Film Gold will only be the beginning of the One Piece content they'll be releasing this year and that this year will be sort of a "relaunch" for the series in the US. So with that, the tweet by Chris Rager and the tweet from back in July with the voice of Chu, I think it's safe to say we'll be getting post timeskip episodes dubbed pretty soon along with other stuff

  3. #1163

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Film Gold grossed about 150,000 in its first day of release. Not sure how that stcks up to other anime films but not too shabby in overall terms for sure.

  4. #1164

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Like a slightly older Edward Elric. Not too similar. It works. Feels a little like a fusion of Ace and Luffy; though that might be me projecting a bit.
    Sorry to hear you didn't like it.

    How do I put it , it gives you exactly what you would expect in a one piece movie,standard fare. Make of that what you will. It gave what I expected and nothing more. And I guess for me,I was satisfied.

    I will say the way they slashed and hacked up a backstory for Tesoro might be a bit hit and miss for some. For me,it did hit a note for me as far as what it was trying to get me to feel,but I think the impact and execution left a lot to be desired.

    As for sabo,not bad at all. For those wondering,it is a bit like Edward elric with a deeper tone. But I'll need to hear a lot more to get a better feel for it. Too bad it won't be for another 3-5 years.

  5. #1165

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    One Piece: Film Gold made $164,409 yesterday which is much more than the Alabasta movie made in its limited release: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/

    It's ranked higher than any of the limited release Naruto movies did in their opening weekends in it's first day, it's done better than Rurouni Kenshin: Origins' entire run, earned more in it's first day than The Boy and The Beast did on it's first day and has performed MUCH better than Movie 8 did in it's entire run as well as grossing more and ranking higher than Attack on Titan Part 2 did on it's first day and performing much better than FUNi's more niche titles did in their entire runs and first days. So yeah, it's a success and stands as FUNi's 6th highest grossing release and judging by how much it costs to make an English dub for a One Piece episode which is about $10,000 per episode, making the Film Gold dub probably cost about $60,000 to produce, it's made it's money back and then some in only it's first day
    Last edited by TheGreatCaptainUsopp; January 11th, 2017 at 05:12 PM.

  6. #1166

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Oh, good. So that'll be incentive for them to get their shit together on the old films and specials, hopefully.

  7. #1167

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatCaptainUsopp View Post
    One Piece: Film Gold made $164,409 yesterday which is much more than the Alabasta movie made in its limited release: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/

    It's ranked higher than any of the limited release Naruto movies did in their opening weekends in it's first day, it's done better than Rurouni Kenshin: Origins' entire run, earned more in it's first day than The Boy and The Beast did on it's first day and has performed MUCH better than Movie 8 did in it's entire run as well as grossing more and ranking higher than Attack on Titan Part 2 did on it's first day and performing much better than FUNi's more niche titles did in their entire runs and first days. So yeah, it's a success and stands as FUNi's 6th highest grossing release and judging by how much it costs to make an English dub for a One Piece episode which is about $10,000 per episode, making the Film Gold dub probably cost about $60,000 to produce, it's made it's money back and then some in only it's first day
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatCaptainUsopp View Post
    Listened to the newest One Piece Podcast and they had an interview with the One Piece brand managers at FUNimation and they said that Film Gold will only be the beginning of the One Piece content they'll be releasing this year and that this year will be sort of a "relaunch" for the series in the US. So with that, the tweet by Chris Rager and the tweet from back in July with the voice of Chu, I think it's safe to say we'll be getting post timeskip episodes dubbed pretty soon along with other stuff
    This is all excellent news! It makes me very excited as a fan for sure.

  8. #1168

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    According to YonkouProductions, that is not good for opening day, even for a limited release. Here's the tweet.

    https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/statu...21652773154816

    Shit. I really hope theaters don't pull it before I get a chance to watch it.

  9. #1169

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Maybe you and Yonkou should read TheGreatCaptainUsopp's post right above and stop getting so panicky.


  10. #1170
    Impel Down Lv 5.5 Bitches DPNZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatCaptainUsopp View Post

    Listened to the newest One Piece Podcast and they had an interview with the One Piece brand managers at FUNimation and they said that Film Gold will only be the beginning of the One Piece content they'll be releasing this year and that this year will be sort of a "relaunch" for the series in the US. So with that, the tweet by Chris Rager and the tweet from back in July with the voice of Chu, I think it's safe to say we'll be getting post timeskip episodes dubbed pretty soon along with other stuff
    It would be nice if some of the past movies (ie. Movies 1-7 + 9 and 11) would be dubbed and released, I know quite a few of them were unpopular with a lot of people, though being a One Piece fan I would honestly love everything dubbed and in my collection, even the worst movies. The U.K got them, albeit they were only subbed, but it would be nice if FUNi would dub them all and release them in the U.S. Heck it would be nice if they did that with all the TV Specials as well, though for now I see it all as just a dream and I can't see them doing that any time soon, if at all.

    -----

    But damn, a lot of the time I wish I lived in the U.S. and then I could have seen the Film Gold Movie dubbed myself. In my country, it aired in theaters for a few days and was only subbed. I never did go to see it because of that very reason. Ain't nobody got time to read while watching a movie, I go to watch it and enjoy it, lol.
    DPNZ - Now known as MythicalFangNZ (MFNZ - would would be a very wrong way of abbreviating my Username)
    To see all the Anime I currently own on DVD - http://mythicalfangnz.dvdaf.com/owned

  11. #1171

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatCaptainUsopp View Post
    Listened to the newest One Piece Podcast and they had an interview with the One Piece brand managers at FUNimation and they said that Film Gold will only be the beginning of the One Piece content they'll be releasing this year and that this year will be sort of a "relaunch" for the series in the US. So with that, the tweet by Chris Rager and the tweet from back in July with the voice of Chu, I think it's safe to say we'll be getting post timeskip episodes dubbed pretty soon along with other stuff
    I'm excited by this news and I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but I would be disappointed if this doesn't lead to dubbing One Piece video games.
    Bandai Namco has made poorly explained excuses for the lack of dual audio. Therefore, I hope this onslaught of One Piece content from Funimation finally kicks the OP Video Game Producer in the pants to just commission an English audio track for the next console game.


  12. #1172

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by RomeIsHome25 View Post
    According to YonkouProductions, that is not good for opening day, even for a limited release. Here's the tweet.

    https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/statu...21652773154816

    Shit. I really hope theaters don't pull it before I get a chance to watch it.
    There is no need to get panicky. The movie has been out for one day, is in nearly 400 theaters which is nothing compared to the theater count of any of these other movies and it's in limited release. The fact that One Piece even charted on the box office this time around, at #15 which is a number Naruto couldn't even achieve, when it didn't back with the Alabasta movie is a good thing. This is great news, it's doing great

  13. #1173

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatCaptainUsopp View Post
    There is no need to get panicky. The movie has been out for one day, is in nearly 400 theaters which is nothing compared to the theater count of any of these other movies and it's in limited release. The fact that One Piece even charted on the box office this time around, at #15 which is a number Naruto couldn't even achieve, when it didn't back with the Alabasta movie is a good thing. This is great news, it's doing great
    Is that really the truth (that's it's doing great) or is that you being overly optimistic again. Just because it did better than the Alabasta movies atrocious showing, doesn't mean it's doing good.

    And when you have multiple people in the anime community saying it did bad first day, its starting to contrast with the only person who said it did good (you). And given your track-record and how overly optimistic you get about OP's performance here, I'm not really inclined to believe you.

    But if you really believe it did good, and aren't just saying that because you want it to do good... then please let Twitter know, because this post about it doing "bad" is spreading like wild-fire and pretty soon we'll have a bunch of people poking fun of OP and it's "inability to gain a sizable audience" over here when it comes to its official dub release. Their words. But I kinda agree with them to an extent... but it sucks when they make fun of OP's success like that.
    Last edited by RomeIsHome25; January 12th, 2017 at 05:57 AM.

  14. #1174

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by RomeIsHome25 View Post
    Is that really the truth (that's it's doing great) or is that you being overly optimistic again. Just because it did better than the Alabasta movies atrocious showing, doesn't mean it's doing good.

    And when you have multiple people in the anime community saying it did bad first day, its starting to contrast with the only person who said it did good (you). And given your track-record and how overly optimistic you get about OP's performance here, I'm not really inclined to believe you.

    But if you really believe it did good, and aren't just saying that because you want it to do good... then please let Twitter know, because this post about it doing "bad" is spreading like wild-fire and pretty soon we'll have a bunch of people poking fun of OP and it's "inability to gain a sizable audience" over here when it comes to its official dub release. Their words. But I kinda agree with them to an extent... but it sucks when they make fun of OP's success like that.
    I fucking looked it up, it's doing much better than most of FUNi's releases. I put facts in my post and everyone here agrees with me but you. I'm sick of your attitude that you have towards people on this forum especially me, why would I go on a forum just to lie? I do my research and know what I'm talking about so frankly, you need to fucking stop. As someone said before, you and Yonkou and everyone else need to look at my post because it's true. It's a limited release, do you think it's REALLY going to pass DBZ or something, come on now. Oh and 10 retweets, oh yeah, totally spreading like wildfire

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    I can pull up even more facts to prove you wrong if you still insist that I'm "overly optimistic"

  15. #1175

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    He's concern trolling you. It's been his gimmick for 10 years and why his accounts keep getting banned.

  16. #1176

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Keep in mind that this was not only a limited release-- most theaters only showed it one time that day. Meaning that all of that money is literally off of only one single showing. My theater was full.

    Just looked at the charts. Yeah. It definitely did well considering it's an anime movie that only played once. Hopefully it keeps up the trend as the week wears on.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Keep an eye on this list for proof, and keep in mind that we're only one day into the total sales, so it'll rise on this list quite a bit before it stops.

    http://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=anime.htm

  17. #1177

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    They made 443 dollars per theatre. Since virtually every theater (at least in my area) only showed it once, that's a good 30 to 40 people in each theater on average.

    For a completely inaccessible movie about rubber pirates, that sounds pretty damn good.

    But what do I know? I don't keep track of box office statistics for a living or anything.

  18. #1178

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Thanks for backing me up guys

  19. #1179

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    So did anyone else here actually watch the movie besides me and zephray?😁

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

  20. #1180
    I exist...I guess....
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    A place

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    ^Most other members have commented on it in this thread:

    http://forums.arlongpark.org/showthread.php?t=44803


    Also I watched it, but haven't really had the time to really comment on it; I'll probably put my thoughts up later.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts