+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Smartest One Piece character?

I Like Video Game Music hosemisnuba's Avatar

Default Re: Smartest One Piece character?

Vegapunk, Caesar, Robin, Franky, Nami, Kuro, Crocodile, Sengoku, Vegapunk, Galdino, and Beckman I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by tarigarma View Post
    I am surprised there is almost none mention of Sanji. I don't know why I assumed he would be on the smart group, was it not stated at some point that he fights with his brain? or was that way to long ago to be taken seriously now?
    *gazes at the sky*
    I did mention in my 1st post. But that was the Sanji I once liked, the trying-too-hard-to-be-suave, the badass cook who won't let anyone go hungry, the Mr Prince Sanji. Basically the pre-timeskip Sanji. Not the nosebleed kun, creeper-who-disrespects-his-own-crewmates-body, post-timeskip Sanji. Waiting for the Big Mom saga to bring back the Sanji I once liked so much.

↑Biological Weaopn of Doom and Destruction

Battle Genius : Luffy and Zoro - Haven't seen others come up with crazy battle styles besides these two.

Book Smarts : Nicro Robin , Orahara Scholars, Nami , Vegapunk and Franky

Overall Intelligence : Kuro , Nami , Benn Beckman, (not sure if Sanji belongs..)

Quote Originally Posted by le crystal View Post
    *gazes at the sky*
    I did mention in my 1st post. But that was the Sanji I once liked, the trying-too-hard-to-be-suave, the badass cook who won't let anyone go hungry, the Mr Prince Sanji. Basically the pre-timeskip Sanji. Not the nosebleed kun, creeper-who-disrespects-his-own-crewmates-body, post-timeskip Sanji. Waiting for the Big Mom saga to bring back the Sanji I once liked so much.
    nami too, in a very different way, disrespected sanji's body

in any case, idk why basically a stupid joke by oda was taken so seriously by many. i don't think it was intended to offend women rather than exposing post time skip sanji's obsession with girl
    "I'm simply an accident. Why take it all so seriously?"

*gazes at the sky*
    I KNOW!! I recently read some pre TS stuff and I forgot how badass Sanji was!

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar
    Topping the worldwide popularity contest, of course

*gazes at the sky*
    I don't disagree with Sanji's change, but I have to correct something. People keep saying that "TS this, TS that, the series is like this or like that since the TS, this character is now whatever since the TS". I don't think the TS changed the series that much. We just had an arc a cut below the average with Fishman Island and a very long arc that tired many people. It could have happened before or after the skip, people have to stop exaggerating its effects on the series already.

In regards to Sanji, he didn't change in the timeskip, his character began the mutation by the end of Water 7 with the bounty poster. By Thriller Bark, he was already this heart eyed, nosebleeding perv (there is even the invisibility frui story and Nami's marriage and all). It all began back then, in 2007, not after the TS in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanos2 View Post
    Beckman is said to have the highest IQ from East Blue.
    Highest IQ of all the characters revealed in the East Blue saga. Not from East Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrior View Post
    I don't disagree with Sanji's change, but I have to correct something. People keep saying that "TS this, TS that, the series is like this or like that since the TS, this character is now whatever since the TS". I don't think the TS changed the series that much. We just had an arc a cut below the average with Fishman Island and a very long arc that tired many people. It could have happened before or after the skip, people have to stop exaggerating its effects on the series already.

In regards to Sanji, he didn't change in the timeskip, his character began the mutation by the end of Water 7 with the bounty poster. By Thriller Bark, he was already this heart eyed, nosebleeding perv (there is even the invisibility frui story and Nami's marriage and all). It all began back then, in 2007, not after the TS in 2010.
    Maybe the choice of my words are wrong... But what I meant to say was Sanji is a man who can be described in various ways: a cook, a tactician, a badass, a fighter, a pervert, a gentleman and much more.
    My biggest gripe is that the different sides of him has sort of been sort of sidelined, with his perverted side put on more focus, and being overplayed, especially during the Fishman Island arc and the Punk Hazard arc. I just hope Oda puts the focus on his other aspects as well, not just the pervert aspect.

↑Biological Weaopn of Doom and Destruction

Maybe the choice of my words are wrong... But what I meant to say was Sanji is a man who can be described in various ways: a cook, a tactician, a badass, a fighter, a pervert, a gentleman and much more.
    My biggest gripe is that the different sides of him has sort of been sort of sidelined, with his perverted side put on more focus, and being overplayed, especially during the Fishman Island arc and the Punk Hazard arc. I just hope Oda puts the focus on his other aspects as well, not just the pervert aspect.
    It seems that after the TS, all the strawhats sort of pushed a reset button, keeping just the basics of who they were before. It's probably just Oda's way of writing, like he sort of did after every arc in the first half, where each new adventure didn't keep that much from the previous one (but thankfully at least for the arcs it's not like that anymore). So for the new world, it seems that starting with Sanji we will go through the process of knowing more the characters than we did before, but it's a slow process and so Oda has some of them on hold until that point.

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar
    Topping the worldwide popularity contest, of course

I understood exactly what you mean and agree with it. But I must insist that you're wrong about the TS being the breaking point. Thriller Bark was the pervert Sanji's first arc, right after his amazing performance in Enies Lobby. During TB, his plot consisted of envying Absalom because of the invisibility fruit that Sanji wanted so he could peek into girls bathrooms, and being involved in saving Nami from being married to Absalom. It was a ridiculous story that revolved around his perviness. During Sabaody, or should I say before, Sanji was nosebleeding and being heart eyed because of Camie, most of the time. Not to mention that the introductory story to Sabaody was... a character with Sanji's horrible wanted poster face. Another Sanji joke, in the end. After Sabaody, he was sent flying by Kuma to Kamabakka, the land of Okamas. And we all know ow that went. Another Sanji manliness joke. Honestly, compared to all of this, Punk Hazard was a natural joke typical from a story that has a guy in a woman's body. I actually really liked Sanji's performance during PH, with saving Kin'emon and leading the marines being very honorable/gentlemanly and funny, respectively. Fishman Island's treatment of Sanji is the one that no one can disagree with. It went way too far for way too long. But it would still have happened if the arc happened before the timeskip, as we originally expected before Sabaody's disaster was a thing.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Yobiyopi View Post
    It seems that after the TS, all the strawhats sort of pushed a reset button, keeping just the basics of who they were before. It's probably just Oda's way of writing, like he sort of did after every arc in the first half, where each new adventure didn't keep that much from the previous one (but thankfully at least for the arcs it's not like that anymore). So for the new world, it seems that starting with Sanji we will go through the process of knowing more the characters than we did before, but it's a slow process and so Oda has some of them on hold until that point.
    I also don't really agree with this. Luffy has always been the same, arc after arc. Actually the TS seems to have reinforced his conviction of saving others, as he stated in Fishman Island and Dressrosa, showing him as a mentally stronger person after overcoming Ace's death. Zoro also changed, but many people think he changed for the worse. He became more stoic and emotionless. More like Law, instead of embracing the SH funny side like many times in the past. Let's see how he unfolds during Wano and beyond. Nami hasn't been given enough focus, so I agree with her just showing her basic characteristics. Sexy girl who likes money. Although she had her motherly moment which was very nice in Punk Hazard. Usopp actually showed a more confident side to him in battle, back in FI. And then in Dressrosa he had some good amount of focus and had some nice developments. Sanji is getting his time to shine only now. Chopper and Brook, I also agree with your comment on only keeping the basics. That's the good thing about the next arc. The SH members currently underdeveloped post-TS are getting some focus again. Robin had some moments that really show how far she's come as a person and as a Straw Hat, in Dressrosa, versus Gladius and Hakuba, and in Zou, when talking about how well protected she is by her friends. Franky... hasn't really had character development. The most he had was asking Luffy to fight alongside the Dwarves. But on the other hand, he's been cool as all hell. I've been liking him a lot since the TS and it seems Oda likes him too, he's kept him in the fray and gave him lots of panel time in all arcs thus far. Aaaand there's my take on it. Sorry for the post being longer than intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycrow View Post
    Nobody mentioned Doflamingo? He at least deserves a runner-up somewhere; he's a good strategist, just got overpowered.
    Considering he gave every weapon for his deafeat, he isn't that good.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by YoiYoi View Post
    Blackbeard, Crocodile, Nami, Robin, Sengoku, Akainu...
    Blackbeard is plain luck and plot.
    Akainu hasn't done anything brilliant from what I remember.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

It isn't canon but Komei from Adventure of Nebulandia was pretty damn smart, he would have succeeded in capturing the entire Straw Hats and killing Luffy were it not for his men's incompetence and a luckily placed trinket that saved Luffy

Spoiler:

First one is Vegapunk, aftet him goes Benn.

Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skadi View Post
    Dont forget Rayleigh
    Don't Forget Shakky, right after the war she knew exactly where Luffy could be, whereas Ray had no idea.
    Aside from that female Intuition Thing, I'll go with Vegapunk. I'm excited for his quirk(s).
    actual sized Queen-GIF (alternative colours): https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

just to say but being an extremely intelligent individual as vegapunk is doesn't necesserily mean being a smart ass, it's two different things in my opinion.
    also being manipulative and clever as doflamingo is it's not being smart, as it was shown at the end of dressrosa.

to me, for what we have seen, one of the smartest guy in OP is USOPP
    "I'm simply an accident. Why take it all so seriously?"

yes you are right it was indeed overplayed and quite annoying having this only nosebleed sanji that lets face it has not yet done anything but being a pervert. But I still have faith in him playing a good part in cake island :)
    On the other hand, I don't agree with the excessive offence some took at the punk hazard event with Nami's body.
    Lazyness is my superpower

have to be Vegapunk.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Easily Vegapunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraco View Post
    just to say but being an extremely intelligent individual as vegapunk is doesn't necesserily mean being a smart ass, it's two different things in my opinion.
    also being manipulative and clever as doflamingo is it's not being smart, as it was shown at the end of dressrosa.

to me, for what we have seen, one of the smartest guy in OP is USOPP
    Of course different kind of situations requires different kind of smartness .But i think intellectuality and scientific intelligence are the safest way to determine it;that's what we do in real world.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information