+ Reply to Thread
Page 153 of 153 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153
Results 3,041 to 3,059 of 3059

Thread: Bleach Discussion █: Soul Society, but not!

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Default Re: Bleach Discussion █: Soul Society, but not!

Yeah this is going way overboard, like Nomura overdoing final fantasy designs or his hideous take on batman.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Still on the "Beyond Resurrección", they revealed Szayelaporro, Aaroniero and Starrk:

Respects for using Aaroniero actual appearance instead of his fan-appealing Kaien face. Still they all look like generic mobile game villains (... well, I suppose that's what they are).

EDIT: This one is better to see the designs: https://imgur.com/a/nfTWd2n

Oh God they managed to ruin Stark.
    Kubo probably makes more money from this game than his manga last dwindling years

I wonder if Lillinete is still inside of Stark.

Ok, looking again I realized Aaroniero has hands for feet and Starrk got built-in guns in his arms and legs... I admit I found those details pretty cool.

Looking closely, it appears as if he has bird's feet instead of hands for feet.
    Kubology: The blind and unthinking acceptance of whatever Kubo writes.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanegoh View Post
    Looking closely, it appears as if he has bird's feet instead of hands for feet.
    I mean...

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Oh, right. That's Aaroniero. I was confusing him for Szayelaporro.
    Kubology: The blind and unthinking acceptance of whatever Kubo writes.

Kinda happy we're getting a Society-Quincy war adaptation somehow, even if only by videogame.
    Prediction.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    a team of allosaurus, spinosaurus, pterodactyl, branchiosaurus, triceratops and ankylosaurus, keeping the T-Rex one for King and megalodon for Queen.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    what if Rocks wanted to become the king of world... and he did i? Imu revealed to be Rocks could be a twist

Just started rereading this series a few days back, just finished Soul Society

Man I forgot how much I loved the beginning, but pretty much all downhill from here if I remember correctly

Well cracking jokes and reading other people's posts here at the time quite made up for how bad it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Just started rereading this series a few days back, just finished Soul Society

Man I forgot how much I loved the beginning, but pretty much all downhill from here if I remember correctly
    The thing is SS arc was just a set-up. Since all the Aizen stuff was carried over to the Arrancar arc and all the Shinigami hidden backgrounds were delayed to be explained later, the SS arc didn't had to actually finish any plot line, didn't had to wrap anything up and that's exactly Kubo's downside. It's when Kubo has to leave all the teasing and actually get somewhere that you can see how messy his writing is, but since the SS arc didn't had to deal with any of that we could just see Bleach in all its teasing and hype glory.

The Arrancar arc is pretty much like that too until the point the Captains arrive at Hueco Mundo and we move to the final acts.

I'd argue that the main plotline of SS- the rescue of Rukia- was fairly well rounded, with a proper crescendo, climax, and closure. More to come was teased with Aizen at the end, but that didn't mean the core conflict of the arc was unresolved.

Discovered Stowaway El-Matematico's Avatar

I find it weird that very few people seem to have a problem with the absurd power creep that was the soul society arc. Everything is hyped to hell only to be defeated a bit later. The plot is set up as an infiltration/rescue but it has the MCs defeating the division captains 1 on 1. Because they trained a whole week. As a power fantasy character Ichigo is worse than any isekai protagonist from the last decade.
    I hate quacks.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Matematico View Post
    I find it weird that very few people seem to have a problem with the absurd power creep that was the soul society arc. Everything is hyped to hell only to be defeated a bit later. The plot is set up as an infiltration/rescue but it has the MCs defeating the division captains 1 on 1. Because they trained a whole week. As a power fantasy character Ichigo is worse than any isekai protagonist from the last decade.
    I was so young back then lol. I was just hyped by the fights. The anime made them super exciting. I didn't think too much on the power scales being wonky

Yea, the anime deserves all the credit. It made the earlier part of the series that much more exciting and fun.

Bleach was my gateaway to anime/manga. Funny how things change. Bleach used to be the most impressive and crazy series in middle-school for me.

Ah, good times.

Edit: Invasion OST is still the best thing to come out of this franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Matematico View Post
    Not really. For Uryu to defeat a captain he had to (supposedly) sacrifice all the power he could ever have (so it's similar to what Gon did in HxH to also access extreme power). Him aside, only Ichigo managed to defeat captains and he is the main character who was hinted to have a monstrous entity inside him giving him power-ups. If you exclude Ichigo (and Uryu's one-time-only power-up), we didn't saw any of the other members of the main group stand a chance against lieutenants, much less captains.

All the way until the very end of the manga, the Captain remained being the parameter for what a powerful character would be, so I would say it handled the power creep very well.

Ichigo having a last training session before fighting Byakuya was the lamest idea for a training session since the Hyperbolic Time Chamber....And then we get exactly that at the end of Fake Karakura arc.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information