+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Random Fun Facts about Animals

King of the Monsters Lucky Dragon's Avatar

Default Re: Random Fun Facts about Animals

Yep, in the Brave Wilderness video Coyote Peterson says the short tailed weasel has a bite force of 150 lbs (68 kg) per square inch. I just found Femme's point very interesting, people do tend to fixate on the worst attributes of certain animals and exaggerate them. Villainizing said animal in the process.

That said, I would like to lend a better visual aid to your point Jabberwok.

We also see rabbits don't believe in being good samaritans.

The fact is that humans cannot control or judge the Gods. In Japan there are many Gods. There is a God of Destruction. He totally destroys everything and then there is a rebirth. Godzilla is closer to being that kind of God. Shōgo Tomiyama

Oh hey there, what's in her- *gets blown away by cuteness*

I love this thread~

Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Dragon View Post
    Otters just have this way about them you know? They can really brighten up a day.

How do you feel about weasels? They have a similar overblown negative public image skunks have.

Hidden:

That isn't to say their reputation is totally without merit though.

Hidden:

*smoothly adds videos to her collection*

Weasels are pretty cute, sorta like a tube-shaped mammal that I desire to grasp and walk around with. Too bad they're batshit insane and if I saw one in the wild I'd have to fear for my life D:

I think I'd fall for the crazy-bouncing-on-crack distraction like the rabbit and I'd get taken out while I stare in amazement. Honestly, who could possibly not watch that?

They're pretty hyper though, and kind of the reason I'm not too much into ferrets as pets either, cuz I just want my pet to calm the fuck down and enjoy my pets, dammit!

But as an elongated attack animal they're pretty badass. I feel like someone should create a character that fights with a pack of whimsical weasels. o_o

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Whaaaaaaat :o
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I half expected a "meep meep" sound at the end of it.

If anyone's interested, Planet Earth is back with new episodes and hot damn are they gorgeous.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Did you know that baby sloths need to cuddle something during the first few months of their lives or else they may refuse to eat to the point of literally starving to death? If their mother isn't around, a teddy or plush can work as an effective substitute for a snuggle buddy.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Powerlevel = 1 Cavendish Cavendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    effective substitute for a snuggle buddy.
    Sounds like something to add to my resume

People probably already know this but turtles are total bros:

Quote Originally Posted by Nolus View Post
    I think Oda made a mistake and the children aren't really being taken home by the marines, but rather, they'll eat them. Oda just confused the word "take" with "eat". It happens.

Burrowing owls tend to live alongside burrowing animals, such as prairie dogs. They may even feel inclined to rescue their neighbors from predators. When this happens Steven Tyler must drop whatever he's doing and narrate what's going on.

The fact is that humans cannot control or judge the Gods. In Japan there are many Gods. There is a God of Destruction. He totally destroys everything and then there is a rebirth. Godzilla is closer to being that kind of God. Shōgo Tomiyama

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Dragon View Post
    Burrowing owls tend to live alongside burrowing animals, such as prairie dogs. They may even feel inclined to rescue their neighbors from predators. When this happens Steven Tyler must drop whatever he's doing and narrate what's going on.

Omg Steven Tyler narrating nature docs is just what I was missing in life lmao.

This thread has become so good the past few days. I can live here now.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    If anyone's interested, Planet Earth is back with new episodes and hot damn are they gorgeous.
    HANS ZIMMER! Planet Earth 2, right? Where you watching it?
    Last edited by Femme; February 26th, 2017 at 07:45 PM.
    Hidden:

I came across it a few days ago and have been watching a bunch ever since! It's on BBC America here so I'm not sure what you get it on.

Snow leopards are so preeeeeetty

Ohhhhh. I don't have cable so I guess I'll try online.

I was watching the first series the other day on a family member's super high quality tv and it was gloriousss
    Hidden:

There are a fair number of clips on YouTube, if nothing else. Like this one!

Get up offa that thing!
    And scratch till you feel better!
    Get up offa that thing!
    And scratch!

HEUH!
    GOOD GOD.
    Hidden:

Komodo dragons are the ultimate evolved form of monitor lizard. As their name implies, they are dragon type monitor lizards. Their lack of wings and usage of the skill dig to make burrows to live in suggests they are also ground types. They are venomous, so they're poison types too.

Hidden:
    Komodo dragons make use of their signature move poison fang in the first video. One even takes the time to slide around in mud, further suggesting they are indeed ground types. We also see how incredibly apathetic water buffaloes can be. I also like the music towards the end of this video, very dragony. Because this video demonstrates how komodo dragons hunt, it gets abit graphic towards the end. It's brief though.

No violence in this one beyond one dragon giving another a light tail slap. The video measures how strong their bite can be too. I just like this one because the komodo dragons remind me of a feral cat colony.

Komodo dragons can be quite ferocious and cannot truly be domesticated. However, if you capture one, are nice to them, and impress them by winning enough gym badges, it's possible to befriend them. Doing so is not advisable for anyone below the level of elite four mastery however.

Hidden:

This last video showcases behavioral enrichment, it's basically an exercise designed to keep animals in captivity healthy physically and mentally.

According to completely accurate laws of the world, Poison-Ground type Komodo Dragons are vulnerable to water types, like ducks, ice types, like penguins, psychic types, like chimpanzees, and strangely ground types, like other Komodo dragons.

It's too bad they aren't dragons, cuz that would improve their chances significantly, but it would also make them 4x as weak to penguins, and that's just pathetic.
    Hidden:

With all due respect, if you believe that you underestimate the mighty penguin. There's no shame in losing to one. Especially if they have the doting parent stat bonus.

Hidden:

If you recognize the voice of the narrator in this video, that's because it's none other than Jane Lynch!

They must learn to be fearless warriors at a young age as a rite of passage into adulthood.

Hidden:

They're also basically living torpedoes!

Hidden:

Komodo Dragons also have really, really bad breath.

「 ゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴ 」

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

So a giraffe live cam exists.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

That giraffe needs a friend. I volunteer o.o
    Hidden:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information