+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 149 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach Discussion █: Soul Society, but not!

Default Re: Bleach Discussion 6: The Road Goes Ever On

Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post
    Yes, that is indeed retarded.

In fact that entire section about it's cancellation goes to show you why we can't have nice things in media.
    Also, part of the reason why the toys weren't selling that well was that the show a lot of female fans. Who don't buy male action figures that vigorously. Of course, it's smarter to just cancel the whole damn thing instead of making more female action figures.

I highly recommend the show, especially if you feel DC sidekicks deserve more love. It's both fun and sufficiently mature to hold someone in his 30s on screen. As I understand, there were some unresolved plotlines at the end, but there's some talk of Netflix picking it up for season 3.

Only when you watch a first couple of episodes will you start to realize how profoundly retarded the decision really was.

This was a Bleach thread? I don't know, the plot is getting stale. Everything we've seen in the last chapter is the repeat of what happened earlier. Gerard killed? Reforms into a better version. Jugo and Ishida talk instead of fighting again. Ichigo is about to fight Bach. Is this even the last cycle?
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Default Re: Bleach Discussion -0: Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

I like that even though it this arc is all about Ishida and he is apparently second only to Bach, he is still treated poorly.

I haven't read since some dude became an arm and stuff. Worth catching back up? Around two Yeats of content I think.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    I haven't read since some dude became an arm and stuff. Worth catching back up? Around two Yeats of content I think.
    That was less than a year ago.

If you mean Pernida.
    Last edited by Razh; May 5th, 2016 at 05:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    The Armdude vs Mayuri was considerably better fight than the rest. For one thing, it's a rare instance where Bleach villain doesn't blabber about their powers until the very end. Though unfortunately, the same thing can't be said about its conclusion.
    "Where in this frail body do I find the strength to stand up?"

I don't know which is sadder, 2 pages in the new Bleach thread and a grand total of 0 nice comments, or the fact that nobody even bothers to create a new Fairy Tail thread.

↑Biological Weaopn of Doom and Destruction

New thread. Same Bleach.
    Everything's Eventual...

Quote Originally Posted by le crystal View Post
    I don't know which is sadder, 2 pages in the new Bleach thread and a grand total of 0 nice comments, or the fact that nobody even bothers to create a new Fairy Tail thread.
    What's a fairy tail?

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Maybe this one will be the last. But then, Naruto ended but then kept going so who the hfil knows. Aizen?

THE HISTORY OF THE BLEACH THREAD

Bleach Discussion Part 1 February 13th, 2005- November 12th, 2007 (closed for no real reason)
    Bleach Discussion Part 2 November 12th, 2007-November 12th, 2009 (Exactly two years!)
    Felch Discussion Part 3 November 12th, 2009-August 19th, 2010
    Felch Discussion Part 4 August 19th, 2010-April 20th, 2011
    Felch Discussion 0 April 20th, 2011-August 3rd, 2011 (Who said Felch discussion went from 1 to 5?)

THE AWFUL FUSION

NARUTO AND BLEACH I August 3rd, 2011-February 15, 2012 (The Miserable Picture)
    NARUTO AND BLEACH II February 15th, 2012-October 27th, 2012 (The Wrath of Kishi & Kubo)
    NARUTO AND BLEACH III October 30th, 2012-August 8th, 2013 (The Search for Suck)
    NARUTO AND BLEACH IV August 8th, 2013-July 2nd, 2014 (The Voyage Hurts)
    NARUTO AND BLEACH V July 2nd, 2014-October 6th, 2014 (The Not-So-Final Frontier)

NARUTO THREAD RESUMES WITH THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE SERIES ENDING... includes pointless spinoff about Sakura's daughter.

NARUTO THREAD XI October 6th, 2014-current (The Garden Salad is Finished)
    Bleach Discussion 0 October 6th, 2014-May 4, 2016 (One is the loneliest number you'll ever do)
    I always found it weird when we had merged Naruto & Bleach threads, that and most of these threads having a lifespan of a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    Kubo sent us to hell, but we're going even deeper!
    How long til Kubo plays us like a damn fiddle (again) tho?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

I can't even.....this thread.....i just can't even any more...bleh

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Come on guys! Bleach has given us plenty of good moments! Don't you remember all those amazingly well forshadowed Bankais, the incredible complexity of Bach's motives and the villains, the deep character development for Chad, Inoue and Rukia, the beautiful backgrounds, the leaps and strides ichigo's character has gone through!

Kubo's on a roll!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch
    You're the kind of person that can't make the difference between "facts" and "far-righty rambling" but somehow you think you can legit talk like this. You're the Ben Shapiro of this forum
    Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Well I'm always one for a nostalgic swing. Let me talk about a favorite dynamic of mine:

Hidden:

The relationship between Yachiru and Kenpachi.....Bleach has this running theme of having two really different people be captain and vice-captain, allowing for some hilarious if not memorable dynamics. You have this berserker of a man being led by an adorable, pink-haired girl riding on his shoulder. The two operated on the same wavelength, and honestly....their meeting flashback still stands as one of my favorites.

I'm a gigantic sucker for the trope of this terrifying figure being humanized by the presence of an innocent young sidekick. Zanpakutou spirit or not, my heart is charmed when I see Yachiru hanging around Kenpachi. (in the same vein I like Kensei+Mashiro)

Sadly, I think the problem was that over time - starting with the end of the Hueco Mundo arc - Kubo kinda phased Yachiru out of Kenpachi's appearances, so that we never got to see more flashbacks between the two, and maybe, Yachiru fighting for her father/captain. It REALLY didn't help when the databook power nonsense and this arc alone transforming Kenpachi into a rugged but still able to be challenged (Ichigo + Tousen) fighter, into a unloseable badass who manages to win everything with brute force and 0 effort. And while that is still fun to have in a series where people have overcomplicated powers and swing magic swords, I feel like a lot of my personal love has gone.

If you want to see more, check out my Applied Logic article on Kenpachi.

Quote Originally Posted by Domingo View Post
    The Armdude vs Mayuri was considerably better fight than the rest. For one thing, it's a rare instance where Bleach villain doesn't blabber about their powers until the very end. Though unfortunately, the same thing can't be said about its conclusion.
    I stopped reading after that because I only read it because it was a Mayuri fight. Mayuri was one of the few reasons to read at that point.

Default Re: Bleach and Fairy Tail Discussion -0: No one cares anyway

I didn't even realize that had also reached 500 pages. Interesting timing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    I always found it weird when we had merged Naruto & Bleach threads,
    OK.

Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar

I don't know if I can take the thread this way. How can I talk about that greatest manga of all time when its associated with that bland, shallow trash. These flavors do not blend, and I'll have no part of it.

Spoiler:
    I like the tension as this Ichigo fight is starting. Team Hunco Mundo is dying against a dead enemy, meanwhile the team with three characters with clashing fanbases lost their fight. Bleach's lack of care for it's characters is being used to it's advantage, as now Kubo remembered that these guys don't need to win their fight. Good thinking. That doesn't make this good, but I like that choice being made among everything.

I've missed the chapters of Fairy Tail where the lady in the bikini got captured. I know she sneezed and got knocked out, but I don't get why she's on the guild's side now. I don't think I'll go back to read it either. After years of reading manga for the sake of completion...I think I've learned to move on. I'm half-serious about everything, but really Fairy Tail does nothing for me now.

We're Malachite now
    Quote Originally Posted by John Adams
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

Well this is inconvenient. I don't even read Fairy Tail. The last I remember glancing at, Lucy got hit with that strip-breath or whatever from that dragon.

Oh, I stopped reading Fairy Tail a loooooonnnng time ago. Way longer than Bleach.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    Well this is inconvenient. I don't even read Fairy Tail. The last I remember glancing at, Lucy got hit with that strip-breath or whatever from that dragon.
    Here's your crash course:

1. "OH NOES! Bad guys, they so stronk!"
    2. "Aw man guys, I don't know how we'll ever beat these super awesome powerful bad guys that we've never heard of beforFRIENDSHIP- Yay, We won! :D"
    3. Go back to step 1.

Also Zeref keeps mary suing himself into everyone and everything's history.

Holy shit just when I thought this thread could not get any worse...I really dont know which of these series sucks more but I stopped reading FT long ago because how fuckin predictable it was...not even fan service could keep me reading. I think Natsu presents everything I hate on shonen main charecters...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information