+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Voltron: Legendary Defender (new netflix series premiering June 10)

Default Re: Voltron: Legendary Defender (new netflix series premiering June 10)

....You had better have a season 2, you jerks.

Also, the big things I expected to happen based on the old show didn't... so there's that. But they may still come to pass I guess. Seriously, no Lotor? But thats okay, because Zarkon is miles better in this version than the old.

All in all, this is about the best possible reboot one could have gotten and still kept the basic premise. Hopes it fares better than Thundercats did.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    ...Wait. They're keeping all the old English names.... except Sven who is now Shiro. What the hell.

Oh well, he'll be killed five or six episodes in anyway.

The real question is will the Princess still lose her top when they go swimming?
    oh look. It was Robby who posted this.

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

For those unaware, season 2 came out today on Netflix. Gotta rewatch the finale of season one as I forgot how that season ended...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory House
    Right and wrong do exist. Just because you don't know what the right answer is — maybe there's even no way you could know what the right answer is — doesn't make your answer right or even okay. It's much simpler than that. It's just plain wrong.

It's like Netflix decided to not advertise it for some reason..

Finished it up. Will say it's written assuming there will be another season and I'm looking forward to it. Solid season like the season before it. They also love Gurren Lagann, though that was clear from the prior season. Found more waster eggs.

Spoiler:
    Focus was Keith heavy and Allura being a bigot. Ending/twist involving Allura would've hit closer to home it her arc didn't kinda wrap up in the prior episode.

My favorite was probably the mall episode. Also felt like the Olkari episode could've been longer and maybe cutting either the villain subplot with the villains finding the traitor or the three episodes where the gang splits up to get the necessary items for the final plan of attack. Though maybe I just liked the Olkaris.

But dynamics are sure to shake up in the next season so we'll see how that goes. And sure, maybe it goes against what Voltron is all about, but expecting a drill to appear as a weapon eventually.
    Right and wrong do exist. Just because you don't know what the right answer is — maybe there's even no way you could know what the right answer is — doesn't make your answer right or even okay. It's much simpler than that. It's just plain wrong.

Spoiler:
    As someone who's been playing Trails in the Sky, I appreciate Allura using a bo-staff.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Adams
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

Season "3" is out on Netflix now with season "4" out in October. It looks to be a normal season length split up between the two seasons, meaning 7 episodes out now and 6 releasing on October.

This may be because of two things. Netflix is actually incredible debt because they have been spending A LOT of money on new shows with very little new money coming in.
    Last edited by Silver R. Bolt; August 9th, 2017 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver R. Bolt View Post
    This may be because of two things. Netflix is actually incredible debt because they have been spending A LOT of money on new shows with very little new money coming in. redacted.
    Really? Got a source? Couldn't find anything stating that. Then again, all I recall seeing is the show has a 78 episode contract (about 5 full seasons).
    Last edited by Gizmo; August 6th, 2017 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Really? Got a source? Couldn't find anything stating that. Then again, all I recall seeing is the show has a 78 episode contract (about 5 full seasons).
    Then it is not public knowledge. I retract my statement.

Cool. I liked Lotor and his Blackguard. So
    Spoiler:
    are the rest of the druids Altean zombies as well?
    Last edited by y2kyle89; August 7th, 2017 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Cause they're not Paladin. It's a DnD joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Adams
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

Going through “season 4” now.

Just finished the Pidge episode. It was pretty good as a stand-alone.

It was kind of stupidly overdramatic though
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Iono. It worked for me. The comedy this season hit me more than the action/dramatic moments, but I thought Pidge’s episode resonated. It might’ve been better to spread out those emotional beats throughout the series instead, but think it was my favorite episode of season 4.

Maybe the finale would’ve worked better if I watched he prior seasons more recently, but the callbacks/cameos/finale felt cold to me.

Damnit. I'm hooked. And since I'm hooked and late to the party about this series I'm trying to not be too hopeful. But is there a season 5 coming out at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Damnit. I'm hooked. And since I'm hooked and late to the party about this series I'm trying to not be too hopeful. But is there a season 5 coming out at some point?
    It's confirmed to have 78 episodes eventually, just no "when" yet. (We're at 39 episodes now, so halfway.)

They're apparently going to be doing it in 6-7 episode chunks from here on out to get new ones out sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    It's confirmed to have 78 episodes eventually, just no "when" yet. (We're at 39 episodes now, so halfway.)

They're apparently going to be doing it in 6-7 episode chunks from here on out to get new ones out sooner.
    Woo! You just made my day Robby.

I still need to finish season 2...

5th season starts March 2nd! Woo!

http://ew.com/tv/2018/02/14/voltron-...al-with-devil/

So I watched all 6 episodes. Next batch comes out in June. This is the first time I've had to wait are the seasons typically broken up like that?

Also I must say, I don't remember much of the plot in the original Voltron. I'm just hoping Lotor isn't pulling some long game trap.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information