+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Voltron: Legendary Defender (new netflix series premiering June 10)

Default Re: Voltron: Legendary Defender (new netflix series premiering June 10)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    So I watched all 6 episodes. Next batch comes out in June. This is the first time I've had to wait are the seasons typically broken up like that?

Also I must say, I don't remember much of the plot in the original Voltron. I'm just hoping Lotor isn't pulling some long game trap.
    The first couple batches were 13 episodes but they've said from here on out it'll be 6-7 episode chunks so that the wait between portions in only a couple months rather than most of a year. (And if you watched only one a week if would actually be a pretty short gap.)

As for Lotor being up to his own scheme, no doubt... but the new show has diverged far enough from the original now that knowledge of the old show doesn't help for guessing anything.

Let us honor the fallen...

Spoiler:

"I am the wings of despair. I am the breath of ruin. I am the fell dragon, Grima. Pay me the respect I am due, and I promise you a painless death."

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Well if the wiki is any indication (never watched the original series)

Spoiler:
    Lotor caring about Allura is in line with the series. It’s very Freudian.

Curious when Keith is going back with the team.

Pidge is my fav
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory House
    Right and wrong do exist. Just because you don't know what the right answer is — maybe there's even no way you could know what the right answer is — doesn't make your answer right or even okay. It's much simpler than that. It's just plain wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post

Spoiler:

Pidge is my fav
    Spoiler:
    Not sure how that's Fruedian. Also it should be obvious to everyone including Lotor that Haggar is his mom. That Part bothered me lol.

Hunk is the only one I feel got nothing to do or say these 6 episodes, aside from messing up.

Lance has grown on me the most.

I hope Shiro doesn't end up dead in this series.

He has been my fav since episode 1 closely followed by Keith.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Not sure how that's Fruedian. Also it should be obvious to everyone including Lotor that Haggar is his mom. That Part bothered me lol.

Hunk is the only one I feel got nothing to do or say these 6 episodes, aside from messing up.

Lance has grown on me the most.
    Spoiler:
    He’s an Galran? That seems to be falling for an Altannan like his parents are.
    Right and wrong do exist. Just because you don't know what the right answer is — maybe there's even no way you could know what the right answer is — doesn't make your answer right or even okay. It's much simpler than that. It's just plain wrong.

Spoiler:
    He’s an Galran? That seems to be falling for an Altannan like his parents are.
    Spoiler:
    Well..half. I dunno. Didn't feel Fruedian to me . I mean he seems super aware of the similarities to his father. He's the one constantly reminding Allura.

Spoiler:

Pidge is my fav
    It was less "caring" and more "Has fantasies about dominating and turning her into a slave girl." that sort of mutated into stalker obsession conquest fantasies about domineering her into being his bride. "Caring" was never part of it.

That Lotor also had lots of female attendants to pamper him. But just human slave girls, not like the badass Azula squad he has in this version.

That Lotor was also much more of a Loyal general to his father. One who couldn't accomplish anything, but... he never got to take control.
    Last edited by Robby; March 7th, 2018 at 06:33 PM.

What were the feelings that Shiro that is there is the real one, just Haggar influenced as opposed to a clone?

"I am the wings of despair. I am the breath of ruin. I am the fell dragon, Grima. Pay me the respect I am due, and I promise you a painless death."

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I hope Shiro doesn't end up dead in this series.
    He's already been around like 7 times longer than the original Shiro... who died in episode 6.

The next batch of episodes are out.

There’s a D&D episode that’s a lot of fun.

The next batch of episodes are out.

There’s a D&D episode that’s a lot of fun.
    That episode was really great.

Oh man...This wasn't marked as a final season was it? I breezed through the latest batch.

52 episodes in a 78 episode commitment. Dunno when the next season comes out.

Hidden:

Hidden:

Huh.

Spoiler:

Man, they threw some money into that final fight.

Also, finally a season ends NOT on a cliffhanger.

They still have like 20 episodes to go though.... what the heck is left? Are we actually going to go into Queen Merla territory for the last season?

Regardless, this remains about the best possible version of this franchise given the premise.... and that might at least partly because they've focusing very little on the actual magical giant robot, they don't even feel a need to force it into every single episode.

Spoiler:
    Also its nice to see that Lotor was still a villain to the end... but a villain that THINKS he's a hero and doing right. That's always way more interesting than doing evil for the lulz or just the sake of conquest.

Lotor.

Spoiler:
    I don't recall much of the original series. But this version I was really rooting for him. I suppose he's still alive and that his mother will find him powered up and or insane.

Shiro.

Spoiler:
    It's sad and very creepy they had so many clones of Shiro. I don't get why they needed so many. In the end his original body dying but his consciousness living on and then making his hair all white I suppose is okay. But it won't be the same Shiro who was like the worst D&D player lol.

Lance.

Spoiler:
    I'm kinda glad it seems like Lance may actually have a shot with Allura and that she's at least a tad okay with the idea. It would be nice if they don't have to keep doing the jealous rival thing every time a new dude talks to her...

Hunk & Pidge.

Spoiler:
    I feel like Hunk doesn't ever really get major plot stuff. He's easily the most drama free. But he only seemed to get some stand out stuff with taking control over the bickering Galra. Pidge really had nothing this season either. Her main stuff seemed mostly resolved.

Allura & Coran.

Spoiler:
    Oh man. I felt bad that she actually kissed Lotor. There was no way she'd just accept his excuse of the greater good stuff. Coren is normally not the type of character I'd like but he's amusing still. I feel bad he had to blow up the castle.

Keith.

Spoiler:
    He definitely had the most going on. But weirdly I wasn't fully interested in his plot stuff. Also Lance comments that he's bigger looking...I didn't see anything in his design that changed. I do like that we got some flashbacks about his mother's life but it seemed weird cause...Why would it pick those memories? But I did like that we got a flash of evil Shiro in the mix. I guess Keith is going to stick around as the Black lion paladin now. Shiro really should retire...

This season was pretty good overall. I'm looking forward to the next season.

I don't know how fair it is to judge this season as a "season" when it was just a handful of episodes clearly meant to be paired with the handful that came before it... during which other characters and plotlines got focus.

Keith.

Spoiler:
    He definitely had the most going on. But weirdly I wasn't fully interested in his plot stuff. Also Lance comments that he's bigger looking...I didn't see anything in his design that changed. I do like that we got some flashbacks about his mother's life but it seemed weird cause...Why would it pick those memories? But I did like that we got a flash of evil Shiro in the mix. I guess Keith is going to stick around as the Black lion paladin now. Shiro really should retire...
    In a blink or you'll miss it thing
    Spoiler:
    They spent two *years* going through that time thing, rather than the... I dunno, couple weeks everyone else had. His design didn't change that much but that was there way of addressing that.
    He wasn't much bigger but he was bigger.

As for the rift picking that stuff, we can maybe assume he was actually getting weeks or months of info at a time rather than the two minute edited clips we were getting... and that it was picking those bits because that was the last time both of them were together.

...I just cared about the wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    I don't know how fair it is to judge this season as a "season" when it was just a handful of episodes clearly meant to be paired with the handful that came before it... during which other characters and plotlines got focus.

In a blink or you'll miss it thing
    Spoiler:
    They spent two *years* going through that time thing, rather than the... I dunno, couple weeks everyone else had. His design didn't change that much but that was there way of addressing that.
    He wasn't much bigger but he was bigger.

As for the rift picking that stuff, we can maybe assume he was actually getting weeks or months of info at a time rather than the two minute edited clips we were getting... and that it was picking those bits because that was the last time both of them were together.

...I just cared about the wolf.
    Spoiler:
    I suppose that all could make sense. I just wish they either chose to add a smidgen more dialogue about what was going on with the flashbacks. Especially since it was very one sided and it only chose her past and never did the future stuff again.

The wolf felt extremely unimportant lol. Is it something that was in the original?

I just wanna know what are they gonna do with that cow once she run dry on milk.

And I don't know if it's just something the brazilian dub invented, but unless I missed something on season 1...
    Spoiler:
    Lance is cuban?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The wolf felt extremely unimportant lol. Is it something that was in the original?

No, I just think it looks super cool.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information