+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Voltron: Legendary Defender (new netflix series premiering June 10)

Default Re: Voltron: Legendary Defender (new netflix series premiering June 10)

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    No, I just think it looks super cool.
    Oh well. Yes that's very true lol.

I just caught up on the six seasons in 10 days. Thoroughly enjoying the show. I barely remember the the 80's Voltron. Wow, that season 6, though.

Spoiler:
    TBH I am hoping Lotor stays a more complicated villain, I don't want him to be just another Zarkon with pretty hair. Though I guess his connection to Altea makes him a little more complicated by default.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    And I don't know if it's just something the brazilian dub invented, but unless I missed something on season 1...
    Spoiler:
    Lance is cuban?
    Yeah, he said that in English too. And he has a bunch of siblings with Latino names. Apparently Hunk is Samoan and Pidge is...Italian? Not too many Italians with the name Holt....

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

Season 7 is out guys.

Episode 4 is the best episode ever.

Hidden:

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

And back to a 13 episode season.

Only got through the second episode, but only 13 episodes left per the original commitment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what heís lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

Only 2 eps into the new run.

Wolf is my favorite character.

Aaaaand finished it.

Spoiler:
    Yep. That certainly looked like a series finale. With that Thundercats feeling on it.

Hidden:

Daaaamn. That was a good season.

Spoiler:
    I totally thought that the power source was gonna be Lotor. All in all that was a very depressing and kinda hopeless feeling season. But I liked the episode with the diety playing game show host lol. The little bit of giving Shiro a boyfriend and then having him die was sad. Lance and Allura having squishy feelings was nice. The additional characters weren't too bad. But jerkass pilot guy was kinda annoying. I wanted a bit more from the rest of the cadets. And the Admiral straight up sucked at her job.

It does feel like the series could end there but it's open ended enough with just a few questions left that could be addressed. I liked the kinda Easter egg of where the lions all crashed on earth towards the end.

I was very pleased with this season.

Good season.

Once again they threw a crapload into the animation budget for the final episode fight.

Spoiler:
    Don't get where the random last enemy came from or why it was so powerful though. I understand you have to do SOMETHING with Voltron and not just the lions but....

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Good season.

Once again they threw a crapload into the animation budget for the final episode fight.

Spoiler:
    Don't get where the random last enemy came from or why it was so powerful though. I understand you have to do SOMETHING with Voltron and not just the lions but....
    Spoiler:
    I think it's a Robeast using one of Lotor's hidden Alteans
    Quote Originally Posted by John Adams
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

Last season airs Decemeber 14th.

So anyone else watched the finale? Because I just....

Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    So anyone else watched the finale? Because I just....

https://i.gifer.com/ZS8R.gif
    Yup and yuuuuuuup.

So the voltron fandom on twitter thinks this last season was garbage. 70% of why relating to klance
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    So the voltron fandom on twitter thinks this last season was garbage. 70% of why relating to klance
    As to be expected. There was a scene where I was pretty sure they were trolling those shippers lol.

I’ve only watched the first season of this show a while back (I thought it was fine, but not enough to keep up with), but I’ve always wondered why it’s shipping fandom was so insane, even compared to stuff like Naruto and MHA. It genuinely makes no sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBits View Post
    Iíve only watched the first season of this show a while back (I thought it was fine, but not enough to keep up with), but Iíve always wondered why itís shipping fandom was so insane, even compared to stuff like Naruto and MHA. It genuinely makes no sense to me.
    I think the shipping in this show maybe had a slight chance with how progressive it kinda already was. So klance shippers had slight hope. Unlike Naruto or MHA. I think most of those fandom know there would never be a same sex couple. Personally I have somehow managed to avoid the toxic Voltron fandom. I've only seen snippets and heard tales. But I never see how bad it supposedly is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    I think the shipping in this show maybe had a slight chance with how progressive it kinda already was. So klance shippers had slight hope. Unlike Naruto or MHA. I think most of those fandom know there would never be a same sex couple. Personally I have somehow managed to avoid the toxic Voltron fandom. I've only seen snippets and heard tales. But I never see how bad it supposedly is.
    Y'all remember how in 2015-2016 SU fans got a reputation for being a toxic fan base

Well voltron took the baton and ran with it. Besides the occasional death threat to the writers, there was a time where someone taking a tour got pictures of some future episodes and tried blackmailing the crew so they'd make Klance canon or they'd spoil the series (in reality the pictures were that big of spoilers) but just the gall. Idk I'm not gonna say it's all bad obviously but the bad ones are really loud on twitter especially.
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

This season....Hit me in the feels way harder than I'm comfortable with lol.

Ending:
    Spoiler:
    Damn that was one progressive end lol. Where did that dude come from?

Personal Journeys:
    Spoiler:
    I like where they all ended up but I still want to tear up when I think about poor Lance.

Silly Things:
    Spoiler:
    Hah. Friggin Chip.

Boss Fight(s):
    Spoiler:
    Good lord that was intense. Honerva really recalled up the kill count. Way more than I would have expected from a cartoon not really aimed at older folks lol. I kinda felt like I was watching a Final Fantasy bad guy at one point. She really felt unbeatable.

Aside from the Lance thing. I'm happy with how this ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    This season....Hit me in the feels way harder than I'm comfortable with lol.

Ending:
    Spoiler:
    Damn that was one progressive end lol. Where did that dude come from?
    Spoiler:
    I think that's the lieutenant that filmed the entire Day 47 episode.

Hidden:

[QUOTE=KageKageKing;3955233]
    Spoiler:
    I think that's the lieutenant that filmed the entire Day 47 episode.
    [/QUOTE
    Spoiler:
    Kinkade? Huh. I need to find a screenshot now. I thought this dude was different looking. Oh that was Curtis. One of the other pilots.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information