+ Reply to Thread
Page 146 of 149 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 144 145 146 147 148 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,920 of 2967

Thread: Bleach Discussion █: Soul Society, but not!

Default Re: Bleach Discussion █: Ulquiorra goes to Kingdom Hearts

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Even got that weird hair accessory....What's with notable authors coming back and reusing the same designs? Lol.
    When you have a recognizable art style things will end up looking similar.
    Especially if you use the "best looking" designs for the main characters of a manga of the same genre.

But seriously it's Byakuya but actually a girl

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    But seriously it's Byakuya but actually a girl
    with orihime's boobs

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    with orihime's boobs
    this might be the scandalous sequel we've been waiting for

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

It looks like there going to be one shot for Bleach in Issue 33 as well (same issue which Burn the Witch going to release), called Bleach to Boku.

However, this one shot is by Hasegawa Tomohiro (author of Spring Weapon Number One) not by Kubo, himself. So, it is most likely be comedy one shot.

where is my Rukia sequel

So if this is right apparently Burn the Witch takes place in Bleach universe because:

Spoiler:
    This is the western branch of Soul Society. And the world will not end------

https://www.reddit.com/r/bleach/comments/8y52y1/burn_the_witch_spoilers/

S
    o Kubo rips off Yu Yu Hakusho and now Harry Potter?

Huge salt till true though, since it just from reddit.
    Last edited by Jaime; July 12th, 2018 at 12:35 AM.

While I love calling Kubo a hack:

His original concept of Bleach was of cowboy grim reapers, with puryfing guns. A highly bureocratic other world wasn't invented by Togashi, and I doubt that even Toriyama.

JKRowling didn't invent the "secret academy" or did anything ingenious for wizardfolk, she did it ok, and tried to update it to the 20th century (while we ended reading it in the 21th. Time has turned wondrous items like the marauder map, the talking pictures, or any comunication device into pale shadows of smartphones.

Meaning: I invite you to not burn him because lack of originality, but his true weaknesess, overuse of "space", lack of propper pacing, characters with innane motivations, the protagonist becoming a ball of manbearpigness, popular villains being redeemed offscreen, standar shonen sexism, universal sameface syndrome, being too clever for his own good, being too vague for his own good, being too explicit for his own good, creating needleslly large villain groups while under a deadline, making too many characters in order to get his creative juice flowing, lack of humbleness, using color pages to draw people in black clothes in white environments, selecting Polpo as the best Jojo character, lack of humilty, and I bet he smells.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

The translation I hope is way off...It sounds like he's trying to make pervy stuff more central.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
    So if this is right apparently Burn the Witch takes place in Bleach universe because:

Spoiler:
    This is the western branch of Soul Society. And the world will not end------

https://www.reddit.com/r/bleach/comments/8y52y1/burn_the_witch_spoilers/
    Spoiler:

This....basically seems like Bleach with a dash of Harry Potter. Like dragons are cool as heck but why do they have to be tied to death and not being seen, that's...just repeating what Hollows were. The "older brother" thing already seems to be a repeat of Sora Inoue.
    But I suppose it'd be fine if Kubo takes the world and story in a different direction.

Western branch of Soul Society? I don't like that idea at all. It's a new series, and I think the author should start anew from the drawing board, not wink as hard as he can to readers of Bleach. Like DB had Dr. Slump characters but only for a chapter or two for a quick gag. And I'm pretty sure Fairy Tail didn't star Rave characters running around?

Basically, it undermines this new story if it has to make up for Bleach's own shoddy worldbuilding. Perhaps the line is just a metaphor, I dunno

Spoiler:
    I mean, we do know that 1st Division Lieutenaut went to Europe in some missions so...

Jojo is one of the most successful manga series of all times. The whole cloth of western comics are built upon years and years of continuing the same stories. I have to fact check this, but it seems like Tetsuka, also known as the god of manga, treated his characters as actors rather than independent characters.

tldr; I see nothing wrong with recycling, as long as it turns into something good. Sure is Kubo, he'll find some way to fail.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Is just me or mustachio guy looks eerily similar to Don Ramon from Chavo?
    And there's nothing wrong with recycling things, it's just that Kubo, and Mashima while we are on the subject, proved themselves to be unable to make it work in any sense.

Default Re: Bleach Discussion █: Soul Society, but not!

Looks like it's true

https://www.reddit.com/r/bleach/comm...y_west_branch/
    Yeah it's basically confirmed.

Again this is just a one shot.

For those of you who don't understand it, there's a hidden meaning in the title. If you outline the specific letters and shapes, it says URN H VIT

Quote Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
    Yeah it's basically confirmed.

Again this is just a one shot.
    argh i'm making an AL post

We should make a youtube video and become a bleach theorist.

Yeah, we all, as one blob of conciousnes.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    I have to fact check this, but it seems like Tetsuka, also known as the god of manga, treated his characters as actors rather than independent characters.
    Do you mean Tezuka? Osamu Tezuka? Astro Boy, Kimba, Black Jack, Phoenix, etc?

Yeah, he had a stock set of character types. He also drew 700 volumes of manga in 40 years. basically 10 pages a day his entire life (not even getting into the animation stuff.)

Other artists have stock character types too and that's not a crime, but... mix it up some if you can.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information