+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach Discussion █: Soul Society, but not!

Default Re: Bleach and Fairy Tail Discussion -0: No one cares anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    I guess it had to happen sometime. As long as noone expects me to do biting satire comparing and contrasting the series' failings (which would require me to read Fairy Tail), I'm good.
    I love your critical analysis whether it's pure trash like Bleach, or something that I love like One Piece. That said we need you alive to contribute, and you shouldn't be subjected to literal hell. If need be I'll try to take the mantle since I read both series.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    This is also true.

Then again I wouldn't know. Is Fairy Tail on its way out, or something? It has....what 500+ chapters now?
    The way it's going we should be in the last arc. Then again, it can always Bleach/FT it's way by a new thing popping up because why not. Zeref could be Aizen of the arc, and all new things could happen by adding a new country or some kind of beings that could drag things on.

Didn't Mashima state that this arc may or may not be the final arc? Therefore, he doesn't even know himself.

I really hope it's not the end because... I really want to see way more tits and asses when he will introduce some kind of Rabbit Goddesses who are way stronger and way more powerful than anything beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholemew Bear View Post
    Didn't Mashima state that this arc may or may not be the final arc? Therefore, he doesn't even know himself.

I really hope it's not the end because... I really want to see way more tits and asses when he will introduce some kind of Rabbit Goddesses who are way stronger and way more powerful than anything beforehand.
    Aren't they beating gods already?

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

To line up Bleach and Fairy Tail in one thread is meh idea.

Fairy Tail is in leaque of its own when it comes to how shitty it is.. Bleach is far better manga.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Aren't they beating gods already?
    But I want more gods who are more powerful than every previous enemy and I want more tits and asses! I. Want. More.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholemew Bear View Post
    But I want more gods who are more powerful than every previous enemy and I want more tits and asses! I. Want. More.
    You can always settle for aliens or other dimensions. That open the doors for pure furries and multiple lucy ass.

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

Shipmate

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    This is also true.

Then again I wouldn't know. Is Fairy Tail on its way out, or something? It has....what 500+ chapters now?
    I wouldn't know either since I stopped reading around 200 weeks ago (I just knew the sock drama couldn't be topped). But I am told it in an arc dealing with Zerefwhich ought to be its end game or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Another key difference is in the overwhelmingly pretentious presentation of Bleach; its complete schlock, improvised poppycock with a conga-line of artistic and narrative corner-cutting...yet it carries itself with such unearned seriousness, trying to pass itself off as something greater. If Fairy Tail is the uninspired manga-equivalent of Bayformers or the Alvin and the Chipmunks series, Bleach is Troll 2.
    At some point, it worked for Bleach. At some point when vain pretentiousness wasn't the very identity of Bleach but just this sort of flavor to a more balanced mix of material. And most importantly, back then Bleach had an actual emotional conflict going on for the reader to care about.

But as the story went on, even Ichigo himself turned into this impersonal messiah who fights for a reason but nobody knows or cares what that reason is. Rukia in Soul Society arc, Orihime in Arrancar arc, Chad in Fullbringer arc (we know the result, but according to the man that was the plan, right? Okay, no), all both of them acted as the emotional anchor to pull the audience in. And yet, and the supposedly most important final arc, Ishida who presumably is at the center of it all, goes missing for the first half of the arc, then gets two chapters for a half-hearted betrayal and a half-hearted redemption, and once again returns to the comfortable off screen.

Nice whimper of a drama there.

I dropped FT around the time a female member of a supposedly villainous guild had to strip down butt naked as a final punishment and then kicked out. It was a really disgusting attempt at creating shock, and I could not really tolerate even the little or silly things Mashima did anymore. That one moment ruined the whole thing for me. It didn't help I felt the manga was attempting to be pretty dark in its array of outright silliness around that time.

Bleach I just dropped because it was just plain boring. And I'm one that would say it was boring from the very first chapter. Its flaws after it entered the Soul Society Arc just became more apparent since it wasn't really improving. Sorta like back when I thought the Phantom Lord arc was the best FT had to offer, when in retrospect it's pretty bland.

Read Sengoku Youko. Not saying it's better or anything because it is, imo. It's just a better read, shorter, and is ending in 9 chapters anyway.

http://www.mangahere.co/manga/sengoku_youko/
    http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/sengoku-youko-r1434

Aside that. Farewell to this thread. I could have been against a merge years ago, but considering I'm not active on AP anymore and is older... Whatever, I guess?

There's not a single memorable arc in Fairy Tail. I dropped it after the. . .third? random (and useless) time skip. I think.

Phantom Lord was ok...ish. Hadn't much going for it. Tower of wathever was more or less the same. Or that guy with a wind sickle or something? The one with the fight festival was. . .harmless?

Nothing, just nothing stands out in the entirety of the series. You can probably read a couple arcs in a row and not feel uber insulted (there ARE insulting moments, specially that first time skip. . .holy ass shit was that uber CRAP), but there's not a single memorable moment in 500+ chapters. Not a single piece of interesting world building, not a single iconic dramatic moment, not a single can't-miss fight scene. . .everything is pure vanilla, by the book shonen dullness.

Bleach at least had a giant arm fighting Mayuri in some rocket boots. Every single other fight during the arc was either unbearably boring or unbearably ham fisted, true, but. . .yeah. And Aizen on a chair.

Fairy tail has exciting fights!

Like that time one of the most powerful enemy mages the guild ever faced was taken out by sneezing, then went to jail and went through the friendening! It was so exciting I fell asleep! Then Natsu got cancer in chapter 468 and she cured it in 469.

The most exciting one was the end of the tournament. All 5 FT members were injured so badly that a leaf hitting them would knock them out. So healthy Sting comes out having not fought at ready to take them all out, which he would have just enough points to win. But the most unexpected thing happens. The injured members are standing there all exhausted, and he freaks out and gets so scared, he surrenders on the spot because he can't compare to their power of friendship.

I don't even remember when I dropped fairy tail, lol.

I want to believe too big guy
    3ds code friend:0404-6254-1866
    new "new"3ds code friend:0791-4253-7110 (monster hunter)

Quote Originally Posted by Watch-man View Post
    Fairy Tail is in leaque of its own when it comes to how shitty it is.. Bleach is far better manga.
    No, Bleach used to be go-... decent. Now it's worse than Fairy tail.

This looks like the work of an enemy stand.

I stopped reading Bleach after they beat Aizen. That was the end far as I'm concerned. I briefly checked in to see Kenpachi's underwhelming bankai.

I stopped reading Fairy Tail after they went to cat island and got back the one member of their guild they though was dead or something and it was clear the series was never going to grow beyond what it was despite its potential.

So it's been years.

But both series have had a Gerard!

(And Fairy Tail has had like 3 months to make its own new thread. No one did. The apathy is high.)

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    (And Fairy Tail has had like 3 months to make its own new thread. No one did. The apathy is high.)

That or the few Fairy Tale fans that we have are pretty savvy about what not to make threads topics out of for obvious reasons

Though Bleach and Naruto carry on ironically enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Shipmate

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroy View Post
    Read Sengoku Youko. Not saying it's better or anything because it is, imo. It's just a better read, shorter, and is ending in 9 chapters anyway.

http://www.mangahere.co/manga/sengoku_youko/
    http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/sengoku-youko-r1434
    Sengoku Youko is great.

But no matter how good it is, it will end in just two weeks with chapter 99 being the last. Volume 15 should be released on Saturday though.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Is that an actual thing that happened?

Maybe then it is fitting that Fairy Tail now has to crash at Bleach's new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    Is that an actual thing that happened?

Maybe then it is fitting that Fairy Tail now has to crash at Bleach's new thread.
    It hit page 500 in the middle of February.

Shipmate

So Fairy Tail got evicted from its own thread.

Maybe there is justice in the world.

Sometimes, you Mod guys aren't very good at this Modding Stuff.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information